What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well done Bish.

Though "North African squash and chickpea stew with dates" .... yummy !!
the dates sounded odd - but actually they were bob-on - as a side-dish the flavour went perfectly with the spicy main...

am having some leftovers for lunch!

got the recipe from a hugh fearnley shittingstall book that someone bought me for christmas - I have to say that (unlikely as some of his combinations look) everything we have tried so far has been pretty ace!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 pm

thebish wrote:

the dates sounded odd - but actually they were bob-on - as a side-dish the flavour went perfectly with the spicy main...

got the recipe from a hugh fearnley shittingstall book that someone bought me for christmas - I have to say that (unlikely as some of his combinations look) everything we have tried so far has been pretty ace!
Bet he never thought to combine horse with beef.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

Bet he never thought to combine horse with beef.
8) not in this book - no - it's his veg recipes book!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Tonight was going to be a curry before the match. Then I had an hankering for Mexican, but the prices at Chiquito's made me blanche. However, I've just remembered the historic chicken kebabs I used to have from Koolio's on Daubhill, so a five quid tea it's going to be :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Pre match quicky nosebag. Bowl of chicken soup, the last remnants of Sunday's chicken on a toasted bagel, Bag of Kellogg's attempt at crisps, yogurt, a brew - sorted.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

So, got to the kebab shop to find a floor full of food, filthy staff and a bloke cooking on the griddle who had a nose that runny, he felt the need to wipe it with both hands. I passed on the kebab, Koolio's has gone waaaay down hill!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm

made cannelloni tonight for the first time... had always been put of cos stuffing the cannelloni looks so fiddly..

anyway - by the time I had cut it into portions, most of the canelloni had come apart or unrolled and it was a bit like messy lasagne...

tasted good - but not really I promised my daughter!! 8)

ajwbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajwbolton » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I've just been reading an article concerning reciprocity and online communities which really says that those who read forums without posting weaken the online community - so I had meatballs and spaghetti. and very nice it was too

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am

ajwbolton wrote:I've just been reading an article concerning reciprocity and online communities which really says that those who read forums without posting weaken the online community - so I had meatballs and spaghetti. and very nice it was too
I feel my community has been incredibly strengthened somehow. Although on a more personal and less communal note, I'd seriously question the wisdom of eating meatballs at this particular junction in history.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
ajwbolton wrote:I've just been reading an article concerning reciprocity and online communities which really says that those who read forums without posting weaken the online community - so I had meatballs and spaghetti. and very nice it was too
I feel my community has been incredibly strengthened somehow. Although on a more personal and less communal note, I'd seriously question the wisdom of eating meatballs at this particular junction in history.
Nonsense. You and ajwbolton should meet up by the bins and have meatballs and spaghetti like Lady and The Tramp. You can be The Tramp. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nonsense. You and ajwbolton should meet up by the bins and have meatballs and spaghetti like Lady and The Tramp. You can be The Tramp. :D
I, Bruce, am far too discerning than to be caught eating meatballs. I used to eat savoury duck but once upon a time...
way way back in my student days I tucked into a reheated tinfoiled container of Brains's Faggots, without note any accompanying mash or anything else for that matter. In the manner of a starving student I left the four balls till last, scooping out all the 'gravy' first and then demolished the faggots one by one. Feeling slightly fuller by the last one, I popped it into my mouth whole in order to savour it longer. When I finally scrunched it in half, I thought a filling had dropped out or something, but after chewing a moment, I reluctantly spat out the remains only to discover a tiny skull and shattered jawbone (with loosely scattered even tinier teeth) embedded in the gooey mess and gleaming whitely up at me. I didn't examine it too closely so I'll never know what species it was, and it was way way before the days of 'justice' and 'compo' - I never even thought of taking it back to complain. But it's put the days of eating faggots well into the past tense, I'll tell you that for free.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Pre match quicky nosebag. Bowl of chicken soup, the last remnants of Sunday's chicken on a toasted bagel, Bag of Kellogg's attempt at crisps, yogurt, a brew - sorted.
The wife gets those.....not nice at all...the crisps that is.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Just made Aberdeen butteries/ rowies the most butter filled bread you will find on the planet. In simple it is a heart attack on a plate.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I, Bruce, am far too discerning than to be caught eating meatballs. I used to eat savoury duck but once upon a time...
way way back in my student days I tucked into a reheated tinfoiled container of Brains's Faggots, without note any accompanying mash or anything else for that matter. In the manner of a starving student I left the four balls till last, scooping out all the 'gravy' first and then demolished the faggots one by one. Feeling slightly fuller by the last one, I popped it into my mouth whole in order to savour it longer. When I finally scrunched it in half, I thought a filling had dropped out or something, but after chewing a moment, I reluctantly spat out the remains only to discover a tiny skull and shattered jawbone (with loosely scattered even tinier teeth) embedded in the gooey mess and gleaming whitely up at me. I didn't examine it too closely so I'll never know what species it was, and it was way way before the days of 'justice' and 'compo' - I never even thought of taking it back to complain. But it's put the days of eating faggots well into the past tense, I'll tell you that for free.
:shock: You almost put me off my beer with that story. Almost, but not quite. :pissed:

ajwbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajwbolton » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
:lol:

I can understand your stance especially after the Brain's faggots episode ( that's rotten ) - the more people accept offal and such like in a product - the more that dodgy producers might think they can get away with.

I have also been known to eat the odd Haggis (lived in Scotland for a while) but i have tended to steer towards veggie versions of late...

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:40 pm

ajwbolton wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I can understand your stance especially after the Brain's faggots episode ( that's rotten ) - the more people accept offal and such like in a product - the more that dodgy producers might think they can get away with.

I have also been known to eat the odd Haggis (lived in Scotland for a while) but i have tended to steer towards veggie versions of late...
Excuse me but I have no problem eating offal and such like, but that does not mean I find it acceptable for producers to sneak crap in, nor do I think they would assume they could sneak it in. I will eat offal but won't touch hot dogs. Anyway I noticed on the news they had a plate of meat balls on a plate when referring to the Ikea story of horse meat being in their meatballs. It made so much sense when looking at that plate of meat balls that some horse product was contained in those. Not sure why it wasn't discovered much earlier.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

seanworth wrote:
ajwbolton wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Excuse me but I have no problem eating offal and such like, but that does not mean I find it acceptable for producers to sneak crap in, nor do I think they would assume they could sneak it in. I will eat offal but won't touch hot dogs. Anyway I noticed on the news they had a plate of meat balls on a plate when referring to the Ikea story of horse meat being in their meatballs. It made so much sense when looking at that plate of meat balls that some horse product was contained in those. Not sure why it wasn't discovered much earlier.

I love Ikea meatballs. It's the only thing that the missus can get me into the store for. You can understand the Swedes pulling their product though after finding they had a bit of A Norse in them.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:13 pm

I couldn't give a fvck what's in them meatballs. As GTE says, they're ace and the only reason I can be pursuaded to go to the god-forsaken hell hole
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Not telling anyone not to eat, but you can't deny the fact that picture bears a striking resemblance to horse sh$t.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 pm

I've never seen a horse shit a flag!

Unless its the Japanese flag
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"