Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:28 am

Gary The Beaver wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:This new bollox about free laptops and broadband for the poorest ........whatever happened to feckin working for a living?
I'm looking at setting up at home with Broadband and a new laptop.

I'm looking at paying £400 - £600 for the laptop and then a broadband package will cost me on average £40 per month.

So that's potentially over £1000 for my first year.
Labour muggers for you!!!!! Sod the grit let hoodies have free internet

Lord above I'm soooooo lost without Megson!!!!!!!
Last edited by Hoboh on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm angry now (or perhaps more just resigned) as I've just been told that my operation on Wednesday has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Bag packed, time-off booked, head in the zone etc etc.
that'll be the "Today I am a bit resigned" thread you're after! ;-) (hope the op goes well...)

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:49 am

Today I'm angry at how I can be in a library for about forty hours and not have this f*cking essay done.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am

England throwing away their chance of winning a series in South Africa in the space of half an hour!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am

In keeping with my new year's resolution - I am learning by heart a poem every week...

I am ahead of the game - I am learning poem number 4 and it is only 2 weeks into January..

anyway - this one is one I learned as a child - some 35 years ago - but have now largely forgotten - and it irritated me back then!

the poem is "The tyger" by William Blake:

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

every other verse has the simple and straightforward aabb rhyming scheme (except the last which is basically a repeat of the first)

BUT - in this first verse SYMMETRY does not rhyme with EYE - however you say it!!

arggghhhhhhhhh!!!

(also - he can't spell TIGER!)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Calm down bish. Tyger was acceptable in the 18th century and eye does rhyme with symmetry in Edinburgh. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Calm down bish. Tyger was acceptable in the 18th century and eye does rhyme with symmetry in Edinburgh. :wink:
yes Monty (should have put a wink!)

and - no it doesn't! the only place I can think of where it might is Birmingham! maybe Blake was a closet Brummie?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Calm down bish. Tyger was acceptable in the 18th century and eye does rhyme with symmetry in Edinburgh. :wink:

{b}and - no it doesn't! the only place I can think of where it might is Birmingham![/b] maybe Blake was a closet Brummie?
I was basing the supposition on the (alleged) Scottish ballad of Sir Patrick Spens (which you should learn as part of your resolution):

The first line that Sir Patrick read,
A loud laugh laughed he;
The next line that Sir Patrick read,
The tear blinded his ee.

Perhaps I should have said Dunfermline not Edinburgh!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:

{b}and - no it doesn't! the only place I can think of where it might is Birmingham![/b] maybe Blake was a closet Brummie?
I was basing the supposition on the (alleged) Scottish ballad of Sir Patrick Spens (which you should learn as part of your resolution):

The first line that Sir Patrick read,
A loud laugh laughed he;
The next line that Sir Patrick read,
The tear blinded his ee.

Perhaps I should have said Dunfermline not Edinburgh!

ahhh - I thought you were positing an edinburgh pronunciation of "symmetr-eye" 8)

maybe blake was a closet scots brummie hybrid? - in which case it wouldn't rhyme!

what immortal hand or ee
could frame this fearful symmetr-eye :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:59 pm

maybe the art thread has run its course and we need a poetry thread?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Poetry!!!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Hobinho wrote:Poetry!!!
Instant enthusiasm from the tramp.

start it up, bish...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Hobinho wrote:Poetry!!!
don't ya know-it-ry......

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:06 am

I'm angry that this thread is being hijacked by the wordsmiths :evil:

oh, and First Capital Connect - probably the worst train company in the world. Even their massaged performance figures read 62.8% of service less than 5 mins late. Not bad when around 70% of the trains haven't run for 3 weeks :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:20 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm angry that this thread is being hijacked by the wordsmiths :evil:

oh, and First Capital Connect - probably the worst train company in the world. Even their massaged performance figures read 62.8% of service less than 5 mins late. Not bad when around 70% of the trains haven't run for 3 weeks :roll:

a train company that offers a massage service - even if a little late - can't be all bad? :conf:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 pm

RUBBISH black eyes. If you HAVE to get mugged, you at least hope for some manly battle scars. What do I get, an initial camp black stripe that made me look like Adam Ant had been disturbed halfway through makeup, that has now gone red and yellow so I look like some twatty rave kid. People keep looking at me thinking I'm on my way back from a warehouse. Eurgh.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm angry that this thread is being hijacked by the wordsmiths :evil:

a train company that offers a massage service - even if a little late - can't be all bad? :conf:
Problem is, they use the wrong kind of lubricant and are completely untrained, although that aspect is quite hard to gauge.

:oops:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Gary The Beaver wrote:
thebish wrote:

Problem is, they use the wrong kind of lubricant and are completely untrained, although that aspect is quite hard to gauge.

:oops:
Can you not express that any better?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:RUBBISH black eyes. If you HAVE to get mugged, you at least hope for some manly battle scars. What do I get, an initial camp black stripe that made me look like Adam Ant had been disturbed halfway through makeup, that has now gone red and yellow so I look like some twatty rave kid. People keep looking at me thinking I'm on my way back from a warehouse. Eurgh.
Don't get mugged.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 pm

thebish wrote:

They'd manage to get that wrong as well!