The Madness of St Paul...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Alreet Pope. How are you? How's the Messiah these days man?
The life of Paul?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Then why write the story?
You need to ask that about the media?
Well its worked for you lot, so 1-0 to them I say.
and your sat on whose fence? the Popes or Gazza's?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 pm

It's not THAT unlikely though is it? He played in Rome, and the old pope was a massive football fan.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:It's not THAT unlikely though is it? He played in Rome, and the old pope was a massive football fan.
With imagination, anything's "possible" Pru. :wink:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

reminds me of this classic joke... (doctored)

Gazza was bragging to his mate Raoul one day, 'You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them.'

Tired of his boasting, Raoul called his bluff, 'OK, Gazza, how about Tom Cruise?'
'No dramas Moaty, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it.' So Gazza and Raoul fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door where Tom Cruise shouts, 'Gazza! What's happening? Great to see you! Come on in for a beer! Although impressed, Gazza's mate is still skeptical.

After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Gazza that he thinks him knowing Cruise was just lucky. 'No, no, just name anyone else,' Gazza says. ' Barak Obama,' Raoul quickly retorts. 'Yup,' Gazza says, 'Old buddies, let's fly out to Washington .' And off they go. At the White House, Barak spots Gazza on the tour and motions him and Raoul over, saying, Gazza, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up.' Well, Raoul is much shaken by now but still not totally convinced.

After they leave the White House grounds he expresses his doubts to Gazza, who again implores him to name anyone else. 'alright then, The Pope!' Raoul replies. 'Sure!' says Gazza. 'I've known the Pope for years.' So off they fly to Rome. Gazza and Raoul are assembled amongst the masses outside the Vatican when Gazza says, 'This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye with all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just gan upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope.'

He disappears into the crowd towards the Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later Gazza emerges on the balcony with his arm round the Pope waving to the crowd.

When Gazza returns he finds that Raoul has passed out and is lying on the floor surrounded by paramedics. Making his way to Raoul's side, Gazza asks him, 'Moaty, what happened like?' Raoul looks up and says, 'It was the final straw, Gazza - you and the Pope came out on the balcony and this bloke next to me turned round and said, 'Who the f*ck that on the balcony with Gazza?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:It's not THAT unlikely though is it? He played in Rome, and the old pope was a massive football fan.
Indeed, Prufrocko. A goalkeeper as I recall. One or two of the usual suspects on here gushing straight out with their nailed-on opinion whilst without holding the benefit of a single fact of the matter. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Indeed, Prufrocko. A goalkeeper as I recall. One or two of the usual suspects on here gushing straight out with their nailed-on opinion whilst without holding the benefit of a single fact of the matter. :roll:
So what you're saying is... I drive a car. I live quite near Stevenage. I should expect a call from Lewis Hamilton quite soon? :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
So what you're saying is... I drive a car. I live quite near Stevenage. I should expect a call from Lewis Hamilton quite soon? :mrgreen:
Well, first of all, that wouldn't be like you being the F1 driver receiving a call from an otherwise world famous enthusiast now, is it? However, if you said that you'd recieved such a call then I wouldn't call you an imbecile/nutter for having said so without me being able to prove anything either one way or t'other. :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well, first of all, that wouldn't be like you being the F1 driver receiving a call from an otherwise world famous enthusiast now, is it? However, if you said that you'd recieved such a call then I wouldn't call you an imbecile/nutter for having said so without me being able to prove anything either one way or t'other. :wink:
What if I turned up on Lewis's doorstep with a loaf of bread, some KFC, an Umbrella and a years subscription to Woman's Weekly? Or am I mixing analogies?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote: What if I turned up on Lewis's doorstep with a loaf of bread, some KFC, an Umbrella and a years subscription to Woman's Weekly? Or am I mixing analogies?
And with a call of "Hamiltony, it's me, Enfieldo"? That's probably why he learned to drive so fast. :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote: What if I turned up on Lewis's doorstep with a loaf of bread, some KFC, an Umbrella and a years subscription to Woman's Weekly? Or am I mixing analogies?
And with a call of "Hamiltony, it's me, Enfieldo"? That's probably why he learned to drive so fast. :wink:
:mrgreen: Oui.