Idiotic woman killed by 'pet' bear

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:34 pm

shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Raven wrote:Stupid woman, shame they killed the bear!
Thought did cross my mind. A wild animal that size kept in a fifteen feet square cage for why? Bad enough in zoos, but private owners keeping them for no sensible reason defies explanation.
Cos bears are awesome?
Do you think a bear would beat a lion in a fight?
You are Harry Hill and I claim my £5! :D
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Last edited by Bruno on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:34 pm

shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thought did cross my mind. A wild animal that size kept in a fifteen feet square cage for why? Bad enough in zoos, but private owners keeping them for no sensible reason defies explanation.
Cos bears are awesome?
No.

Bears are, as has correctly been pointed out, awesome, but a lion would win in a fight.

Bears are large and cumbersome, and lack the feline grace of the lion, which would evade the bear's blows, and move in to pounce.

A tiger would, however, beat both.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Cos bears are awesome?
No.

Bears are, as has correctly been pointed out, awesome, but a lion would win in a fight.

Bears are large and cumbersome, and lack the feline grace of the lion, which would evade the bear's blows, and move in to pounce.

An owl beats a tiger though, it has the high ground.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

shevchenko54
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shevchenko54 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Thought did cross my mind. A wild animal that size kept in a fifteen feet square cage for why? Bad enough in zoos, but private owners keeping them for no sensible reason defies explanation.
Cos bears are awesome?
No.

An owl beats a tiger though, it has the high ground.
I am not sure. IMO Lions are a little overated. They tend to spend alot of their time stalking prey and not a lot of time being excessively aggresive!

I'd say the bear takes out the lion through shear determination!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 pm

It would be interesting. The bear is stronger.

If it got hold of the lion then it would win.

But the lion is clearly more agile and so would have that advantage.

Wouldn't want to meet either down a dark alley myself though.

:shock:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm

shevchenko54 wrote:
I am not sure. IMO Lions are a little overated. They tend to spend alot of their time stalking prey and not a lot of time being excessively aggresive!

Lions overrated?

Pah! And double pah. I can't think of a stronger put-down than that.

Lions are fantastic. They stalk. They hunt. They pounce. A bear'd never get near one. And I say that as someone who likes - indeed, admires - bears.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:11 pm

The Lions at Chester Zoo were sh*t last time I went to see them. They were all raggedy and scrawny and just lay there doing nowt. The Tiger, however, decided to show us how hard he was. So I reckon the Bear tw*ts the Lion, then the Tiger turns up and wins the day.

Wonder if the Zoo'd sanction this? They'd make a mint.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm appawled at some of the comments on this thread about that poor woman.
I agree, I'm bearly holding up

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:

Lions overrated?

Lions are fantastic. They stalk. They hunt. They pounce. A bear'd never get near one. And I say that as someone who likes - indeed, admires - bears.
Nah sorry, in a straight up fight, bear wins. But then he has to take on the Rhino. Now who wins?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 pm

fatshaft wrote:
Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:

Lions overrated?

Nah sorry, in a straight up fight, bear wins. But then he has to take on the Rhino. Now who wins?
The fecking owl!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 am

As some idiotic twit (is that tautological?) from Monty's province found out yesterday.

shevchenko54
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shevchenko54 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am

fatshaft wrote:
Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:

Lions overrated?

The Rhino, quite comfortably. They don't have the natural aggression of say a bear, or a lion, but are pretty well armoured.

i'm going to throw one out there...........the honey badger!

Who would win in a fatal 3-way between a bear, alion and a honey badger?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Yorkshire Terrier - they'd all probably choke on it.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Cos bears are awesome?
No.

You are quite wrong actually Puskas, the old goldrush settlers used to have bear fights when they got boring they shipped in some lions to fight the bears, the bears always won - though granted they were grizzly bears.

The lion you see, has a pretty weak skull, one swipe of a bears claws and BOSH the Lion is dead.

http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict13.html

It is just further proof that America has more than its fair share of absolute idiots. Also reminding me of this tale....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -flat.html

Adding to the animal mix, aren't Polar Bears the only animal that view humans as natural prey?
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:43 pm

shevchenko54 wrote: i'm going to throw one out there...........the honey badger!
I believe a famous zoologist once noted that...... a Honey Badger does not kill you to eat you. It tears off your testicles
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:46 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Puskas wrote:
shevchenko54 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Thought did cross my mind. A wild animal that size kept in a fifteen feet square cage for why? Bad enough in zoos, but private owners keeping them for no sensible reason defies explanation.
Cos bears are awesome?
No.

You are quite wrong actually Puskas, the old goldrush settlers used to have bear fights when they got boring they shipped in some lions to fight the bears, the bears always won - though granted they were grizzly bears.

The lion you see, has a pretty weak skull, one swipe of a bears claws and BOSH the Lion is dead.

It is just further proof that America has more than its fair share of absolute idiots. Also reminding me of this tale....

Adding to the animal mix, aren't Polar Bears the only animal that view humans as natural prey?
Suppose you could look at it as like a heavyweight taking on a middle weight. The lion will have the agilty and speed, but just one swipe from the bear as others have said and it's all over. Surely the bear would just be too big for the lion's attacks to have that much of an impact? It's definitely an interesting one. Throw them both in the water and a great white shark would batter both!

On a slightly different topic, what do you reckon is the hardest animal that you could beat in a fight?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:50 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote: You are quite wrong actually Puskas, the old goldrush settlers used to have bear fights when they got boring they shipped in some lions to fight the bears, the bears always won - though granted they were grizzly bears.

Impressive!

The lion, though, is wound up to be aggressive, and isn't using its superior intelligence. Battle of wits, the lion doesn't charge straight in and wins. I still think....

Just because cats are marvellous. Generally.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Puskas wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote: You are quite wrong actually Puskas, the old goldrush settlers used to have bear fights when they got boring they shipped in some lions to fight the bears, the bears always won - though granted they were grizzly bears.

Impressive!

The lion, though, is wound up to be aggressive, and isn't using its superior intelligence. Battle of wits, the lion doesn't charge straight in and wins. I still think....

And useful.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Puskas wrote:

Impressive!

On the African plains clearly the Lion has an advantage.

In a ring though or a defined arena, I'd go for the bear.