The Official Strictly Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official Strictly Thread.

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just read that Michael Vaughan claims that the Nicky/Westlife fella carries a mirror about in his pocket and is always looking at it and asking people "Do I look okay?" Nicky out..

Think that was said in jest, on the Saturday night show.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Sid & Ola to get the boot.
No big surpise. That Ghostbuster routine was pretty awful. Tough her mother took ill and she had to fly home mid-week leaving him with a substitute partner. Any one of Fern, Sid, Richard or Colin was always in danger. Think it was the right call for the Sid fella to go out. Michael Vaughan was the star of the night on Saturday for his improvement. Well done that man.
Pretty much agree with you Tango. The only good thing about the Ghostbusters routine was Ola's arse.....lovely.
I refuse to watch it now that Ola is out. The sight of her arse and cleavage was the highlight of weekend telly for me. :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just read that Michael Vaughan claims that the Nicky/Westlife fella carries a mirror about in his pocket and is always looking at it and asking people "Do I look okay?" Nicky out..

He also said the same thing in an interview in today's Metro?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

He also said the same thing in an interview in today's Metro?
Don't read it....just seemed like throwaway comment.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Can see them saving Colin.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Pft, shows what I know.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm

All went a bit wrong due to the voting public, but that's Strictly. Great show this weekend but ffs, do the audience have to cheer and keep breaking into manic approval for two dancers twirling around, while one of the world's greatest tenors sings Nessun Dorma? Absolute lunacy. What happened to saving the applause for the finish?..... Anyway...

Sorry for the big fella, what a real gent he is. The way he accepted his exit with such charm was really exceptional. He was always at risk with the height difference but it almost looked like he knew he was going in the dance off. Don't like the Richard fella much, and to be honest the Fern woman or the boy-band lad should have gone based on performance. Even Lisa Riley has run her length now for me. Tough show but it's all about survival and the G.B.P.

No lover of boy-band stuff but if the Wanted lot had replaced all the techno floor shaking base with live drums I could have stood that much better.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Didn't see any of last nights show so not really able to comment. Richard may go next weekend, think it should be that Nicky though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Didn't see any of last nights show so not really able to comment. Richard may go next weekend, think it should be that Nicky though.
Wife recorded it while the match was on and I watched what I'd missed later. Whites win made the whole day much, much better. :D

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Vaughanny will be out next week... Ballroom he's good at, but he'll screw up the tango mark my words!

Felt a bit sorry for Colin and the scary Mrs Calzaghe... shouldn't have been in the bottom 2. Yet again for me the worst of the lot was Pendleton... she's dull with no charisma at all, and constantly looks like a bag of offal being carted around the dance floor... she can ride a bike but cannot dance get her out!

TD agree re: Bocelli... two weeks on the bounce where the dancers should have bogged off and let two (albeit different) living legends sing
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Vaughanny will be out next week... Ballroom he's good at, but he'll screw up the tango mark my words!
Don't agree D.L.H, sorry. If he has tango he'll have a better chance than latin like salsa, samba or rumba. Tango is ballroom and done in hold all the time. Far safer than letting him loose to wave his arse about like Baloo the bear in Jungle Book. :wink:

Agree with the Pendleton thing by the way, except the Fern woman is even worse. Brendon Cole is crafty though, he's got two difficult dances out of the way while she still has popularity. Now, in ballroom for a couple of weeks she can hang round his neck like a Titanic lifebelt and probably get away with it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Vaughanny will be out next week... Ballroom he's good at, but he'll screw up the tango mark my words!
Turns out he's got Salsa D.L.H, so he might have problems. We'll see. This made me laugh:

"I like Michael - he's rather charmingly unselfconscious. I'd imagine that comes from going out to bat and regularly seeing your stumps uprooted first ball" :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Why no Brucie today?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Why no Brucie today?
Newsnight are about to do a big expose....

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:43 pm

And then apologise the night after?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Taking a week's rest apparently. It was known last week so no obvious problems. Michael Vaughan finished on lowest score tonight but everybody did okay this week. Think he might be in the dance-off though because Horwood only gave him a five. They all upped the game a bit including Victoria P. Going to be tough deciding who goes.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Taking a week's rest apparently. It was known last week so no obvious problems. Michael Vaughan finished on lowest score tonight but everybody did okay this week. Think he might be in the dance-off though because Horwood only gave him a five. They all upped the game a bit including Victoria P. Going to be tough deciding who goes.
Personally, thought the show was better without him.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Kimberly in the bottom 2?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Kimberly in the bottom 2?
That's the Strictly voters for you. Full of surprises and never a dull moment. Worked out right in the end. Michael Vaughan still bats on. :wink:

What about that professional Argentine Tango then?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Pretty bloody good, weren't they?

Still think Vaughny should have gone....will probably go next week.