Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Machines at most banks? Really? I rarely if ever go in. Last time I wanted to do it the miserable Spanis...... my bank said I'd have to put it all in little envelopes and could only bring in two bags a day! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Anway, I'm cheery now because I've just been informed that on Monday I'll be playing on Portmarnock Golf Club :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm

have just spent 5mins popping half a sheet of extra-large bubble wrap... am saving the rest for later! 8)

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Machines at most banks? Really? I rarely if ever go in. Last time I wanted to do it the miserable Spanis...... my bank said I'd have to put it all in little envelopes and could only bring in two bags a day! :(
I'm guessing that'd be NatWest then. They've got their own special rules, rules that are bespoke to each and every customer, designed to piss you off in a unique and personal way.
[My special rule was that, despite them telling me they wouldn't time after time, charging me the day before my wage was due in the bank, interest on the overdraft I wouldn't have had if they hadn't have charged me interest the day before my wages were due in the month before. And then charging me for the letter that told me they wouldn't do that, each and every time they did.]
I was sooooooo happy the day I sacked them off.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Anway, I'm cheery now because I've just been informed that on Monday I'll be playing on Portmarnock Golf Club :D
Git.

I actually worked out that Barack Obama has played more golf than I have in the last two years...

:cry:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:12 pm

The Axman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Machines at most banks? Really? I rarely if ever go in. Last time I wanted to do it the miserable Spanis...... my bank said I'd have to put it all in little envelopes and could only bring in two bags a day! :(
I'm guessing that'd be NatWest then. They've got their own special rules, rules that are bespoke to each and every customer, designed to piss you off in a unique and personal way.
[My special rule was that, despite them telling me they wouldn't time after time, charging me the day before my wage was due in the bank, interest on the overdraft I wouldn't have had if they hadn't have charged me interest the day before my wages were due in the month before. And then charging me for the letter that told me they wouldn't do that, each and every time they did.]
Nat West have them. Aren't all banks as bad as each other anyway?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
The Axman wrote:

Mine's ok. Do all what I need to do online.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:15 pm

The Axman wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Took all the loose change that I throw into an ice bucket when changing my trousers down to one of those money sorty outy jobbies at the supermarket, and I'm now £200 better off than I thought I was :D (though they do charge you 9% for doing it).
You do realise that you can pay your shedload of loose coins straight into the machines at most banks these days, don't you? They don't rip you off with commission on it either.
:shock: You paid them £18 to be given £200 which was yours anyway? :shock:

Reminds me of the time I threw some change into a busker's hat and he called me back to point out I'd thrown a Euro coin in there as well. I almost felt myself about to apologise and then somehow heroically stopped myself from strangling the plank.
It's worse than that. He actually gave them £20 if he ended up with £200. You need to put this in the angry thread now Bruce. :D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
The Axman wrote:

Which slot do you feed the coins in? :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
The Axman wrote:

Which slot do you feed the coins in? :wink:
The wife's
Last edited by Annoyed Grunt on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm

The Axman wrote:
[My special rule was that, despite them telling me they wouldn't time after time, charging me the day before my wage was due in the bank,/ interest on the overdraft I wouldn't have had if they hadn't have charged me interest the day before my wages were due in the month before. And then charging me for the letter that told me they wouldn't do that, each and every time they did.]

Santander, Chief. Exactly the same happened to me on the one and only time I've been overdrawn a couple of years ago. Hit me with a whole list of things and applied them the very day before the next months salary was due in thus repeating the whole cycle. They were ace when it was Abbey. Thing is, they know full well that you're more likely to change your partner than you are your bank. Bastards.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Thing is, they know full well that you're more likely to change your partner than you are your bank. Bastards.
Hmmm not sure about this, if you change partner, I'd advocate changing your bank at the same time, every time. Just in case anyone's stupid enough to think they might in someway be entitled to what's in there. And then occasion across some fecking dumbass law that backs them up. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
It's worse than that. He actually gave them £20 if he ended up with £200. You need to put this in the angry thread now Bruce. :D
Should anyone ever open a 'Hmmm, I've just gone a bit red here' thread - I'm on it :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 am

TTID wrote:I don't actually own a pair of trainers although I did once have a couple of pairs of Vans.

I suppose my favourite footwear are my limited edition vintage DMs (1460 pairs made) that were about 175 quid.

I remember the days when they were a working boot not a designer accessory - times change!
Aye back in the day when work boots cost £175...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:12 am

Happy That Bolton's must win against Vehla is on Live!

I had to ask though.

It will be on Viewers Choice so I will have to be up and awake by 6:30AM next Wednesday! :pray:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Three day weekend. Get in!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Three day weekend. Get in!
I can see your three day weekend, Sir, and raise you a further two :mrgreen:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
nice people!!!

The pair of you.

:)

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
tw*ts!!!

The pair of you.

:)
I have 7 straight weeks of 4 day weekends. This one is my 3rd. It's ace. I'm spending the last one in Milan. In the game of weekend poker, I think I have the straight flush.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Well yes, but she had a wide variety of sort leather soled ones before that...
so.... why has Jessie got more shoes than Jack? (presumably she did BEFORE she stared walking??)
Bought Jack some shoes today Bish - are you happy now?! ;)