Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I got a train to Cheltenham a few weeks ago. The train pulled out of Manchester, on its way to its next stop of Crewe. Without warning we stopped in Wilmslow, were told to get off the train. The staff stood around not knowing what was going on for about 15 mins. Then, they got back on the train, the doors closed, and they drove off. A train full of people were left on a platform in Wilmslow with no idea what was going on, and one poor bastard ticket guy for Wilmslow with about 150 angry folk.
Did you get an explanation?

I used to work at the Airport. The train from Piccadilly was ALWAYS late.. in the end, they just started cancelling them. One after another. Literally no trains for about 2 hours. I phoned a few times and finally got a reason. Basically they get hefty fines for being late in 5 minute blocks. (If it's 6 mins late, they'd get fined for 10mins). They said it was cheaper to cancel them if they were over 11 minutes late as the fine wasn't as severe.

Absolutely disgraceful.
Hang on, this is news to me. They fine the train companies for being late and cancellations? I take it the money is passed onto the passengers by way of compensation seeing as they're the ones inconvenienced...
Businesswoman of the year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I got a train to Cheltenham a few weeks ago. The train pulled out of Manchester, on its way to its next stop of Crewe. Without warning we stopped in Wilmslow, were told to get off the train. The staff stood around not knowing what was going on for about 15 mins. Then, they got back on the train, the doors closed, and they drove off. A train full of people were left on a platform in Wilmslow with no idea what was going on, and one poor bastard ticket guy for Wilmslow with about 150 angry folk.

I used to work at the Airport. The train from Piccadilly was ALWAYS late.. in the end, they just started cancelling them. One after another. Literally no trains for about 2 hours. I phoned a few times and finally got a reason. Basically they get hefty fines for being late in 5 minute blocks. (If it's 6 mins late, they'd get fined for 10mins). They said it was cheaper to cancel them if they were over 11 minutes late as the fine wasn't as severe.

Absolutely disgraceful.
Hang on, this is news to me. They fine the train companies for being late and cancellations? I take it the money is passed onto the passengers by way of compensation seeing as they're the ones inconvenienced...
I'd imagine it'd go the other way. The train companies would charge you more to reduce the defecit for their shit punctuality
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful.
Jesus fuc king Christ :doh:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful.
Just to push this simmering pot onto a rolling boil, did you know that the British Government now hands higher subsidies to the private rail companies than they ever did when the system was nationalised?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

people in shops.

1. NO - getting your toddler to press the buttons on the card machine and pack your bags as he counts things in - does NOT entertain the rest of us!

2. If you are 87yrs old - rather than buy the wrong batteries and then come back in the afternoon for a 58p refund (Aldi batteries!!!), why not simply buy the right ones?? then - you would feel the need to come back and insist on a refund at a crowded till with a cashier who is just being trained and doesn't know his arse from his tit - the rest of us won't have to wait an extra 20mins.

also...

wanky smoking 4x4 drivers...

parked up on the shoulder of a huge 4x4 today waiting for the lights to change - and the driver (in mirrored sunglasses) flicks his (still burning) cigarette butt out of his window and straight into my helmet through the open visor...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 pm

thebish wrote:people in shops.

1. NO - getting your toddler to press the buttons on the card machine and pack your bags as he counts things in - does NOT entertain the rest of us!

2. If you are 87yrs old - rather than buy the wrong batteries and then come back in the afternoon for a 58p refund (Aldi batteries!!!), why not simply buy the right ones?? then - you would feel the need to come back and insist on a refund at a crowded till with a cashier who is just being trained and doesn't know his arse from his tit - the rest of us won't have to wait an extra 20mins.

also...

parked up on the shoulder of a huge 4x4 today waiting for the lights to change - and the driver (in mirrored sunglasses) flicks his (still burning) cigarette butt out of his window and straight into my helmet through the open visor...

Ha Ha Ha! That's awful but I did just burst out laughing!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

also...

:D fortunately I was saved from dreadful scarring by my luxuriant beard...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:22 pm

I'd have been tempted to key the entire length of one side of his car.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'd have been tempted to key the entire length of one side of his car.
Keying a car......can be quite satisfying.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 pm

New PAYE Coding. K103, the bastards. I thought we were meant to spending less, not squeezing more out of the taxpayer. I'm voting Greens next time. c*nts! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

also...

You've not still got that?! :shock:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:New PAYE Coding. K103, the bastards. I thought we were meant to spending less, not squeezing more out of the taxpayer. I'm voting Greens next time. c*nts! :(
Doesn't K mean you've underpaid?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:New PAYE Coding. K103, the bastards. I thought we were meant to spending less, not squeezing more out of the taxpayer. I'm voting Greens next time. c*nts! :(
Doesn't K mean you've underpaid?
No, it means I've got a negative tax code (although I can see that people who have underpaid would end up with one).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 pm

thebish wrote: :D fortunately I was saved from dreadful scarring by my luxuriant beard...
Good job that this docker didn't land on your head then, eh Bish? :P

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
I grew it back by popular request....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote: :D fortunately I was saved from dreadful scarring by my luxuriant beard...
hmmm.... :whack: that would have been fine as I had my helmet on!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
I grew it back by popular request....
I like you better without it! Guess i'm in a minority!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:59 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
How would we tell? ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
How would we tell? ;)
hmmm... good point! 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:59 am

Does anyone on here understand mechanic-speak? I've had to take my car in because it's clearly poorly. They've just rang to inform me that I've 'blown the turbo'. Oh, have I indeed? Thank you very much for that. What the feck are you talking about? :conf: