Saw Inglourious Basterds the other night

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:03 am

MJH-12 wrote:Looking forward to seeing this movie-film and will someone please confirm the question posed by Athers;

Do Brad Pitt and Hitler really exchange "Nein Nein Nein Nein!" and "Oh yes yes yes yes!" ?
Yes. Not seen the film, but that bit's in the trailer.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:Looking forward to seeing this movie-film and will someone please confirm the question posed by Athers;

Do Brad Pitt and Hitler really exchange "Nein Nein Nein Nein!" and "Oh yes yes yes yes!" ?
It looks like 2 scenes put together.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:05 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Could well be SJM. Like I say, I only saw the advertised bit.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Could well be SJM. Like I say, I only saw the advertised bit.
Hence the need to find out if it actually happens! I guess I could stop bitchin and just find out for myself at the weekend!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

MJH-12 wrote:Do Brad Pitt and Hitler really exchange "Nein Nein Nein Nein!" and "Oh yes yes yes yes!" ?
Saw it last night, and no, it doesn't happen.

But don't let that stop you from watching it! Good film, though quite long (2 and a half hours IIRC).

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Marshall wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:Do Brad Pitt and Hitler really exchange "Nein Nein Nein Nein!" and "Oh yes yes yes yes!" ?
Saw it last night, and no, it doesn't happen.

But don't let that stop you from watching it! Good film, though quite long (2 and a half hours IIRC).
Damn those editors, drawing me in with their clever shenanigans!!

Cheers Marshall, I shall be popping down to the local multiplex with gusto! Oh and if 2.5hrs is anything to go by, The Dark Knight was a wonderful film so I've got high hopes for such a lengthy cinematic viewing
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Marshall wrote:
Saw it last night, and no, it doesn't happen.But don't let that stop you from watching it! Good film, though quite long (2 and a half hours IIRC).
Looks like it's another of those "Play it again Sam" legends then. The trailer must be a spoof because it was definitely in there.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm

It is quite similar to The Dark Knight in that it's long but not really noticeable. I only really noticed the length of the film during the third chapter in the bar scene, but otherwise it is quite manageable even for a seasoned fidgetter like myself!
TANGODANCER wrote:
Marshall wrote:
Saw it last night, and no, it doesn't happen.But don't let that stop you from watching it! Good film, though quite long (2 and a half hours IIRC).
Looks like it's another of those "Play it again Sam" legends then. The trailer must be a spoof because it was definitely in there.
I don't think Hitler and Pitt are even seen in the same room at any point during the film :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Marshall wrote:
Its two scenes in the trailer cut next to each other. You never see Brad Pitt on the same screen as Hitler in the trailer!

Its like taking a scene out of Emmerdale then putting it immediately next to one in corrie. If you didn't know any better you'd think it twas the same program!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:And loads of gore! People get scalped, bludgeoned, machine-gunned, throttled. Quite graphically too. So consider yourself warned.

However it's still far and away the most entertaining thing out right now. So you know what to do.
Bruce Rioja wrote:
ratbert wrote:I'm looking forward to it... though I've heard it's quite free and easy with regards to historical events!
See, that'd have me wazzing my Haagen Dazs at the screen and storming out of the cinema whilst delivering a veritable volley of expletives. OK, well I'd definitely make sure that I tutted loud enough so that people could hear it! :evil:
You might wanna sit this one out then. It's just a romp.
Cheers, Jaker. I think it's the top bit that'll keep me away more thanks, Chief! :shock:
Well it's played for laughs mainly. Comic gore more than anything else.
Still graphic whichever way you slice n dice it!

I was sitting next to a girl that didn't see this type of film often. She was covering her eyes and squealing every ten minutes. This can be annoying but it can also help you get into a film if the audience is 'oohing' and 'aahing' all the time.

