Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm

clapton is god wrote:No, some distance from there. Its past Spark Bridge on the A5092 and then up the 5084 to the southern end of Coniston water. The tarn is then on the left just a short walk from a convenient car park. By the way, LLS, did you get the book recommendation I sent your way whilst you were away (page 133 of book thread)? There's bear encounters in it!
First: Ah, I was thinking it looked like a nice small tarn I've spent many an hour by. But that is NE of Coniston.
Second: No sorry, I missed that. I'll get back on TW later, but my phone is a pain int arse at moment. Keeps losing connection.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Just arrived in Wigan for the Allgates brewery tour. Came up wallgate to see a topless scilly bloke with a plastic bag full of cheap lager.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Going to PBS Studios tonight to do my second show 2AM-6AM!!!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Off to see Jools Holland and his Big Band as they close the International Eisteddfod in Llangollen.

This is the joyous one where people come from all over the World ... not the pinch-faced Welsh language only one where Welshies piss & moan about the English while kids clog dance in Welsh in national costume, and choirs sing Welsh songs, in Welsh, in national costume and people tell each other Welsh folk stories and poems, in Welsh whilst wearing .... you've guessed it ... national costume.

The weather has, this year, been superb throughout.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Will you be having one of these on, Taffy? :mrgreen:

May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Just back from a lovely evenings walk with the dog round the woods. It was deserted, beautifully cool and dark after the busyness, heat and brightness of the day. Pink's "Try" on my ipod and the distant smell of summer bonfires. Feeling content!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Will you be having one of these on, Taffy? :mrgreen:

Could be useful if I need a dump I suppose.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:51 am

This weekend I went to my new flat. And my old one. Then my new one again. Then my old one again (repeat x a million)

Yes, it was moving heavy bags and furniture between one place and t'other on the hottest weekend of the year! And my lord, sunstroke really is not pleasant.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:08 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:Would it be unwise of me to post on here that I'm taking Mrs H to see Robbie Williams at the Etihad tonight?
Only if you can report Liam Gallagher turned up and they knocked seven bells out of ech other.
Mind you, I'd back Williams to win. Gallagher's all brave when behind six minders. If Carling did absolute pillocks....

Love or loathe Gallagher's music, at least he can can play a guitar up and come up with something. Williams' 'music' is written by a background team of professional songwriters, with him acting as a 'co-writer'. 'Co-writer' meaning Williams makes the tea and checks for spelling mistakes in the lyrics. He's a karaoke singer who possesses no musical talent whatsoever

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:15 am

Wrong Gallagher. Liam v Robbie is a fight of unimaginable insignificance.

BDI (as I thought they were called) are Oasis sans talent. Manc wideboys.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:52 am

Prufrock wrote:Wrong Gallagher. Liam v Robbie is a fight of unimaginable insignificance.

BDI (as I thought they were called) are Oasis sans talent. Manc wideboys.

No. Liam can play a guitar and come up with a tune. Like it or hate it I'm not arsed either way. Williams on the other hand is just a puppet. He may sell out stadiums but it's never off his own back. How many of his songs has he written on his own?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Can he f*ck! You have heard Songbird right?

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:Can he f*ck! You have heard Songbird right?

Many times. What I'm trying to get at is this generation of 'music'. It isn't music. It's all cowell-produced garbage, 1 album to profit from the popularity then dropped. It's all done for them. Eg X wins the X-factor, the first single and album is already written for them. No effort involved on the 'winners' part, just turn up and sing over a backing track. It's 20 years next year since definitely maybe, you don't last 20 years in the music business without talent

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 pm

I think it's bollocks too, just that Liam is an awful example! Also, whilst it does nothing for me, I'm not sure it's not 'music'.

Also: it's over 20 years since Take That's first album. Robert has lasted that long.

Secondly, Liam has spent most of that with talent. Not his talent mind. But still.

Liam spent most of his career singing in a band where a talented guy wrote the songs.

Robert spent a lot of time (and got famous) in a band where a guy did write a lot of the songs.

Neither are particularly talented in any way other than having a voice, IMO.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Remember getting dragged along to watch Oasis when they were touring Be Here Now. I remember thinking - I look forward to hearing Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - I've no idea why he surrounds himself with these other talent-free 4uckers.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Hubby's away for the weekend so going nowhere tonight, just snuggling up in bed with the dog, iPad, cup of tea, crunchie bar and a good book. Rock and roll.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Remember getting dragged along to watch Oasis when they were touring Be Here Now. I remember thinking - I look forward to hearing Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - I've no idea why he surrounds himself with these other talent-free 4uckers.

