What's Cardiff like?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 am

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Well, you can save on your clothing costs ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm
AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH I hate, properly loathe stories like that. Stories that turn me into a daily mail reader. What is the cockfookingarseabiding point of that. Who the hell is getting offended. Christ. Honestly sack off these David Cameron billboards, as a nation we need a country full of massive posters saying CHILL. THE. feck. OUT. IT. IS. NOT. IMPORTANT.
Errr me actually.

Wouldn't let anyone in payjama's in my shop. Chances are they're knobheads.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 am

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Well, you can save on your clothing costs ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm
AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH I hate, properly loathe stories like that. Stories that turn me into a daily mail reader. What is the cockfookingarseabiding point of that. Who the hell is getting offended. Christ. Honestly sack off these David Cameron billboards, as a nation we need a country full of massive posters saying CHILL. THE. feck. OUT. IT. IS. NOT. IMPORTANT.
To the " ... today I'm angry about" thread with you, young man.

The bit I liked was that "if it was my big-shop then I'd get dressed ...".

Anyway, that story suited my own prejudices & so it's good. If it didn't, it'd be a trivial waste of energy.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 am

Who the f*ck goes out in their pyjamas anyway apart from mental patients? I mean, theres chilling out, and then theres completely giving up......
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 am

bobby5 wrote:Great city and tbh a great area to live. I live down the road in Newport (Ryder Cup etc). Getting more cosmopolitan every year. Uni is great, got a very good reputation. My son has had open days with them and they have come across well.
Newport city centre on a Monday night, circa 2005

It was like Gaza after a dawn raid

Absolute shitehole
Sto ut Serviam

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 am

Newport and Cardiff lads aren't too keen on each other neither. Getting caught in the middle of them lot wasn't much fun.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:50 pm

blurred wrote:Excellent city - good and varied nightlife, plenty of things to see/do, decent sized student population, locals are prettty canny most of the time.
I'll concur with that. I spent every fifth week there over a three year period and never tired of the place, or the people.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Rip
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rip » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm

It's awesome.

Very nice city centre.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
bobby5 wrote:Great city and tbh a great area to live. I live down the road in Newport (Ryder Cup etc). Getting more cosmopolitan every year. Uni is great, got a very good reputation. My son has had open days with them and they have come across well.
Newport city centre on a Monday night, circa 2005

It was like Gaza after a dawn raid

Absolute shitehole
Haha Caps, nowt has changed. Wouldn't go out in Newport for all the tea in China.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"