The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 pm

ChrisC wrote:15 exclusive titles on Xbox ONE.

Call of Duty: Ghosts, launching exclusively on Xbox One.

You will have a real Navy SEAL dog by your side in the game.. You just know he is going to die :( I would be devostated and probably not finish the game :lol:
I thought it was the DLC that will launch on the Xbox one first, not the game per se?

I mean any Call of Duty exclusive is a big coup for Xbox. Hmmm. Sony must be worried.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

You will have a real Navy SEAL dog by your side in the game.. You just know he is going to die :( I would be devostated and probably not finish the game :lol:
I thought it was the DLC that will launch on the Xbox one first, not the game per se?

I mean any Call of Duty exclusive is a big coup for Xbox. Hmmm. Sony must be worried.
No way it wouldn't be released on PS3/4.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I also heard DLC but reports after are saying the game.. must be a mix up. Maybe it should be Launching FIRST on Xbox One like the DLC?

Xbox has always had DLC a week or 2 before PS so no real change.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

I sat through the whole hour of the live event just so I could txt mr 89 all the important bits as he's at work. Better have earned me some brownie points! It actually looks really good, we'll be getting one.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:50 am

I've Bought Assasins Creed 1 and Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

But am yet to play them (put on LOTR for a minute or two.)

I finally connected the XBOX to the net, but am yet to open an account.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Can't play any 360 games on it, as they're not backwards compatible. I mean get a fcuking grip Microsoft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Means I won't be buying it then. That was what made me change from a ps2 to Xbox.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Can't play any 360 games on it, as they're not backwards compatible. I mean get a fcuking grip Microsoft.
PS4 is same, isn't it? Though they keep saying they'll have em on the cloud.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Can't play any 360 games on it, as they're not backwards compatible. I mean get a fcuking grip Microsoft.
Different architectures though innit?

I was surprised at that fact but apparently it was never likely to be feasible. Apparently Microsoft even looked at putting the "360 on a chip" inside the new Xbox but would have been too expensive and probably made it too big.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 22, 2013 5:27 pm

dont the problem, presumably you have already got a 360 to play your 360 games on?

ill be getting one, its 8 years since i bought the last one which i think is pretty fair.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I was surprised at that fact but apparently it was never likely to be feasible. Apparently Microsoft even looked at putting the "360 on a chip" inside the new Xbox but would have been too expensive and probably made it too big.
the 360 played the xbox titles with an emulator and they were "different architechures" fwik the first was an x86 > the 360 was a powerpc (ibm) or something based , and the new one will be x86/x64 (or whatever they call it now).

i'm sure some software emulator could sort it. it did last time. but i bet they go the cloud streaming like "ON live" or similar which is apparantly how sony are gonna 'solve' it for their new one.

someone once wrote a emulator that let a zx80 use zx81 software (forward compatability ftw) , so they can do anything if they want.

in my mind a software emulator of some sort should do it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 pm

a1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

the 360 played the xbox titles with an emulator and they were "different architechures" fwik the first was an x86 > the 360 was a powerpc (ibm) or something based , and the new one will be x86/x64 (or whatever they call it now).

i'm sure some software emulator could sort it. it did last time. but i bet they go the cloud streaming like "ON live" or similar which is apparantly how sony are gonna 'solve' it for their new one.

someone once wrote a emulator that let a zx80 use zx81 software (forward compatability ftw) , so they can do anything if they want.

in my mind a software emulator of some sort should do it.
Agree a1, dosbox still works on the pc. They already said they don't want to stream. It's just lazy arsed MS as usual.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 am

its 400 quid !

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am

General Mannerheim wrote:dont the problem, presumably you have already got a 360 to play your 360 games on?

ill be getting one, its 8 years since i bought the last one which i think is pretty fair.
I sort of see this. I guess though that for many people they won't have space for a 360 and a new xbox to be hooked up at the same time. So can see the pain of it too, especially if you have lots of unfinished games. Though in that scenario I'd probably just hold off on buying the new one.......

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 am

a1 wrote:its 400 quid !
Not yet confirmed and could just be an estimate from Zavvi who added a price to pre orders.

There is talk of a discount if the buyer commits to Xbox live for 2 years (I think).
Last edited by ChrisC on Thu May 23, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 am

I'm excited, the last time a new generation of consoles came around I had to wait until christmas to get it as a joint present with my brothers. Now, if I want to I can go buy it myself the day it comes out like a grown up!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Sounds like it's not aimed at gamers, more social f*cking network guff and 'look you can watch TV through your console' bollocks.

I've no idea about Kinect or whatever it's called, but you have to buy the hardware and it's always on, even counting the number of people in the room?! (that's me w*nking in the bathroom then!)

I'm not a 12yr old girl - I don't even bother with gaybook - I just wish these companies would p*ss off with their obsession with social media. Nintendo are the same 'join the Wii universe' I don't f*cking want too and stop wasting a chunk of my consoles power on something I'll NEVER use.

I look forward to them both coming out, but I'll choose wisely and might just stick to the PC in future, not every nerd is a four-eyed Walter trying to impress teenagers online, some of us just like playing f*cking games.
Troll and proud of it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 23, 2013 12:27 pm

as wrote:Sounds like it's not aimed at gamers, more social f*cking network guff and 'look you can watch TV through your console' bollocks.

I've no idea about Kinect or whatever it's called, but you have to buy the hardware and it's always on, even counting the number of people in the room?! (that's me w*nking in the bathroom then!)

I'm not a 12yr old girl - I don't even bother with gaybook - I just wish these companies would p*ss off with their obsession with social media. Nintendo are the same 'join the Wii universe' I don't f*cking want too and stop wasting a chunk of my consoles power on something I'll NEVER use.

I look forward to them both coming out, but I'll choose wisely and might just stick to the PC in future, not every nerd is a four-eyed Walter trying to impress teenagers online, some of us just like playing f*cking games.

A large portion of the gaming side has been saved for E3 in early June. The launch was more about showing everything Xbox One can do.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu May 23, 2013 12:52 pm

A large portion of the gaming side has been saved for E3 in early June. The launch was more about showing everything Xbox One can do

Don't people buy consoles to play games on though? I've got a PC for any other rubbish I need to do.....

And they're stopping second-hand games, so that'll be £60 a pop per f*cking game then which can't be sold or passed onto my young nephew :shock:

I'm losing faith in the eggheads, bring back the SNES!
Troll and proud of it.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

as wrote:And they're stopping second-hand games, so that'll be £60 a pop per f*cking game then which can't be sold or passed onto my young nephew :shock:

How So?

Just in the UK?

I am Scared :shock: