Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:2. The now widespread use of the word "concerning" to replace "worrying". It's worrying.
Concerning this one, should I be saying "Worrying this one"?
no - because in this case you are using "concerning" to replace "regarding", not to replace "worrying"....

now you have reminded me how cross I was and sent me absquatulating into a darkened room....
But surely they're not the same anyhow. I would put concerning as need to have regard to, but worrying as something completely different. I actively have to worry about it...

Isn't concern a less aggressive/active/milder form or worry.
I am not saying I am right - just that it annoys me!!

I am happy with "I am concerned about Tango's taste in poetry." or "Matty Taylor's lack of pace concerns me." (though, even then, it sounds like I am saying it "involves" me - which it doesn't!)

what irritates me is the "ing" form of the word at the end of a sentence..

"Taylor's lack of pace is concerning" It kind of sounds unfinished... concerning what?? ahh - you mean "worrying"! 8)
worrying what?
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: Concerning this one, should I be saying "Worrying this one"?
no - because in this case you are using "concerning" to replace "regarding", not to replace "worrying"....

now you have reminded me how cross I was and sent me absquatulating into a darkened room....
But surely they're not the same anyhow. I would put concerning as need to have regard to, but worrying as something completely different. I actively have to worry about it...

Isn't concern a less aggressive/active/milder form or worry.
I am not saying I am right - just that it annoys me!!

I am happy with "I am concerned about Tango's taste in poetry." or "Matty Taylor's lack of pace concerns me." (though, even then, it sounds like I am saying it "involves" me - which it doesn't!)

what irritates me is the "ing" form of the word at the end of a sentence..

"Taylor's lack of pace is concerning" It kind of sounds unfinished... concerning what?? ahh - you mean "worrying"! 8)
worrying what?
8)

now sod off and be annoyed about something!

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 am

I just did a turn and the red light went just before I made the turn.
I might have gotten Flash and therfore a fine and demerit points.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

IMPATIENT IDIOT

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Red Light Camera - Bentleigh East Eastbound
Cnr Centre Road & Warrigal Highway
Bentleigh East
Hopefully not :D :negative: :drink: :vomit:

(Although I was told a new 'special' one was put in there) :| :cry:

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 am

Angry about today's date Friday 13th....

1. Alarm clock re-set itself during the night (must have been a power surge or power cut)
2. Only 1/2 the trains running because of a broken down train
3. New roadworks meaning that the bus from the station to work went a completely different route and missed out my stop
4. ATM swallowed my card

what next today?

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:35 pm

The EA Sports logo being advertised whernever there's stats on Premier League games this Season.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Someone needs to be sacked for this revenue making decision

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:47 pm

fecking sweetcorn. in my sandwich, the diiiiiiiirty bastards!!!

i hate sweetcorn, Jolly green giant wanker gonna get a kick in the goolies when i see him!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Advice to thieves everywhere: escape on a motorbike without a helmet, and it will then be too dangerous for police to pursue you.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-10984311
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:41 am

Taped Live coverage of MANU - NUFC............ IT FAILED.

*****!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am

2399 wrote:Taped Live coverage of MANU - NUFC............ IT FAILED.

*****!
You really do have all the problems of the world on your shoulders don't you mate? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Ignorant bastards in car parks, had my car under 2 weeks, when i got it not a mark now some nice person has doored/Trolleyed it, complete cnuts!

I always make sure i don't mark anyone elses car why can't others!
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Raven wrote:Ignorant bastards in car parks, had my car under 2 weeks, when i got it not a mark now some tw*t has doored/Trolleyed it, complete cnuts!

Happens all the time. Usually 3-door twunts who underestimate the size of their doors. TWUNTS!!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Raven wrote:Ignorant bastards in car parks, had my car under 2 weeks, when i got it not a mark now some tw*t has doored/Trolleyed it, complete cnuts!

Happens all the time. Usually 3-door twunts who underestimate the size of their doors. TWUNTS!!!!
Its almost always as a complete and utter rule folk in 4x4's.

Or people carriers.

Bastards the lot of em!

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:34 pm

bell ends from the office upstairs coming and nicking the milk, then going to the shop and buying 8 pints for upstairs and feck all for us! motherfunkies!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Waspies...nasty bastards, one landed on my head, did not know what it was an brushed it off and little fecker stung me on the hand...did not get me that bad as was not too sore.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Put bi-carb on it.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 am

InsaneApache wrote:Put bi-carb on it.
It's probably flown off by now. :wink:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:36 pm

No its dead, what does BiCarb do reincarnate it? :) I had bite stuff in the car so had it sorted ..

Another beastie this time but bigger a huge feck off spider at home, never seen one so big, I could hear it walking across the laminate floor, fecking think took two wacks with a walking stick (that was as close as i would get to one) to kill it - sorry spider lovers afraid my fear of them does not allow me to get that near (only really applies to house spiders) and afterall i did not invite it in!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:06 pm

:whack: While I'm on one........I'm feckin' angry about wheelchairs, crutches, tablets, p****ng in a bottle, not being able to put my own pants/socks on and the Bastards won't even give me a blue badge................

Apologies to any genuine disabled people out there. I'm just having a feel sorry for meself day....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Il Pirate wrote::whack: While I'm on one........I'm feckin' angry about wheelchairs, crutches, tablets, p****ng in a bottle, not being able to put my own pants/socks on and the Bastards won't even give me a blue badge................

Apologies to any genuine disabled people out there. I'm just having a feel sorry for meself day....
Look on the bright side, with that list of ailments, at least West Ham haven't put a bid in for you yet. :)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:32 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-11040378

If you don't like it, fcuk off
I'm a black man and I have been tried by a white jury. It's pretty clear what happened in that court and it's the opposite of justice”