I'm all for Hollywood blockbusters when they get people involved and are well made. It's just dross like Pearl Harbour that should be, ahem, sunk.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 am

Saw it tonight. Enjoyed it. Can confirm that Pitt and Hitler are never in the same room.

I still don't think I really understand the premise enough to offer any analysis.

And yes, there is some of the kind of gore that makes girls cover their eyes, but not the kind of gore that ruins a film for a bloke who doesn't like gore... if you know what I mean.

Waltz was tremendous as Landa. Spent the entire film trying to remember where I knew Zoller's face from, then remembered as I was leaving that he was the son in Goodbye Lenin.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 am

I was sitting next to a girl that didn't see this type of film often. She was covering her eyes and squealing every ten minutes. This can be annoying but it can also help you get into a film if the audience is 'oohing' and 'aahing' all the time.
Are you sure you was in the right type of cinema? :shock:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:Just back from the ol' multiplex.

Chock-full of tense dialogue scenes (kinda like a serious version of 'Ello 'Ello.)
Tarantino's usual snappy dialogue, but luckily not as distracting and annoying as the Kill Bill's or Deathproof.
Some quality eye-candy; guns, explosions, babes.
Lots of laughs.
And loads of gore! People get scalped, bludgeoned, machine-gunned, throttled. Quite graphically too. So consider yourself warned.

However it's still far and away the most entertaining thing out right now. So you know what to do.
Bruce Rioja wrote:
ratbert wrote:I'm looking forward to it... though I've heard it's quite free and easy with regards to historical events!
See, that'd have me wazzing my Haagen Dazs at the screen and storming out of the cinema whilst delivering a veritable volley of expletives. OK, well I'd definitely make sure that I tutted loud enough so that people could hear it! :evil:
You might wanna sit this one out then. It's just a romp.[/quote

Never heard of it but the bit in bold there has put me off going, self obsessed boring man who makes shite films....and Pitts in it........more wooden than a wooden thing with wood worm that bloke!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah. You could tell Pitt was only getting away with the rubbish accent because it was Pitt.
Porrohman wrote:
Are you sure you was in the right type of cinema? :shock:
:mrgreen:

No chance! I live in Ireland. Still too much underlying repression and catholic guilt for there to be any old man, dirty coat cinemas.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Brad Pitt is, or at least was, a good actor. There, I said it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:Brad Pitt is, or at least was, a good actor. There, I said it.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

You ever seen Troy.........christ all he did was pose about half naked (what a great film it could have been), don't even mention that boring rubbish where he dies and comes back (think Anthony Hopkins is in it), hellfire that was two hours odd of my life I won't get back and the most boring twaddle ever!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Raven wrote:

You ever seen Troy.........christ all he did was pose about half naked (what a great film it could have been), don't even mention that boring rubbish where he dies and comes back (think Anthony Hopkins is in it), hellfire that was two hours odd of my life I won't get back and the most boring twaddle ever!
"Meet Joe Black" ... tosh, but worth it just for Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole singing the 'Somewhere, Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World' song to Ukelele.

If you've never heard this, do so immediately. An amazing song. If you download it you can avoid having to sit through the film for it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:36 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Raven wrote:

"Meet Joe Black" ... tosh, but worth it just for Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole singing the 'Somewhere, Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World' song to Ukelele.

If you've never heard this, do so immediately. An amazing song. If you download it you can avoid having to sit through the film for it.
Good call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 pm

granted he has had some shockers, and he is far too 'hollywood' for me but to be fair, he's been very good in some; se7en, snatch, benjamin button, Kalifornia, 12 monkeys...

and I thought he was great with smaller roles in burn after reading & true romance!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:granted he has had some shockers, and he is far too 'hollywood' for me but to be fair, he's been very good in some; se7en, snatch, benjamin button, Kalifornia, 12 monkeys...
and I thought he was great with smaller roles in burn after reading & true romance!
If that's the one he played a gypsy bare-knuckle boxer in, then I thought he was excellent in the role.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.