Oasis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Oasis

Post by markakamark » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Anybody go last night? I thought they rescued the gig quite well and played a pretty decent set!

For those who didn't go and have an interest, during the first song (rock n roll star) the generator blew up and everything stopped. A while later they came back on to play Layla and everything stopped again. 30 mins later everything was fine and we're all (hopefully) getting refunds! They played on till after the curfue with 24 songs, which for free is awesome!

On the downside, I know why I don't like the whole 'festival' type of thiing now. People peeing in cups and launching it over the crowd. Nasty toiletts. A plethora of drugs being taken etc etc.

All in all, very good!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 pm

I went and thought it was brilliant. Kasabian's 50 minute set went in no time and they were a highlight. When the generators packed in I was worried we wouldn't get anything else, but credit to them they played really well after that. Noel's songs were my favourites IMO with Half the World Away, Masterplan and DLBIA being particularly good. Also, great to see them do Live Forever.

As for the piss throwing, I've seen it a lot worse in the past, notably when they came to Liverpool back in November. Some muppet about 10 yards away from me did decide however to drop his kecks and piss freely all around him on the floor. Disappointed the Enemy weren't on though as I was looking forward to seeing them.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 pm

jimbo wrote:I went and thought it was brilliant. Kasabian's 50 minute set went in no time and they were a highlight. When the generators packed in I was worried we wouldn't get anything else, but credit to them they played really well after that. Noel's songs were my favourites IMO with Half the World Away, Masterplan and DLBIA being particularly good. Also, great to see them do Live Forever.

As for the piss throwing, I've seen it a lot worse in the past, notably when they came to Liverpool back in November. Some muppet about 10 yards away from me did decide however to drop his kecks and piss freely all around him on the floor. Disappointed the Enemy weren't on though as I was looking forward to seeing them.
I actually prefer Reverend and the Makers myself

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:46 pm

boltonboris wrote: I actually prefer Reverend and the Makers myself
I was just going to ask; Did any of you see Reverend and the Makers?

Fantastic band on disc, are they any good live?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:10 pm

I heard they played Slide Away? That would have been magnificent.
The last time I saw them was way back at Lancs' Cricket ground. They were good, but I left during the encore of 'My Generation' to beat the traffic. I've never seen them do 'I Am The Walrus' and I can't afford to see them nowadays!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I heard they played Slide Away? That would have been magnificent.
The last time I saw them was way back at Lancs' Cricket ground. They were good, but I left during the encore of 'My Generation' to beat the traffic. I've never seen them do 'I Am The Walrus' and I can't afford to see them nowadays!
Yeh Slide Away is my favourite Oasis track but it didn't stand out last night as much as it did at the Echo last year.

As for Reverend, I enjoyed them but am not as familiar with their stuff as the Enemy and I only knew 3 of their songs. They were Ok live, but I'm guessing not that well rehearsed having to stand in at the last minute and it was a pretty low key performance because of it, but still a good set.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:58 pm

The only band of all that lot who I'd pay to see are Kasabian. Any good?

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:14 pm

I wasn't that keen on kasabian live, but that's mostly because I'm not that keen on them full stop. I personally don't really think they're a 'live' band, but each to their own.

The worst thing I saw last night was some dude puke into a cup and then throw that! :?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Just got back from my mates now. I massively enjoyed it. First time I've seen them live, and they were what I grew up on.

Was impressed with Twisted Wheel, better than I expected from a band who on the face of it were a drummer, a pikey, and an Icelandic emo.

Managed to miss most of Reverand and the Makers, but whilst I don't mind them, I'm not a huge fan of their music, and wish John McClure would jack it and become a politician.

Kasabian were far better than I expected, good fun, and since they'd slipped of my radar, was good to have a sing along to the songs from their first album.

Then the main attraction, who were superb. Fair play to the man as well, just seen his interview on TV and seems he's paying for the refunds from his own pocket, thats nearly £4million quid! Doesn't really help me as my ticket was free, but my mate's chuffed!

