If you could suspend democracy for one day....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

So what would you do?

Shoot Him?
5%
Cut his balls off?
No votes
Torture him?
No votes
Torture him, then cut his balls off, then shoot him?
47%
Let him keep it?
47%

Total votes: 19

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 pm

There are clearly arguments on both sides for this - obviously, Goodwin's (or is it Godwin?) pension is vast, and is at odds with the losses posted by his ex-bank. It is also something of a slap in the face to the people getting laid off.

It is also apparent that this pension was in a legally binding contract, made before (I presume, correct if wrong please) the shit hit the fan. Law v ethics who will win.

I have to say though, when Harriet Harman comes out with shite like this:

“The Prime Minister has said it is not acceptable and therefore it will not be accepted. It might be enforceable in a court of law, this contract, but it’s not enforceable in the court of public opinion and that’s where the Government steps in.”

You bloody well have to worry.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 pm

Verbal wrote: You bloody well have to worry.
Not least because she has been this Government's Solicitor General and Minister for Justice.

:shock:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 am

... & to be fair, that £693,000 pa is almost twice what her husbamd took as a bribe in the course of perverting the course of justice in Italy.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Verbal wrote: You bloody well have to worry.
Not least because she has been this Government's Solicitor General and Minister for Justice.

:shock:
Aye. "Sod it, we don't like what that 'law and legislation' thing is telling us to do, so we'll do what we want."
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 am

Law? Don't make me laugh. Law is a convenience factor for whoever happens to be making them at the time. There are far too many laws and thus far too many loopholes to exploit. Fewer laws, clearly defined and with no flexibility. If it says something it must mean it, otherwise, what's the point?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am

Daily Mash is a great site. The Britain asks IMF What is your f*cking problem? story made me smile.

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 am

bobo the clown wrote:... & to be fair, that £693,000 pa is almost twice what her husbamd took as a bribe in the course of perverting the course of justice in Italy.
That was Tessa Jowell, I think. Although they look similar. I think HH had a problem with donations to her deputy leadership campaign.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:57 am

mrplow wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:... & to be fair, that £693,000 pa is almost twice what her husbamd took as a bribe in the course of perverting the course of justice in Italy.
That was Tessa Jowell, I think. Although they look similar. I think HH had a problem with donations to her deputy leadership campaign.
HH has more of a problem. She's an idiot.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:17 pm

mrplow wrote:
Damn. I hate facts getting in the way !!

Can't we decide, by law, that it was her ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".