The Olympics

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

Re: The Olympics

Post by keveh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 pm

For anybody who wants to console Victoria Pendleton, you'll have to meet these standards:

:nws:
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/arti ... dleton.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just seen the Ogogo fight, he showed true grit and determination and a bit of class thrown in as well. No doubt that the crowd got him through that and his reaction was priceless.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

I just spotted this on t'official site
Mary King, riding our owner Eddie Davies' horse Imperial Cavalier, was part of the GB Olympic Team Eventing side that won silver on Tuesday morning.
Who'd a thunked it?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:36 am

keveh wrote:For anybody who wants to console Victoria Pendleton, you'll have to meet these standards:

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/arti ... dleton.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just seen the Ogogo fight, he showed true grit and determination and a bit of class thrown in as well. No doubt that the crowd got him through that and his reaction was priceless.
what sort of wheel is that ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am

bobo the clown wrote:
keveh wrote:For anybody who wants to console Victoria Pendleton, you'll have to meet these standards:

Its a bloke or that Jorden's ex rival who name slips by

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:I just spotted this on t'official site
Mary King, riding our owner Eddie Davies' horse Imperial Cavalier, was part of the GB Olympic Team Eventing side that won silver on Tuesday morning.
Who'd a thunked it?

was it a cart horse? and was it wearing a tiara??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 am

Hoboh wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Its a bloke or that Jorden's ex rival who name slips by
:crazy: You really are getting crazier by the day!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 am

The Chinese girl swimming in the finals today is expected to smash the world record by 10 seconds. Chee Ting nice person said that she's very optimistic.

:D
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 am

where's all the frothing moral outrage over Hindes deliberately coming off his bike because he had a bad start and wanted to manufacture a restart...

one law for foreign badminton shuttlecockers - another for british cyclists??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am

thebish wrote:where's all the frothing moral outrage over Hindes deliberately coming off his bike because he had a bad start and wanted to manufacture a restart...

It was lost in translation....

Clearly "I crashed in order to get a restart so we could go faster" in germanic English really means "I did everything I could to stay on the bike, but I just couldn't control it. Everything was completely above board old chap".

:wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:where's all the frothing moral outrage over Hindes deliberately coming off his bike because he had a bad start and wanted to manufacture a restart...

It was lost in translation....

Clearly "I crashed in order to get a restart so we could go faster" in germanic English really means "I did everything I could to stay on the bike, but I just couldn't control it. Everything was completely above board old chap".

:wink:
indeed - they should be stripped of the gold and thrown out of the olympics, surely?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 am

I'm not sure we've heard the last of this one, Bish. I'm no expert or owt, but I believe that that whole one x restart thing is specifically there to cover mechanical failure. A precedent has been set, I feel, with the disqualification of the shuttlecockers who themselves hadn't actually broke any rules. Could be interesting. When Hindes gave his interview my first reaction was one of gobsmacktedness (It looked to me as though his handlebars had actually collapsed), then of cringeworthiness, then to one of - then you've cheated, oo err.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 am

Anyone else see Jessica Ennis in the 110m hurdles just now? Was expected to finish second, they said it's better to finish second with a fast time than win in a slow time. Stormed it and broke all kinds of records. One event out of seven, first place overall.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:19 am

DRUGS CHEAT!

Well, if the Chinese athletes are faster than expected, they're automatically branded cheats.. So...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Knock yerself out. Take a page or two if you want. :D

Can't be doin with all these cheating bloody Krauts.

I've given you a start! :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 pm

GOLD

Brilliant rowing int' double sculls by Katherine Grainger and Anna Watkins. One length ahead of the Aussies who were an eon ahead of the Poles in third.

They looked as though they were simply breathing a little deeper than they might in conversation. :shock:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Which Olympic athlete are you??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently, my height and body weight are the same as some mexican swimmer called Voight.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Good grief, theres a japenese gymnast that weighs 4 stone 10!!!! Thats unhealthy surely? I'd be asking some serious questions if i was officiating that - i know gymnasts are supposed to be small and light but that doesn't seem right to me.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 pm

She's probably 9
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Strange stories surrounding Phillips Idowu - where the feck is he?!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

He's probably the worlds best triple jumper Mummy, and a Brit.
Last edited by Gooner Girl on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.