Android Apps - the anti iPhone thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Android Apps - the anti iPhone thread

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Seeing as we have the iPhone thread, figured we should have one for those of us with Android phones...

Got meself that barcode scanner app today. The one where you scan a barcode using your phone and it does price comparisons and reviews etc for you. Gonna go shopping next week and give it a try...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Faint hopes of an actual anti- apps thingy thread completely shattered.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun May 09, 2010 9:30 pm

gonna go the way of the PS3 thread, you know it is

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 09, 2010 9:33 pm

eventually you will all see it is superior...not that I use very many of them..

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm not sure why there seems to be some sort of competitiveness here. When people make threads about computer games and suchlike I just dip out as they're of no interest to me, but fair play to those to which they are - knock yourselves out.
Perhaps those of you that don't have iPhones can possibly afford those of us that do the similar common courtesy? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:gonna go the way of the PS3 thread, you know it is
:mrgreen: was just about to put that myself!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm not sure why there seems to be some sort of competitiveness here. When people make threads about computer games and suchlike I just dip out as they're of no interest to me, but fair play to those to which they are - knock yourselves out.
Perhaps those of you that don't have iPhones can possibly afford those of us that do the similar common courtesy? :conf:
Can we have a referendum on it? :twisted:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm not sure why there seems to be some sort of competitiveness here. When people make threads about computer games and suchlike I just dip out as they're of no interest to me, but fair play to those to which they are - knock yourselves out.
t'was a jokey way of starting a thread about Android. Not so many people may have any experience of them at the moment, but I think they will become quite big as a more affordable and flexible option to the iPhone (which is also a great bit of kit btw). I'm just glad there is a serious bit of competition now to hopefully prevent another Windows market domination...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
t'was a jokey way of starting a thread about Android. Not so many people may have any experience of them at the moment, but I think they will become quite big as a more affordable and flexible option to the iPhone (which is also a great bit of kit btw). I'm just glad there is a serious bit of competition now to hopefully prevent another Windows market domination...
To be honest, AT, I've never heard of this Android jobbie. However, I do know that our phone contract's up for grabs soon. Is that my turn coat I see hanging by the door? :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Well, I think we'll need first of all to obtain the support of those with Nokia 2010s :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Well, I think we'll need first of all to obtain the support of those with Nokia 2010s :wink:
:lol:

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Faint hopes of an actual anti- apps thingy thread completely shattered.
Seconded - pah!
Troll and proud of it.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote: To be honest, AT, I've never heard of this Android jobbie. However, I do know that our phone contract's up for grabs soon. Is that my turn coat I see hanging by the door? :wink:
Certainly worth checking out as a serious iPhone alternative. Android is Google's open source mobile OS. It has been around for a little while but is gaining momentum with more phones hitting the market. The new HTC ones just out are very good (battery life still not great though). It has it's own apps market, though not as mature as Apple's yet. There is Exchange support and various office type apps to do worky type stuff. Plenty of reviews on the tech sites if you're interested.

Only just got mine. So far I like but time will tell. I'll post more of my experience of the phone once I've had it for a while in case anyone is considering it...