The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 pm

thebish wrote:Image
:oyea:

The misses would get on with him, she was all up for getting out of the car and having a go at the 20 car queue that was delaying us in St Neots last night... bloody idiots
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Dwight Schrute
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Dwight Schrute » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 pm

oh the banter

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:Worthy the only flaw you and a lot of others have with taxing banks etc is the notion they would suddenly drop all the business they do in the UK and sod off abroad and forget that waiting in the wings will be some of their competitors or other folk like Branson etc who would love that "hole" to appear. There is a lot of money to be made in the UK for the banks and they squeal like stuck pigs with every bit of legislation, but still they trade on!
Indeed - which is why I said any tax increase on them would only br marginal. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:another 3 pages of smoke and mirrors
the rich and privileged like us going around in circles on things like this coz it deflects our attention from the basic facts that
# "Trickle down" economics is, and always was, a load of bollox. Brain drain my arse- chinless wonders couldn't cut it without the old school tie
# "Rolling back the state" = allowing the rich to keep their hands firmly in the pockets of the less rich while nobody spots them doing so
# the utter devastation of our industrial base has led to us being unable to organise our economy along mercantilist lines - we cannot balance our trade a la Germany so rely on being the centre of the financial world - a world which involves selling barrowloads of nothing to other people who buy it on the idea that it will go up in value
So your really well thought out plan to solve all this is still "let's tax a small group of people at 70%?"

Stunning.

Let the good times roll, already.

Oh and don't believe that chinless wonders don't get regular job offers from other countries. :-)
Where you off to Worthy?
I've met Worthy. He actually has a chin to spare. :mrgreen:
Well, of all the cheek! :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:51 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Just as an FYI, you don't pay more than 50% tax until you're somewhere between £3m and £4m per year so I think that the contention mummy makes that paying 50% of everything you earn to the state isn't quite right in the context it was given - it's on everything you earn over £150k. You pay a overall tax rate of 39% on £151,000 and about 40% on £200,000.
Thanks, but I was talking about marginal income (and associated effort), not the whole.

Interesting number though - is that the amount at which someone pays 50% of everything earned in tax, when NI is taken into account?

Yes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

George Galloway, the vainglorious c*nt, has had an open-topped bus ride around Bradford like he's just won the World Cup.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:George Galloway, the vainglorious c*nt, has had an open-topped bus ride around Bradford like he's just won the World Cup.
I salute his indefatigability :wink:

Love him or loathe him, it's an incredible victory that gave all 3 main parties a serious kicking.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:another 3 pages of smoke and mirrors
the rich and privileged like us going around in circles on things like this coz it deflects our attention from the basic facts that
# "Trickle down" economics is, and always was, a load of bollox. Brain drain my arse- chinless wonders couldn't cut it without the old school tie
# "Rolling back the state" = allowing the rich to keep their hands firmly in the pockets of the less rich while nobody spots them doing so
# the utter devastation of our industrial base has led to us being unable to organise our economy along mercantilist lines - we cannot balance our trade a la Germany so rely on being the centre of the financial world - a world which involves selling barrowloads of nothing to other people who buy it on the idea that it will go up in value
So your really well thought out plan to solve all this is still "let's tax a small group of people at 70%?"

Stunning.

Let the good times roll, already.

Oh and don't believe that chinless wonders don't get regular job offers from other countries. :-)
hell no- only the start add:
nationalise all means of production
guarantee work or training for all over the age of 18
round the clock childcare for all women who wish to stay in their career. adequate family benefit for those who wish to stay at home to bring up families
abolish the Anglo Norman anachronism that is the Monarchy and HOL.
leave the EC
commit to a carbon free economy by 2025 and invest heavily in new technologies that can make it happen
export said technologies
withdraw immediately from foreign entanglements and leave NATO.
PLUS a lot more .... but i imagine you've caught my drift
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: guarantee work or training for all over the age of 18
How you going to do that then? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

dunno if non-facebookees will be able to see this... but - hey - made me smile!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/National- ... 7607840980

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Obviously not if you're an Al Qaeda operative. As it may just defeat the object of whats trying to be achieved.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Obviously not if you're an Al Qaeda operative. As it may just defeat the object of whats trying to be achieved.

or... if you ARE an Al Qaeda operative - just send emails on that particular day about viruses that will BURN YOUR WHOLE C-DRIVE AND DESTROY WINDOWS - THIS IS CONFIRMED BY NORTON AND THERE IS NO CURE...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17661011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How did this bloke ever get to be Chancellor? He's apparently shocked at the millionaires that pay an average rate of 10% income tax. I've never been particularly close to HMRC, but I'm not shocked, not one little bit. Pissed that they get away with it, yes, shocked, no.

If stuff like this comes as a shock to him, god help us when there's something that sneaks up out of back-field.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17661011

How did this bloke ever get to be Chancellor? He's apparently shocked at the millionaires that pay an average rate of 10% income tax. I've never been particularly close to HMRC, but I'm not shocked, not one little bit. Pissed that they get away with it, yes, shocked, no.

If stuff like this comes as a shock to him, god help us when there's something that sneaks up out of back-field.

psstttt... he's not REALLY shocked! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17661011

psstttt... he's not REALLY shocked! :wink:
Ok, how can we have a bloke that tells whopping lies, running the country's finances? :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 am

Its "mock shock" at its best.

"I'm really wery wery angwy that these wich people are not paying tax, wery wery angwy. I'm going to do something. But I'm not going to tell you (because then I'd have to make these people pay their wax which I've no intention of doing, pass me the caviar please tarquin) guffaw guffaw"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Its "mock shock" at its best.

"I'm really wery wery angwy that these wich people are not paying tax, wery wery angwy. I'm going to do something. But I'm not going to tell you (because then I'd have to make these people pay their wax which I've no intention of doing, pass me the caviar please tarquin) guffaw guffaw"
Dear me. :roll:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

"Wax" for "Tax"? That's shite, that is.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:"Wax" for "Tax"? That's shite, that is.
I've tried it - they certainly don't accept wax...

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm

thebish wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:"Wax" for "Tax"? That's shite, that is.
I've tried it - they certainly don't accept wax...

Indeed, and neither should we. :oyea:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!