What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 am

Started mooching through the highlights of Leeds/Reading. Had to start with Frank. Starts slowly, and his voice seemed off at first, but then smashed it out the park. I utterly adore that man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/re ... ankturner/
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:30 pm

^^ That, again. Along with the Biffy highlights, Gaslight anthem, and the Libertines back together.

Had Frank's new song on again and again, tis awesome. Who'd have though that something as simple as rock and roll would save us all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxwSK6V9lUw

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm

This weekend I've mostly been listening to Las Venus Resort Palace Hotel by Cibelle. Great stuff, particularly as it features a 40th anniversary cover of Kermit's Bein' Green.

Just had it on again to accompany the Edinburgh fireworks. The choreography with the track called Sad Piano was simply stunning.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Loving Gaslight Anthem at the mo

Mainly listening to Muse and more Muse. Got Klaxons album, that's not really had a look in. Brandon Flowers album out tomorrow but beyond that everything's waiting for the next Interpol album

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm

We are the same - The Tragically Hip.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:We are the same - The Tragically Hip.
A guy I used to work with raved about these guys. 'Canada's best kept secret' Absolutely massive that side of the pond. Nothing here. Strange. I can take 'em or leave 'em meself.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
A guy I used to work with raved about these guys. 'Canada's best kept secret' Absolutely massive that side of the pond. Nothing here. Strange. I can take 'em or leave 'em meself.
One of my all-time favourite bands. Fully Completely is one of the best albums that I've ever heard, and that I still enjoy listening to today every bit as much as when I first heard it nearly 20 years ago.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 am

Listening to Two Door Cinema Club at the moment - superb.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:26 am

A dub event tonight with Blood And Fire's Select Cuts Volume 1 and then their King Tubby collection Dub Gone Crazy. Could have done with a splash of rum to go with it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

went to see MUSE at wemberley on Saturday...

first - the support bands.. White Lies and I Am Arrows - meh - not dire - but not memorable..

Biffy Clyro... like being yelled at by a Dulux-dog for half an hour!!

I have to admit to a slight sense of not-real-sellout-corporate-plasticness with huge look-at-me Stadium Concerts (especially with bands like MUSE whose lyrics do seem to hint that they are on the side of the little guy and sticking it to the Man...)

BUT...

MUSE do put on a pretty loud and spectacular audio-visual experience... PLUS - they CAN PLAY - their live sound is not utterly at odds with their recorded sound - Bellamy is musically VERY talented...

they played for over two hours pretty much non-stop - I don't know how the drummer keeps it up..

the set was very weirdy-looking for the support acts - like a corner office block in 1970s Luton - but when MUSE arrived - it sprang to life with a dazzling array of video and visual effects to encase the sound

some of it was a step too far - an alien ship floating around the stadium with trapeze-artist alien dangling below it... scissor jack section of stage that they used twice.... for no apparent reason!!

one thing I did like though was they came down the catwalk bit - and usually the drummer gets left behind - but they had set him up a smaller (presumably digital) drum kit down the catwalk so they could all-three venture into the crowd..

but... not starting off as a huge MUSE fan - I have to say it was a cracking night out - massively impressive and on occasions spine-tingling - glad I did it....

(plus - kept the missus very happy! 8) )

a slightly anorak plus - getting away from Wembley (tens of thousands of people all converging on Wembley Park tube station) was smoother than smooth - walking from the stadium in a huge marathon like stream of people - we never actually stopped once between getting out of the stadium and stepping on to a train... which meant we actually caught the last train home from Fenchurch Street (12:40) - and I had doubted we'd get anywhere near....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
One of my all-time favourite bands. Fully Completely is one of the best albums that I've ever heard, and that I still enjoy listening to today every bit as much as when I first heard it nearly 20 years ago.

The Tragically Hip? what music do they play then :conf: if it ain't rock or classical its no good!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Interpol's new album

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Lloyd Cole - Broken Record.

My word, what a fine return to form. A bit like Easy Pieces era Commotions but with a slight country tinge here and there. Rolling Stone Album of the Month, no less. Improves with every listen too. Superb.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Manics, inspired by last nights appearance on the best music show around - Later

Here with Bunnyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMzLIej-0ck

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:47 pm

A free 5 track sampler from the soundtrack to David Fincher's new film about facebook.

'ere:

http://www.nullco.com/TSN/

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:52 pm

the la's. Lee Mavers is a lost genius

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I am Kloot's new one at the mo. Superb! Going watching them at Wedgewood rooms pompey on sun night; first gig of the tour. That following a win over DMB's should make for a feckin' great sunday. If you like Kloot, ( I know you do Bruce),check out Johnny on bbc i player glasto highlights singing Northern Skies accoustic, with two violin players. It's near the end so pull the slider bar over and miss all that florence & machine sh*te etc.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Lloyd Cole - Broken Record.

My word, what a fine return to form. A bit like Easy Pieces era Commotions but with a slight country tinge here and there. Rolling Stone Album of the Month, no less. Improves with every listen too. Superb.
Just had a couple of hours in the car

Lloyd Cole going and Cherry Ghost coming back

Couldn't fault it

Later, I've got OMDs new one...I'll be diggin' me Patrick cagoule out at this rate
Sto ut Serviam

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Il Pirate wrote:I am Kloot's new one at the mo. Superb! Going watching them at Wedgewood rooms pompey on sun night; first gig of the tour. That following a win over DMB's should make for a feckin' great sunday. If you like Kloot, ( I know you do Bruce),check out Johnny on bbc i player glasto highlights singing Northern Skies accoustic, with two violin players. It's near the end so pull the slider bar over and miss all that florence & machine sh*te etc.
I went to their Glasto set and it was magnificent. With Chsristopher Eccleston and Simon Armitage in the crowd as well!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Il Pirate wrote:I am Kloot's new one at the mo. Superb! If you like Kloot, ( I know you do Bruce)
The only things that have seen Sky At Night remain wrapped in its cellophane all week is that I'm struggling to turn off either...
CAPSLOCK wrote:Just had a couple of hours in the car
Lloyd Cole going and Cherry Ghost coming back
Although I've got LC on at home and CG on in the car.

Just listening to it for my first listen, Pirate. Bloody fantastic. :D