Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LILYCOOL
Hopeful
Hopeful

hello

Post by LILYCOOL » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:03 am

:pissed: Drinking and dancing!!
I love FASHION BOOTS MOST.
Fantasy is the destination. Logic is the journey.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 am

No NYE raves anyone?

were just on our way to the inlaws in Criccieth, not sure if its much of a party, probably just us and them? ah well, im sure there will be a decent spread on.

rock n roll!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Going nowhere tonight, plenty coming round to our house though. Last year, I think we wrapped up about 0500-0600 (ish).

Apologies in advance should I offend someone at 0400 this morning or so.

Everyone have a good evening.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 pm

Not likely to be online later, so I'll wish you all a Happy New Year in advance. May it be a good one for you all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Pub- YEY, working- BOO, but will ge getting leathered anyway- YEY, it's fancy dress- BOO. I hate dressing up.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:Pub- YEY, working- BOO, but will ge getting leathered anyway- YEY, it's fancy dress- BOO. I hate dressing up.
out to the shed for some more logs and a bag of coal....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Pub- YEY, working- BOO, but will ge getting leathered anyway- YEY, it's fancy dress- BOO. I hate dressing up.
out to the shed for some more logs and a bag of coal....
Ah, gathering winter fu-uu-ell..... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Nowhere. I shall be monitoring newsnow.co.uk 24/7 from herein to see which clueless scouser has been chosen to take the Reebok hotseat.

It's a lonely vigil, but someone has to do it.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Not tonight, but tomorrow morning - I'm off to Kings Cross to interview the exec. editor of The Guardian's commentisfree. Nervous.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Verbal wrote:Not tonight, but tomorrow morning - I'm off to Kings Cross to interview the exec. editor of The Guardian's commentisfree. Nervous.
You'll be fine...

If you get chance (or want) to ask (unlikely I know)...

I'd like to know if the site ever gets invaded by rightist thug idiots trying to flood...

Can any site like this ever break a story - does anyone actually post something that goes 'Ding?'

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 pm

With regard to the former, comments on cif are post-moderated so i'd reckon any invasion would be swiftly dealt with.

Luckily, the second leads into the main focus of the reason I'm there in the first place; my dissertation project :)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Verbal wrote:With regard to the former, comments on cif are post-moderated so i'd reckon any invasion would be swiftly dealt with.

Luckily, the second leads into the main focus of the reason I'm there in the first place; my dissertation project :)
Hope it goes well... sure it will..

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:18 pm

thanks...will try and post some answers to your queries tomorrow or over the weekend.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Interesting...

chatting to her, cif is an excellent platform for pluralising and widening debate...which is fairly obvious, to be honest. Rather than just having opinion dictated to you from 'columnists', hundreds of people from all walks of life can write and submit a piece on a particular topic. The key line is that it doesn't matter if you can't articulate like Simon Jenkins; if you've got a point, your in.

Though obviously these will all go through the same editorial process, so the extent to which you can call it a free forum is debatable...

With regard to breaking stories, it's apparent that journalists at the big g-unit have come to use blogging, twitter, other social media as a way to find stories and evidence. Cases in point are the Iain Tomlinson death at the g20, and the trafigura scandal.

Will type the recordings up at the weekend and see if any of it actually makes sense!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Verbal wrote:Though obviously these will all go through the same editorial process, so the extent to which you can call it a free forum is debatable...
Exactly. Doesn't sound much like 'widening the debate' to me, fella.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 am

Tonight was the press night of Midsummer Night's Dream at the Octagon. It is a glorious production. Wife and I loved every minute. Simply a delight to be there. Especially lovely to see a young cast come to grips with shakespeare and end up owning the play securely, telling its story with clarity, creating character with depth and variety.

And I'll be going again. You don't get to see Shakespeare of this quality outside Stratford or London. And it's in Bolton. How good is that?

Oh - it's set in the 1960s and the design is inspired by the iconic cover of the sergeant pepper album and is wonderfully inventive and vibrant and colourful...

Unmissable for theatre lovers, shakespeare fans and anyone who enjoys the sound of laughter. it is very funny. I think it's fantastic that a play written over 400 years ago can make people curl with laughter now...

you'll have gathered i quite liked it... :D :D :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am

Tonight at the Bridgewater Hall to see (for the 6th time) a concert from the world's most brilliant Fadista, Mariza.

Two hours of bliss.

Wonderful music, incredibly brilliant voice, moving, uplifting, just delicious...

So great shakespeare last night... oustanding portuguese music tonight... only the football to spoil the weekend - and i ain't going to let it!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:29 pm

William the White wrote:Tonight was the press night of Midsummer Night's Dream at the Octagon.
Read the review in tonight's BEN. The guy must've been close to creaming himself. Couldn't praise it enough.
I look forward to seeing it later in the week.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:Tonight was the press night of Midsummer Night's Dream at the Octagon.
Read the review in tonight's BEN. The guy must've been close to creaming himself. Couldn't praise it enough.
I look forward to seeing it later in the week.
Yet possibly the worst review David Thacker has ever had in City Limits/MEN...

Absurd... it's brilliant - but long - 3 hours 20... That's a lot of play for your buck... :wink:

let me know what you think, Bruce...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 am

Going pub to watch footy.