Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
thebish wrote:
jimbo wrote:Myself for having little or no domestic knowledge and tumble drying my favourite delicate wool jumper that cost £60.
who in their right mind would spend £60 on a jumper?? :conf:
£60!? where do you get a decent jumper for less?
What you doing with jumpers anyhow? soft buggers. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm

thebish wrote:
jimbo wrote:Myself for having little or no domestic knowledge and tumble drying my favourite delicate wool jumper that cost £60.
are you a girl?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm

I doubt it, the bish, but I bet he values his thigh boots and boa.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:46 pm

thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:
are you a girl?
I've got no qualms spending that on a jumper. Jumpers last a long time (unless thrown in a tumble drier, as proved today) and I get a lot of wear out of them. When I've bought cheaper things in the past they've not lasted as long and needed to be replaced. Probably works out the same in the grand scheme of things.

Plus - it pays to look good :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 pm

jimbo wrote: I've got no qualms spending that on a jumper. Jumpers last a long time (unless thrown in a tumble drier, as proved today) and I get a lot of wear out of them. When I've bought cheaper things in the past they've not lasted as long and needed to be replaced. Probably works out the same in the grand scheme of things.

Ignore him, Jimbo. Thebish doubtlessly spends all of his waking hours in the works issue 'cloth' anyway.

We stylish bastards were spending upwards of £40 on quality jumpers down at Man And His Clothes and/or Scholes and Scholes back in 84.

A bish is a man that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing etc. etc. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 pm

jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:
are you a girl?
I've got no qualms spending that on a jumper. Jumpers last a long time (unless thrown in a tumble drier, as proved today) and I get a lot of wear out of them. When I've bought cheaper things in the past they've not lasted as long and needed to be replaced. Probably works out the same in the grand scheme of things.

Could I suggest that the opposite appears to be true?

And let face it, if the jumper is going to make the difference, then there's a bigger problem...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jimbo wrote: I've got no qualms spending that on a jumper. Jumpers last a long time (unless thrown in a tumble drier, as proved today) and I get a lot of wear out of them. When I've bought cheaper things in the past they've not lasted as long and needed to be replaced. Probably works out the same in the grand scheme of things.

Ignore him, Jimbo. Thebish doubtlessly spends all of his waking hours in the works issue 'cloth' anyway.

We stylish bastards were spending upwards of £40 on quality jumpers down at Man And His Clothes and/or Scholes and Scholes back in 84.

A bish is a man that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing etc. etc. :wink:

I don't know what the world is coming to - good Northern stock spending £60 on a pullover!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I don't know what the world is coming to - good Northern stock spending £60 on a pullover!!

Back in my day that's the only thing you nicked sheep for!!!!!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Hobinho wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Verbal wrote:nowt much.

exam results back = get the f*ck in.
You're angry about your exam results? What happened?
nah im not angry about them (quite the opposite, infact) but i expected to be!
Erm, congratulations?
Errrrr yeah well done.
:D

note to self: don't post when drunk.

But yes, cause for celebration :pissed:
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Thats £240 for a set of impromptu goal posts. You'll have to ask to the club to lend you Elmander to justify the price of 'em.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Ooohh - I see what you mean... proper shrunk that is... :wink:

LILYCOOL
Hopeful
Hopeful

Great

Post by LILYCOOL » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:52 am

:D
I love FASHION BOOTS MOST.
Fantasy is the destination. Logic is the journey.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Ooohh - I see what you mean... proper shrunk that is... :wink:

O M G I want one!!! :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/503 ... to_rocket/

So, we budget arount £70,000 to grit all the towns roads through winter!!!
Clearly along with the bin episode Cllr Ismail Ibrahim is quite clearly out of her depth yet again! Where was the rest of the money and investment you should have planned to keep roads open for buisiness nad schools?
Buying skips for women to throw their old underware in for "poor" nations? :shock:

Don't vote Labour or the state will well and truly screw you!

(Sits back and waits for William to arrive with his standard "Nanny" comment.)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Hobinho wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/503 ... to_rocket/

Clearly along with the bin episode Cllr Ismail Ibrahim is quite clearly out of her depth yet again! Where was the rest of the money and investment you should have planned to keep roads open for buisiness nad schools?
Buying skips for women to throw their old underware in for "poor" nations? :shock:

I think there must be somewhat more to this story than has been printed.

I fail to believe that the "budget" for gritting is 70K and knowing that public organisations usually budget by department rather than service, wonder where the number has originated from!

The increase of 30 gritting runs doesn't seem to explain the massive jump either.

And is it a pay or a non-pay budget?

Or am I missing something?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8544150.stm

I'm bloomin' livid about this, a blind decision made by empty suits to appease a-not-yet-elected Tory government that increasingly looks like it might never exist, and a commercial sector that thinks the Kaiser Chiefs best represent 'alternative'.

All those who support good music output on the radio, visit the links in my signature below.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Hobinho wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/503 ... to_rocket/

Councillor Ibrahim unlikely to be out of HER depth...

http://www.democracy.bolton.gov.uk/CMIS ... ersonID=54

But i take it as conclusive evidence that in hobo world even a bearded Asian man is your fantasy nanny...

This story doesn't add up... My suspicion is a zero missing on last years figure...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Look no further than management consultants hobo. Boton council (and most others) were enouraged to sell off snow plows/gritters because of the inherent inefficiency of keeping vehicles and resources that would be used for about a month every 3 years. Based on normal winters. And the real braindead idea was to borrow/lease were there to be a sudden snowfall. Where they were to borrow from after all the councils had rid themselves of these unneessary appendages wasn't made entirely clear. Freemarket thinking. F*cking brilliant.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Look no further than management consultants hobo. Boton council (and most others) were enouraged to sell off snow plows/gritters because of the inherent inefficiency of keeping vehicles and resources that would be used for about a month every 3 years. Based on normal winters. And the real braindead idea was to borrow/lease were there to be a sudden snowfall. Where they were to borrow from after all the councils had rid themselves of these unneessary appendages wasn't made entirely clear. Freemarket thinking. F*cking brilliant.
Actually I'd put that down to labour no brain thinking!