As for the beer getting chucked, it's a gig! God, could be worse, it could be 1977 and people gobbing on each other. If you didn't like it you could always have gone and stood outside the front pit. I also enjoyed an impromtu wrestling ring which sprung up in the middle of Kasabian's set.

So up till Oasis walked off, all gravy, afterwards was a complete ball-ache. Had the most disgusting Chinese ever from a dodgy van, which made a reappearance on the way home. Then due to the delay had to walk to Bowker Vale metro, then due to that delay missed all the trains home, then sat for an hour and a half at a bus stop waiting for a night bus that was cancelled for no apparent reason, and with no signs. So had to share a taxi to Walkden, 35 bloody quid. Robbing bastards.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:Just got back from my mates now. I massively enjoyed it. First time I've seen them live, and they were what I grew up on.

Was impressed with Twisted Wheel, better than I expected from a band who on the face of it were a drummer, a pikey, and an Icelandic emo.

Managed to miss most of Reverand and the Makers, but whilst I don't mind them, I'm not a huge fan of their music, and wish John McClure would jack it and become a politician.

Kasabian were far better than I expected, good fun, and since they'd slipped of my radar, was good to have a sing along to the songs from their first album.

Then the main attraction, who were superb. Fair play to the man as well, just seen his interview on TV and seems he's paying for the refunds from his own pocket, thats nearly £4million quid! Doesn't really help me as my ticket was free, but my mate's chuffed!

As for the beer getting chucked, it's a gig! God, could be worse, it could be 1977 and people gobbing on each other. If you didn't like it you could always have gone and stood outside the front pit. I also enjoyed an impromtu wrestling ring which sprung up in the middle of Kasabian's set.

So up till Oasis walked off, all gravy, afterwards was a complete ball-ache. Had the most disgusting Chinese ever from a dodgy van, which made a reappearance on the way home. Then due to the delay had to walk to Bowker Vale metro, then due to that delay missed all the trains home, then sat for an hour and a half at a bus stop waiting for a night bus that was cancelled for no apparent reason, and with no signs. So had to share a taxi to Walkden, 35 bloody quid. Robbing bastards.
Beer, fair enough. Piss and puke, no. What is it with people who think that is remotely normal?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Of Reverend and The Makers I'd say - go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfFmxJhtxU

If you like that then you're likely to like the rest of their stuff. If you don't like it then they're not the band for you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Of Reverend and The Makers I'd say - go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfFmxJhtxU

If you like that then you're likely to like the rest of their stuff. If you don't like it then they're not the band for you.
Not bad, you'll probably shout at me for this, but they sound a bit Duranny....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of Reverend and The Makers I'd say - go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfFmxJhtxU

There's something of the 80s rhythm-box about them, but the words are a street or two beyond "You're about as easy as a nuclear war".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

There's something of the 80s rhythm-box about them, but the words are a street or two beyond "You're about as easy as a nuclear war".
Funny you should mention Duran Duran because my mate commented that he had 'Hungry Like the Wolf' in his head after their set had finished. We just thought he was odd but maybe there's something in it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Yeah the words are different - but the song remains the same... :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:20 pm

jimbo wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Funny you should mention Duran Duran because my mate commented that he had 'Hungry Like the Wolf' in his head after their set had finished. We just thought he was odd but maybe there's something in it.
The Link Brucie posted, I got errr. Lemmie think...Some bit out of the verses to Rio and a few others besides..I think there are some distinct similarities - evend down to the shape of the lead singers conk.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

I wont at all. I hadn't noticed it but now you've mentioned it the chorus does bear a certain resemblance.

Try this and let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWOMo8GtXw

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I wont at all. I hadn't noticed it but now you've mentioned it the chorus does bear a certain resemblance.

Try this and let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWOMo8GtXw
Bass line is better and prefer this track musically :-) still bits of Duran in there though :mrgreen:

M'off forra scoop now ;-)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:23 pm

reverend & the makers, fookin shite.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:reverend & the makers, fookin shite.
Having seen your watch................. :wink: