Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Scousers.
That's all.
As you were.
They have east-european Scousers now?
??
It's okay Bobo, I'm just having a go at a couple from a while back. Bloke stopped the wife at the meat counter in Asda; claimed he didn't understand what was what. Whilst she pointed out roast beef or something his wife slid up and nicked her purse, credit card and all. Luckily, the cameras got them both. Thieving swines.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Some t**t has spent £300 on my credit card, on-line betting and topping their phone up - I hope they can trace the number but doubt it with a pay and go :-(
Know how you must be feeling mate, same thing happened to me some time ago. I got the money back after a couple of weeks but it makes you feel sick. Good luck getting it sorted.

If they win their bets, does that mean that you can keep the winnings? If so, I hope you make a healthy profit! :wink:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 pm

PC1978 wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:Some t**t has spent £300 on my credit card, on-line betting and topping their phone up - I hope they can trace the number but doubt it with a pay and go :-(
Know how you must be feeling mate, same thing happened to me some time ago. I got the money back after a couple of weeks but it makes you feel sick. Good luck getting it sorted.

If they win their bets, does that mean that you can keep the winnings? If so, I hope you make a healthy profit! :wink:
Thanks. Glad you got the money back, I'm fairly sure we will too. It's scary how easily they got the details though!

My fella asked the same question about the winnings and will no doubt ask the bank too - god loves a trier! (The spelling of that looks awful!!) :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:44 pm

89bwfc89 wrote: It's scary how easily they got the details though!
Have you any idea how they did?
May the bridges I burn light your way

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Has happened to me twice in the past 3 months, really annoying. Gets sorted out but i've never heard back from them in terms of a police investigation (which they said they would start). So, no clues as to how, where, why, so therefore no assistance in how to avoid the same thing happening again in the same way.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

It happened to me under the old pre-chip technology. Someone ran up $6000 on my credit card. I called Visa security who disabled my card, told me to destroy it and sent me another. It was annoying because I had no card for a week, but I didn't care whether they caught the person. How it was done? A hand held scanner got the information from the mag strip while I was paying for something (probably at the supermarket) or an automatic petrol pump had been tampered with. With chips and the need for a password this type of identity theft is far more difficult.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Surprised it hasn't happened to me here yet. No one looks at your credit card here. They hand it back to you before the slip you are supposed to sign has finished printing. I might sign it as Father Christmas tomorrow :mrgreen:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote: It's scary how easily they got the details though!
Have you any idea how they did?
Well I don't normally use the credit card at a cash machine but I used one on Blackburn Road (RBS I think, opposite Asda, so be warned!) a week before the money got taken. That's the only thing I can think of, other than that I haven't really used it. It's not even my card, it's his but it's always in my purse, you know, for "emergencies" :D

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:13 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Has happened to me twice in the past 3 months, really annoying. Gets sorted out but i've never heard back from them in terms of a police investigation (which they said they would start). So, no clues as to how, where, why, so therefore no assistance in how to avoid the same thing happening again in the same way.
:evil: I want the bastards caught!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

89bwfc89 wrote: It's not even my card, it's his but it's always in my purse.
Ah. Quelle surprise! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ah. Quelle surprise! ;)
:lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:39 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/101 ... in_Bolton/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With proper strict immigration laws and no EU 'open borders' this would not have happened!
This type of thing will become more and more regular and guess who will be picking up the tab for their stay in HMP? Uk tax payers as per normal, hanging these two arseholes was what should have happened.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/101 ... in_Bolton/

With proper strict immigration laws and no EU 'open borders' this would not have happened!
This type of thing will become more and more regular and guess who will be picking up the tab for their stay in HMP? Uk tax payers as per normal, hanging these two arseholes was what should have happened.
I wonder why there was a three year plus difference in sentencing for the same crime.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Am I missing it, or does the article specificall avoid saying where they come from ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Am I missing it, or does the article specificall avoid saying where they come from ?
It was taken from the GM Police website
http://www.gmp.police.uk/Content/Websit ... enDocument" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps the plod were being delicate.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 am

It's a terrible tale, and they got what they deserved, and the good people won, because of the bravery of the decorator and others who made sure these bastards didn't get away...

It's actually an uplifting story... Pity that hoboh uses it to bang his well-worn and dull drum...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 am

William the White wrote:

It's a terrible tale, and they got what they deserved, and the good people won, because of the bravery of the decorator and others who made sure these bastards didn't get away...

It's actually an uplifting story... Pity that hoboh uses it to bang his well-worn and dull drum...
No they flamin' well didn't and how do you reckon footing the bill for these two in the nick and the rest of costs such as parole offiers etc was the 'good people winning'? I truly am stumped by that train of thought.
You want em alive? ok flog the swine then drop them off at home pref from 20,000 ft without parachutes, if they die it will be an act of god :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 am

I hope you judiciously kept this information to yourself (apart from telling a few hundred on here) otherwise the bank might not pay out...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I hope you judiciously kept this information to yourself (apart from telling a few hundred on here) otherwise the bank might not pay out...
Eeek, yep, wont be telling the bank that bit, hopefully they will be more concerned about getting my money back than who had the card but I can see your point!

Anyway...don't you be getting all serious on me now! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 am

89bwfc89 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Eeek, yep, wont be telling the bank that bit, hopefully they will be more concerned about getting my money back than who had the card but I can see your point!

Anyway...don't you be getting all serious on me now! :D
I'll try and and stay unserious, but I'm battling a serious headache and might slip back to serious seriousness now and then. My perspective is ruined. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください