Favourite scones

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Favourite scones

Post by Bruno » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:33 pm

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Not sure what you mean - but i hope its a Bill Murray thread!?

i fookin love that guy...

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Pronounced 'scawn' of course. :mrgreen:

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Nah, like 'stone'

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Bruno wrote:Nah, like 'stone'

Not sure about that.

What's the fastest cake in the world?

Scone....

Doesn't work if you pronounce it like stone.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Then you are mispronouncing scone.....:)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Scone rhymes with gone, and that's that! :P

Going back to the original question, my favourite scones are baked by my very own mother. There are a couple of things that the old girl absolutely excels at, and baking her own scones is one. The problem is though that she can't tell you the recipe because she doesn't have one as such, she just knows how much of one thing to put with another. Anyway, being as it's unlikely that any of you will be tasting any my mum's, I can, as a man that knows his scones, recommend the scones at Westmorland Services, Tebay. Very, very good indeed.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Not been up there in a while, but the Last Drop used to do a decent scone. The cafes in Haworth aren't too shabby either.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Scone rhymes with gone, and that's that! :P

Going back to the original question, my favourite scones are baked by my very own mother. There are a couple of things that the old girl absolutely excels at, and baking her own scones is one. The problem is though that she can't tell you the recipe because she doesn't have one as such, she just knows how much of one thing to put with another. Anyway, being as it's unlikely that any of you will be tasting any my mum's, I can, as a man that knows his scones, recommend the scones at Westmorland Services, Tebay. Very, very good indeed.
I love Tebay Services.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:

I love Tebay Services.
Me too. I go the long way round just to take them in!

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:

I love Tebay Services.
Me too. I go the long way round just to take them in!
You're not the only one Bruce. I often come back from the North East via Scotch Corner just so I can take in Tebay and (among other things) get my 'Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding' fix!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 pm

dave1980 wrote: You're not the only one Bruce. I often come back from the North East via Scotch Corner just so I can take in Tebay and (among other things) get my 'Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding' fix!
Ohhhh, man alive. There's a portion of Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding swimming in a pint of custard waiting for us all at the gates of Heaven. There just has to be.

Note to novices: Ignore the M6 South signs when coming across from Scotch Corner. These will send you through the absolutely wonderful Kirkby Steven, but will put you onto the M6 south of said magnificent services.