What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Penguins. I want one.
I've done the research. You need a zoo licence and they need to be kept in groups of about 20 so it's a big ask!

Also, you aren't allowed an Ocelot! Not fair.

Guess I'll just have to settle for a Zonkey.
Will they get on OK with the Red Panda, d'ya know? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Last time I was up Rivvy there was a woman with a raccoon on a lead, which was climbing up a tree. Not what you'd normally expect to see on a Saturday afternoon, in that part of the world.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Un poco de chocolate Spanish, subtitled, is a lovely, sentimental, gentle movie about old age and young age, life ending, the meaning of memory, and love.

Ancient brother and sister live together, the last of the family, sooner rather than later one will die. For both, the past is more vivid than the present and especially for the brother who is falling into deep dementia. Then two young people entangle themselves in their lives, as new children almost. The generations learn to love each other afresh.

Very sweet movie. got it from the Instituto Cervantes library but may be available on LF. Good way to run up to the VIVA! festival...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am

The Walking Dead Season 3 part 2.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 pm

William the White wrote:Un poco de chocolate Spanish, subtitled, is a lovely, sentimental, gentle movie about old age and young age, life ending, the meaning of memory, and love.
Can't you just fckg learn Spanish & cut out the middle man here Bill ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:Un poco de chocolate Spanish, subtitled, is a lovely, sentimental, gentle movie about old age and young age, life ending, the meaning of memory, and love.
That task is currently underway, Tuesdays and Thursdays... :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:05 am

Catching up on the Oscar nominees... Saw Lincoln yesterday and Les Mis today.

Both excellent but Les Mis especially so. Russel Crowe very good - and sings very well!!! Excellent direction on an epic scale and also an intimate one...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 am

William the White wrote:Catching up on the Oscar nominees... Saw Lincoln yesterday and Les Mis today.

Both excellent but Les Mis especially so. Russel Crowe very good - and sings very well!!! Excellent direction on an epic scale and also an intimate one...
The Spnish language versions by any chance ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Guy Hibbert's Complicit tonight at 9.00 on C4. Amazing previews. And he is an outstanding TV writer. Unmissable, I'd say...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Lincoln on Saturday. Now, I'm basically it's target audience (interested in history, big fan of the American ideal, and keen on socially liberal causes) so I might be biased, but it was fantastic. Tommy Lee Jones is ace, and Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing. Really, really good film. Surprised to see it come in for criticism from people who have presumably confused a Hollywood film with a documentary!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:Lincoln on Saturday. Now, I'm basically it's target audience (interested in history, big fan of the American ideal, and keen on socially liberal causes) so I might be biased, but it was fantastic. Tommy Lee Jones is ace, and Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing. Really, really good film. Surprised to see it come in for criticism from people who have presumably confused a Hollywood film with a documentary!
Agree wholeheartedly - esp about Tommy Lee Jones...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 am

William the White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Lincoln on Saturday. Now, I'm basically it's target audience (interested in history, big fan of the American ideal, and keen on socially liberal causes) so I might be biased, but it was fantastic. Tommy Lee Jones is ace, and Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing. Really, really good film. Surprised to see it come in for criticism from people who have presumably confused a Hollywood film with a documentary!
Agree wholeheartedly - esp about Tommy Lee Jones...
Ohh, I might have to see it now.

Sounds right up my street.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am

bobo the clown wrote:
My elder son, who speaks Spanish completely fluently, went to see a new film Spanish language film (Chilean, I believe) called "No!" in that London last week. There were subtitles ... he said they barely related to what was actually being said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_(2012_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
My elder son, who speaks Spanish completely fluently, went to see a new film Spanish language film (Chilean, I believe) called "No!" in that London last week. There were subtitles ... he said they barely related to what was actually being said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_(2012_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
I'll look forward to the time when I have that fluency... In the meantime I've enough to know that most subtitles are doing ok - but in shorthand...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Already been said on here numerous times, but finally got round to watching Les Miserables yesterday.. Fvck me, what a film! I'm not a massive cinema fan (find it a bit boring, to be honest), so mhaven't seen a massive amount of films at the flicks.. I'd go as far as saying, it's the best film I've gone out to see.

Superb
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Just watched American Gangstar, what a film.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:Already been said on here numerous times, but finally got round to watching Les Miserables yesterday.. Fvck me, what a film! I'm not a massive cinema fan (find it a bit boring, to be honest), so mhaven't seen a massive amount of films at the flicks.. I'd go as far as saying, it's the best film I've gone out to see.

Superb
I saw it and had no clue about it (didn't even know they sang all the way through), afraid I got bored after the gorgeous Anne Hathaway left, can't deny the quality of it though and the performances (esp Anne H and the Hugh Jackman) but clearly not my thing, only thing I really really hated was the blonde girls (the adult one) singing..sounded more like something from an early Disney film all quivery and annoying, kept expecting her to go into "Someday my prince will come"
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 pm

She's fit her, though

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Dear god no, the other lady in the film was fantastic too (think she was in the stageshow)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Give over man!! Amanda Seyfried is an absolute peach.