Great story that thanks, one for the grandkids that is :? . 4 talent free 4ckers? they could all play instruments my friend...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:34 am

tripod wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Remember getting dragged along to watch Oasis when they were touring Be Here Now. I remember thinking - I look forward to hearing Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - I've no idea why he surrounds himself with these other talent-free 4uckers.

Great story that thanks, one for the grandkids that is :? . 4 talent free 4ckers? they could all play instruments my friend...
Very poorly, my friend. I suspect that you don't play at all.

The drummer kept speeding up - not good when you're key function is to set time. Noel Gallagher forced the issue with him on several occasions during the evening. He was eventually sacked. The bass player was sufficiently poor enough to be sacked during the recording of, and for Noel Gallagher to end up playing bass on, I believe, all but one of the tracks on Standing on The Shoulder of Giants. Paul Bonehead Arthurs - the guy's a musical lottery winner. Pick up a 'learn to play guitar' book and on the first page it'll show you how to play a bar chord. Anyone can do it. Bonehead never got any further than that page. He too was fired off during the recording of the fourth album due to his appalling lack of ability.

Here's another for your Grandkids being as you're in the market. Many years ago, me and a bunch of mates used to follow a local band around that had a regular Wednesday night spot at a place in Pendlebury. We'd drive over for it. Every now and then though we'd be met with the disappointment that the band that we were there to see couldn't make it for whatever reason and had been replaced by another local band that also did their own stuff. Well, being as we'd driven over anyway we'd stay an watch whoever were on. Generally they'd just prove to be a very average band doing a fairly uninteresting set of their own fairly basic stuff, but we'd stick with it. So, turning up on this one Wednesday night in 1990/91? and we were informed that our regular band couldn't make it that night and had been replaced by another Manchester band. This evening's lot were absolutely, utterly fecking dreadful. One of the poorest bands that I've ever heard. We left after their first spot so that we could get back to Bolton and at least get a pint in. Their name was The Rain. Go look them up. I'm not joking ;)

PS. THE worst band that I ever saw were this lot called Wyrie Swains at Band on The Wall at around the same time. You didn't need to know that but I just always feel the need to share it. :(

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:19 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
tripod wrote:

Very poorly, my friend. I suspect that you don't play at all.

The drummer kept speeding up - not good when you're key function is to set time. Noel Gallagher forced the issue with him on several occasions during the evening. He was eventually sacked. The bass player was sufficiently poor enough to be sacked during the recording of, and for Noel Gallagher to end up playing bass on, I believe, all but one of the tracks on Standing on The Shoulder of Giants. Paul Bonehead Arthurs - the guy's a musical lottery winner. Pick up a 'learn to play guitar' book and on the first page it'll show you how to play a bar chord. Anyone can do it. Bonehead never got any further than that page. He too was fired off during the recording of the fourth album due to his appalling lack of ability.

Here's another for your Grandkids being as you're in the market. Many years ago, me and a bunch of mates used to follow a local band around that had a regular Wednesday night spot at a place in Pendlebury. We'd drive over for it. Every now and then though we'd be met with the disappointment that the band that we were there to see couldn't make it for whatever reason and had been replaced by another local band that also did their own stuff. Well, being as we'd driven over anyway we'd stay an watch whoever were on. Generally they'd just prove to be a very average band doing a fairly uninteresting set of their own fairly basic stuff, but we'd stick with it. So, turning up on this one Wednesday night in 1990/91? and we were informed that our regular band couldn't make it that night and had been replaced by another Manchester band. This evening's lot were absolutely, utterly fecking dreadful. One of the poorest bands that I've ever heard. We left after their first spot so that we could get back to Bolton and at least get a pint in. Their name was The Rain. Go look them up. I'm not joking ;)

PS. THE worst band that I ever saw were this lot called Wyrie Swains at Band on The Wall at around the same time. You didn't need to know that but I just always feel the need to share it. :(

I can play for your information. Bonehead and McGuigan were shit yes I admit. They were replaced in 1999 by two very good players

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Had a sensational day on the beach outside the Ty Coch Inn at Porthdinllaen today (officially the 3rd best beach bar on the planet, apperently?) but it is pretty special.