Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Beefheart » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Geldof's putting the Rats back together for a tour. :oyea:
Really? How long a set can they get out of that 1 song they do?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Geldof's putting the Rats back together for a tour. :oyea:
Really? How long a set can they get out of that 1 song they do?
And which one song is that? Rat Trap? Mondays? Looking at You? Modern Girl? Like Clockwork? Diamond Smiles? Looking After No 1?

Six excellent albums?

Which "1 song they do" are you referring to? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am

going to Rhodes tomorrow, 5 star all inclusive hotel for 4 days, with THE LADS!

think there might be a wedding in there somewhere tho...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 am

Last day in work today prior to a week in Transylvania :D

Its raining in Transylvania :|
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Last day in work today prior to a week in Transylvania :D

Never mind the weather, you just watch out for those vampires.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Last day in work today prior to a week in Transylvania :D

don't worry.. it won't draculast...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm

According to a book Ive just finished, its not the vampires to be wary of, or even the bears or wolves that abound in the forests. The biggest risk is apparently from the shepherds dogs, most of which are incredibly vicious, being used to fighting off said wolves, and many of which carry rabies and other assorted nasty diseases. Apparently, they kill a couple of tourists a year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:According to a book Ive just finished, its not the vampires to be wary of, or even the bears or wolves that abound in the forests. The biggest risk is apparently from the shepherds dogs, most of which are incredibly vicious, being used to fighting off said wolves, and many of which carry rabies and other assorted nasty diseases. Apparently, they kill a couple of tourists a year.
Keep an eye out for a black coach and horses and don't accept a lift so what you do. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Did it get worse the longer you stayed, were you to lazy to use the recreational facilities, did you want to live in a cardboard box :wink: . Personally I don't think the video did justice to anywhere near just how sh*t Burnley is.
I worked there for three years. The town has some deep seated issues of multiple deprivation, but get out of the centre and it also has some beautiful countryside.

I went to an awards night for work in Burnley, they had a comedian on. Guy on my right turned to the bloke next to him and said "He's alright this comedian int ee" to which he got the deadpan reply "Aye, if you like laughin".

Sort of summed up the town for me.
Where would you put it on your list of sh*tholes England has to offer. For me it is 4th, just in front of Middlesbrough, with Nelson 3rd, Colne2nd and of course the mighty Redcar 1st. Do you feel well off in Burnley being a Bolton lad.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Did it get worse the longer you stayed, were you to lazy to use the recreational facilities, did you want to live in a cardboard box :wink: . Personally I don't think the video did justice to anywhere near just how sh*t Burnley is.
I worked there for three years. The town has some deep seated issues of multiple deprivation, but get out of the centre and it also has some beautiful countryside.

I went to an awards night for work in Burnley, they had a comedian on. Guy on my right turned to the bloke next to him and said "He's alright this comedian int ee" to which he got the deadpan reply "Aye, if you like laughin".

Where would you put it on your list of sh*tholes England has to offer. For me it is 4th, just in front of Middlesbrough, with Nelson 3rd, Colne2nd and of course the mighty Redcar 1st. Do you feel well off in Burnley being a Bolton lad.
Christ Dan, are rough towns your hobby/obsession? And Colne the 2nd roughest? Ive been plenty of times as my mums side of the family lives there and it never struck me as being rough.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Beefheart wrote: Christ Dan, are rough towns your hobby/obsession? And Colne the 2nd roughest? Ive been plenty of times as my mums side of the family lives there and it never struck me as being rough.
Ignore him. He has both Slough and Bracknell on his doorstep. I think it's just a desperate attempt to curry some form of popularity. It's a shame really and one shouldn't mock, difficult though it often is.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:going to Rhodes tomorrow, 5 star all inclusive hotel for 4 days, with THE LADS!

think there might be a wedding in there somewhere tho...
Enjoy! Rhodes is absolutely top. Best holiday I've ever had was in Rhodes Town.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 am

Lufthansa. Im happy about Lufthansa. That is all,

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Lufthansa. Im happy about Lufthansa. That is all,
Splendid airline. I fly with them whenever possible. Them and KLM.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Splendid airline. I fly with them whenever possible.
Agreed, though I witnessed a marvellous piece of Tutonic belligerence at their hands once upon a time ;

I had a 3 hour wait one Sunday evening at Frankfurt. I was on Business Class and went to their exec lounge. I walked in, showed my ticket and was told by a truly severe looking harridan at the reception desk that I'd come was for the First Class lounge and that I should go to the next door along, which was for business.

I apologised and went to the next door where the very same woman swivelled in her chair and proceeded to admit me to the exact same lounge all whilst acting as though she hadn't spoken to me about 20 seconds earlier.

Truly brilliant.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Splendid airline. I fly with them whenever possible.
Agreed, though I witnessed a marvellous piece of Tutonic belligerence at their hands once upon a time ;

I had a 3 hour wait one Sunday evening at Frankfurt. I was on Business Class and went to their exec lounge. I walked in, showed my ticket and was told by a truly severe looking harridan at the reception desk that I'd come was for the First Class lounge and that I should go to the next door along, which was for business.

I apologised and went to the next door where the very same woman swivelled in her chair and proceeded to admit me to the exact same lounge all whilst acting as though she hadn't spoken to me about 20 seconds earlier.

Truly brilliant.
She should have quickly put her hair in a pony tail and put on a cardigan or something and pretended to be her twin

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

You should know, Bobo, there is a right way and a wrong way and, clearly, you transgressed.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Tsp92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tsp92 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Absolutely nothing, the bloody weather is terrible!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Beefheart wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:

Christ Dan, are rough towns your hobby/obsession? And Colne the 2nd roughest? Ive been plenty of times as my mums side of the family lives there and it never struck me as being rough.
I have only ever known one person from Burnley and he said people from Burnley were scared to go to Colne as it was that rough.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote: Christ Dan, are rough towns your hobby/obsession? And Colne the 2nd roughest? Ive been plenty of times as my mums side of the family lives there and it never struck me as being rough.
Ignore him. He has both Slough and Bracknell on his doorstep. I think it's just a desperate attempt to curry some form of popularity. It's a shame really and one shouldn't mock, difficult though it often is.
Firstly your :fishing: . Secondly Bruce both of those towns are considerably more well of than any of the 5 I have named in fact Bracknell was rated the 25th best place to live in England last year so....

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local- ... es-4205053

Great Holland's council estate in Bracknell (the worst bit of Bracknell)

http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q= ... &wc=00MAND not bad eh

Take your pick from Middlesbrough
http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=middlesbrough

A central postcode in Burnley
http://www.uklocalarea.com/stats/q/Trin ... /E01024908

Nelson
http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=BB9+7NS

Colne
http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=BB8+0NG

Now we could both point out that actually these facts from a government quality of life website may be wrong but the signs say Colne is not a very nice place and that Bracknell is quite a nice place to live and than Slough is alright, mind you it also says Redcar is not bad.

tbf Redcar does a bit better than the other 4

http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=TS10+4RL

Even the central postcode in Slough doesn't do to bad

http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=SL1+4BB