What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Watchdog. That immensely annoying do-goody nice person is on it again that was on something last night telling us all that those of us that lunch at our desks are about to boil in hell, the utter c*nt! :whack:
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 pm

BBC4 again offering the most interesting... Good hour on Art Nouveau with great concentration on Britain as founder of the now-extinct movement. Excellent on Beardsley - he was so good - and led us nicely through William Morris to Mackintosh and Mcdonald with a nice hint on their influence on Klimt... to be dealt with next week...

Followed by David Attenborough with yet another chirpy defence of the great scientist couched in the anti-god mode he likes so much... (and I do too)...

Obviously, sometime soon, a major channel will broadcast something interesting...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 am

Is Klimt the Austrian guy they are having a big shindig for in Vienna this year? 150 years since his birth maybe?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:Is Klimt the Austrian guy they are having a big shindig for in Vienna this year? 150 years since his birth maybe?
Indeed...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Family Movie Night tonigt.......and the lad has opted for..............Yogi Bear :doh:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Family Movie Night tonigt.......and the lad has opted for..............Yogi Bear :doh:
oh dear! :lol:

worst one my older boys had to endure when my daughter was much younger and it was her turn to choose - was "Racing Stripes" - summat about cartoon racing zebras I think - but I have blotted most of it from my memory!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Yogi Bear......Oh. Dear. God!!!!!

Made somewhat bear-able by Anna Faris (although her lips are odd)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Yogi Bear......Oh. Dear. God!!!!!

Just been out to see Pirates (Aardman) - great fun! put it on your family film night list!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 pm

thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Yogi Bear......Oh. Dear. God!!!!!

Just been out to see Pirates (Aardman) - great fun! put it on your family film night list!
Seen the ads for it....already earmarked.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:17 pm

William the White wrote:Watched BBC4 on Venice (again)... I've never been, I must do it... And then on Flinders Petrie, great name, the man who 'discovered' Egypt... Who turned out to be a brill archaeologist and another 'intellectual' fooled by the phony science of eugenics.

BBC4 once more preventing me deciding on the next book... Great channel...
Bill, honestly, no-matter where else you visit GO, GO, GO, GO, GO to Venice.

It's just other Worldly. Magnificent. You will adore it.

It can be cheap to get to, reasonable to stay in if you play your cards right (ask me) and, so long as you avoid the tourist traps, similar to here for eats.

I can't possibly do it justice, just go.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:Watched BBC4 on Venice (again)... I've never been, I must do it... And then on Flinders Petrie, great name, the man who 'discovered' Egypt... Who turned out to be a brill archaeologist and another 'intellectual' fooled by the phony science of eugenics.

It can be cheap to get to, reasonable to stay in if you play your cards right (ask me) and, so long as you avoid the tourist traps, similar to here for eats.

Could not agree more. An absolutely magical place that deserves a 3 or 4 night stay as a minimum. A cultured chap like you William, will love it.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Match of the Day. :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Love Hall Pass on sky, saw it at the flicks, saw a dowwnload of it and watched it again last night. its wierd, i know its shit, but i still love it. cracks me up.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Love Hall Pass on sky, saw it at the flicks, saw a dowwnload of it and watched it again last night. its wierd, i know its shit, but i still love it. cracks me up.
Watching it now....it's shit.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Love Hall Pass on sky, saw it at the flicks, saw a dowwnload of it and watched it again last night. its wierd, i know its shit, but i still love it. cracks me up.
Watching it now....it's shit.
yeah stick with it, gets better when they get their hall pass... and Leon is in it!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Hahahaha, she sneezed and shit on the wall.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Very shortly... MotD :D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Interesting... I love Italy but have never been to Venice and it's never really appealed that much... From afar, it looks a bit like an overgrown Disneyland that I imagine to be overrun by tourists, with all that comes with that. Just not part of my Dolce Vita fantasy...

I went back to Rome recently for the first time since I started having Italian lessons in November and it remains my favourite city... I'd love to live there for a bit to test whether the novelty value would wear off eventually.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Interesting... I love Italy but have never been to Venice and it's never really appealed that much... From afar, it looks a bit like an overgrown Disneyland that I imagine to be overrun by tourists, with all that comes with that. Just not part of my Dolce Vita fantasy...

I went back to Rome recently for the first time since I started having Italian lessons in November and it remains my favourite city... I'd love to live there for a bit to test whether the novelty value would wear off eventually.
Ive always maintained Rome as my favourite city too! and i share your reservation about Venice, and having been there i found it exactly like that. just millions of the white socks & sandals brigade pointing cameras and following guides. Pisa was the same, impressive as they are, i wouldnt recommend anything but a day trip to either from a more exciting city, but i wouldnt return to either. when i visit a city, i need to wander off the beaten track and explore, eat/drink where the natives hang out, most places have these areas, venice didnt (for me) but Rome, also with its fair share of camera pointers, has them in abundance.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:06 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

It is overrun by tourists (in parts), but that's because there's good reason to want to visit it. But, there's a fair amount off the beaten track. Last time I went, we had about 10 mins in St Marks, just for a quick peek again, then went off round the less populated areas.

Edit: Agree with the General, that you probably wouldn't want to stay a week...a day or maybe an overnighter..