Only Connect Two........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Only Connect Two........

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Good footballers with bad erections?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Fri May 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Good footballers with bad erections?
No. This is a hard one (snigger snigger).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: To cow an opponent into submission
To dog a customer with unwanted questions...
Do what? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Sat May 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Winter Hill White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote: Another clue needed for me please WHW
Oh, & well done on mine Kinty
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Winter Hill White wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile
Wild guess, but probably coincidence, they all begin with abbreviations for chemical elements?

Pele - Pelyethylene
Cole - Cobalt
Bale - Barium
Nile - Nickel

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile
Wild guess, but probably coincidence, they all begin with abbreviations for chemical elements?

Pele - Pelyethylene
Cole - Cobalt
Bale - Barium
Nile - Nickel
That's been done before BP by Mr Kint but it is as good as any beyond the obvious I suppose (though over here it is polyethylene and it is not an element - try pelopium - just as good :wink: ).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile

Pele - Pelyethylene
Cole - Cobalt
Bale - Barium
Nile - Nickel
Not the answer I was thinking of, but it does work.

A clue for the answer I had in mind. (This is a clue rather than another one in the sequence). The postcode area for Ewood Park and Turf Moor.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 am

Winter Hill White wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile

Pele - Pelyethylene
Cole - Cobalt
Bale - Barium
Nile - Nickel

A clue for the answer I had in mind. (This is a clue rather than another one in the sequence). The postcode area for Ewood Park and Turf Moor.
No, it doesn't work because pe is not an element - it was one briefly (pelopium) but that turned out to be an error. As for postal codes - I'd have no chance there. Post code for Ewood Park is BB2 4JF and Turf Moor is BB10 4BX. Good clue...but no clue. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote:[quote="Winter Hill White
pele
cole
bale
Final clue on this one.

pele
cole
bale
nile

Pele - Pelyethylene
Cole - Cobalt
Bale - Barium
Nile - Nickel

No, it doesn't work because pe is not an element - it was one briefly (pelopium) but that turned out to be an error. As for postal codes - I'd have no chance there. Post code for Ewood Park is BB2 4JF and Turf Moor is BB10 4BX. Good clue...but no clue. :wink:[/quote]

Probably should have said chemical symbol rather than element. Tbh I did a quick google search (OMG cheating :shock: ) and saw that Polyethylene is abbreviated to PE, but neglected to read further. Guilty as charged. Then went on to misspell Polyethylene. I hadn't even had any alcohol to blame it on. :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote: Probably should have said chemical symbol rather than element. Tbh I did a quick google search (OMG cheating :shock: ) and saw that Polyethylene is abbreviated to PE, but neglected to read further. Guilty as charged. Then went on to misspell Polyethylene. I hadn't even had any alcohol to blame it on. :oops:
At work we use PE, or PET, as an abbreviation for polyester ((from polyethelene terephthalate) FYI phthalates are what the Chinese bulked up the baby milk with)) though I'm not sure that either abbreviation is any more scientifically sound than us referring to homo-polymer acrylic as HA.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote: Probably should have said chemical symbol rather than element. Tbh I did a quick google search (OMG cheating :shock: ) and saw that Polyethylene is abbreviated to PE, but neglected to read further. Guilty as charged. Then went on to misspell Polyethylene. I hadn't even had any alcohol to blame it on. :oops:
At work we use PE, or PET, as an abbreviation for polyester ((from polyethelene terephthalate) FYI phthalates are what the Chinese bulked up the baby milk with)) though I'm not sure that either abbreviation is any more scientifically sound than us referring to homo-polymer acrylic as HA.
Dear Bruce,

I've had to re-arrange the table placing's for the next bijou dinner party. The Fossington-Gore's can now make it, as Davinia's horse is fully recovered. I've relocated you, down the other end of the table, next to that nice bald chappie with the tweed suits, that's something big in the second-hand prosthetics market. Hope that's ok.

Toodles.

Worthy.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
:shock:

WHW just give us the bloody answer!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
:shock:

WHW just give us the bloody answer!
I wouldn't count on hearing from him soon. He appears to be a slum landlord who lives out of the country on ill-gotten gains. :wink:

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

pele
cole
bale
nile

You can stick a double b in the middle of all of them to make another word.

Bit of an anti-climax really.
Wish I could have thought of one with homo-polymer acrylic.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Sun May 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I wouldn't count on hearing from him soon. He appears to be a slum landlord who lives out of the country on ill-gotten gains. :wink:
If only it was that exciting . . .

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote: Dear Bruce,

I've had to re-arrange the table placing's for the next bijou dinner party. The Fossington-Gore's can now make it, as Davinia's horse is fully recovered. I've relocated you, down the other end of the table, next to that nice bald chappie with the tweed suits, that's something big in the second-hand prosthetics market. Hope that's ok.

Toodles.

Worthy.
I bet he knows feck all about expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE), still, if I'm not at the same end of the table as you then at least there's more chance of me getting a few roasties and the odd glass of wine. ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Toodles.

Worthy.
I bet he knows feck all about expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE), still, if I'm not at the same end of the table as you then at least there's more chance of me getting a few roasties and the odd glass of wine. ;)
I don't recall ever running out of either to be honest Brucie. Wouldn't fret on that front. :mrgreen:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Winter Hill White wrote:pele
cole
bale
nile

You can stick a double b in the middle of all of them to make another word.

Bit of an anti-climax really.
Wish I could have thought of one with homo-polymer acrylic.
Well, that was worth waiting for! :roll: :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Toodles.

Worthy.
I don't recall ever running out of either to be honest Brucie. Wouldn't fret on that front. :mrgreen:
Exactly. You wouldn't have. It's only everyone else at the table that's suffered as a result of your greed, Leftie. ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Toodles.

Worthy.
Exactly. You wouldn't have. It's only everyone else at the table that's suffered as a result of your greed, Leftie. ;)
Errrrr, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I shall rephrase for the folk sat with the prosthetics sales people. I don't recall anyone at the table ever running out of either to be honest Brucie. :roll: