bloody norah... :-(

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: bloody norah... :-(

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm just waiting for the inevitable Guardianistas to suggest that the armed cops were out of order for using firearms and should instead have used bean bag guns to incapacitate the two 'mentally ill' offenders.
I reckon you will wait in vain - but do update us when you see it!
I'll bet you the tube of Refreshers Fatshaft owes me.
I've heard plenty of coverage so far - even scoured the guardian website and not seen or heard any complaints about the perpetrators being shot.. maybe you move in different circles? 8)
It normally takes a couple of days. The apologists and confusers need to allow the initial righteous reaction to die down.

I don't risk Refreshers willy-nilly you know. This is a gimme.
i will patiently await your update! 8)

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

Amazing segue on the bbc just now...

bbc news covering woolwich, goes to the weather update.

Weatherman "Well I guess we could all do with some good news about now...but I'm afraid that some showers are expected this afternoon."

Really?!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 23, 2013 11:04 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
mrkint wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: Moro Islamic Liberation Front….
They probably should have thought of better initials.
:lol:
Careful you've probably just insulted a bunch of Muslims. Big into being insulted are Muslims. One earlier on (British Council of Muslim spokesperson) claiming that the Muslims who carried out the murder have insulted Islam. No irony there then. Get an ayotollah to put a fatwa on them, or is that particular death sentence just reserved for book writers and cartoon drawers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

It's bloody horrible. Really truly sickening.

As said the brave action of some of the onlookers does restore some faith in humanity.

However, condeming a race or a religion based on the action of a minority is hardly going to help the situation, in fact it'll make it worse. We've all got our fair share of nut jobs.

I'm glad the two "suspects" are still alive so as to be able to face, full and long long punishment for their actions. Better that than them dying as some sort of martyrs......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:It's bloody horrible. Really truly sickening.

As said the brave action of some of the onlookers does restore some faith in humanity.

However, condeming a race or a religion based on the action of a minority is hardly going to help the situation, in fact it'll make it worse. We've all got our fair share of nut jobs.
indeed... BWFC has had and probably still has nutters associated with it - people who believe in the club and call themselves fans who (in the name of the football club) wreak violent thuggery on other people... ergo all of us who call ourselves Bolton fans are abhorrent tw*ts because we believe in the same thing - and look where it leads....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 am

And the perspective is provided here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/0 ... ted-police" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We've all got our nutters sadly and all suffer at the hands of each other.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 am

and...
Beslan school massacre
Moscow theatre siege
Domodedovo airport bombing
Ayodha massacre
Glasgow airport attempted bombing
The shoe bomber
Machine gun attack on Sri Lanka cricket team
and that's before we even start on the crap between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon.
All by Muslims in the name of Allah.
Salaam, peace be with you.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm getting you don't like Muslims, Spotty.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:And the perspective is provided here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/0 ... ted-police" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure there was an equal amount of frothy outrage and grandstanding over this instance of a muslim being stabbed to death on the public street by a white man this week..... wasn't there? oh - hang on - are you sure? after all - what is this country coming to where people cannot walk down the street safely??

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu May 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Are we at the 'muslims are the victims here' stage yet?

I avoid all media coverage on things like this as I tend to read the Guardian and it's usually 'all our fault'.

Galloway commented yet? I admire him as a speaker but would pay to watch someone go at him with a machete.....
Troll and proud of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm

as wrote:Are we at the 'muslims are the victims here' stage yet?

I avoid all media coverage on things like this as I tend to read the Guardian and it's usually 'all our fault'.

Galloway commented yet? I admire him as a speaker but would pay to watch someone go at him with a machete.....

if you don't want to know - don't ask! but - no, we're not... in truth, though - the most numerous victims of international terrorist attacks by assorted groups are muslims...

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:and...
Beslan school massacre
Moscow theatre siege
Ayodha massacre
The shoe bomber
and that's before we even start on the crap between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon.

WTF is it with you? Can I throw in carpet bombing of Dresden etc? Get some feckin perspective. I've got you down as a few things LLS, but I didn't think racist xenophobic would be on the list.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:And the perspective is provided here.

I'm sure there was an equal amount of frothy outrage and grandstanding over this instance of a muslim being stabbed to death on the public street by a white man this week..... wasn't there? oh - hang on - are you sure? after all - what is this country coming to where people cannot walk down the street safely??
You've started yourself.

Refreshers may be posted.

bobo clown
North Wales
Pretty Close to Chester
LL 00 LL
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'm getting you don't like Muslims, Spotty.

He has a point though

Religion is shoved in front of my kids at school

Fvcks me off that there almost forced to learn that bollocks
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'm getting you don't like Muslims, Spotty.
Just providing a little balance to this ridiculous idea that Islam is a religion of peace. But I might as well fart in the wind.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 12:28 pm

am reading today a report* about terrorism trends over the last 10 yrs...

interestingly... in 2011 it is reckoned that Al Quaida-inspired terrorism accounted for 700 attacks and resulted in 2000 deaths... next down the list - Secular, political, and anarchist groups were the next largest category of perpetrators, conducting 2,283 attacks with 1,926 fatalities....

so - secular, political and anarchist terrorists conduct MORE terrorist attacks than Al Quaida - but with less death-impact per attack...

I didn't know this... it doesn't add anything much to the incident yesterday (or on Monday) - but I thought it was interesting in that it doesn't appear to be the popular conception that there even IS any terrorism outside of some kind of religious sphere...

* - the US Dept of State National Counterterrorism Center: Annex of Statistical Information

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:and...
Beslan school massacre
Moscow theatre siege
Ayodha massacre
The shoe bomber

WTF is it with you? Can I throw in carpet bombing of Dresden etc? Get some feckin perspective. I've got you down as a few things LLS, but I didn't think racist xenophobic would be on the list.
you can of course have me down as anything you like, but the fact I lived abroad for three years and loved every minute of it should disabuse you of any idea I'm xenophobic.
As for what I'm pointing out being racist, You're either having a laugh or not thinking straight. WTF has Islam got to do with race? :conf:
As I pointed out in a post above^ I have questions for a white English woman. Those questions regarded religion, nothing to do with race.
The murderers yesterday were black, which has nothing to do with it either. I don't care if they were paraplegic Chinese dwarves with transgendered issues. But clearly, if you hadn't noticed, they were quite categoric in being identified as Muslim.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You've started yourself.

Refreshers may be posted.

bobo clown
North Wales
Pretty Close to Chester
LL 00 LL

nice try bobo - but not even a blind loon could read my post as a complaint that the police shot the perpetrators! if this is your evidence - you'd better parcel up those refreshers now!

Thebish
On a kayak in the sea
Just off the devon coast
A long way from being welsh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: you can of course have me down as anything you like, but the fact I lived abroad for three years and loved every minute of it should disabuse you of any idea I'm xenophobic.
As for what I'm pointing out being racist, You're either having a laugh or not thinking straight. WTF has Islam got to do with race? :conf:
As I pointed out in a post above^ I have questions for a white English woman. Those questions regarded religion, nothing to do with race.
The murderers yesterday were black, which has nothing to do with it either. I don't care if they were paraplegic Chinese dwarves with transgendered issues. But clearly, if you hadn't noticed, they were quite categoric in being identified as Muslim.
So that white man who stabbed a Muslim to death....does that mean that all white men are in fact to be hated as well?

To be honest I'm afraid to say that whether you call it racism or prejudice and discrimination you are falling into that category. You can't hate all members of a race or a religion or whatever, because of the actions of a few. Especially selectively.

I'll rephrase that, you can obviously hate them, but it is very very very wrong to do so.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm

EDL out in force last night after this horrific event.