Only Connect Two........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Only Connect Two........

Post by mrkint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Things that are overrated? [/fishing]

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Just got this from my mate who was on the winning team of the recent Only Connect series:
Hi - hope all is well with you both. Just messaging you both as I know you both said you were interested in being on Only Connect in the past. I've had an email from one of the producers - they're currently looking for teams for the next season they're filming and they're asking for any recommendations. I know they're partial to teams recommended by previous contestants so if either of you are going to enter a team for next season, let me know and i'll send them an email telling them how wonderful you are. Best,Sam
Thoughts, Kint?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Nope :)
Hendrix/guitar/All along the watchtower/Purple Haze...
cork/stopper
Plymouth,left hand drive
Ramsey's/restaurant?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 pm

So,

We've got;

Hendrix
Cork
Plymouth
And Gordon Ramsay's.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:So,

We've got;

Hendrix
Cork
Plymouth
And Gordon Ramsay's.
I'm no nearer, possibly because about the only thing I know about Gordon Ramsay is that he's a sweary chef. I know a lot about Hendrix, and a little bit about both Cork and Plymouth. I see no connection - I declare myself a failure.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Cork, Plymouth and Ramsay are all sea ports. Hendrix is stumping me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Cork, Plymouth and Ramsay are all sea ports. Hendrix is stumping me.
Very good, Tango. I hadn't thought of that. Anyway, nope.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Cork, Plymouth and Ramsay are all sea ports. Hendrix is stumping me.
Okay, your artistic licence being Hendrix, for "Hendricks", all brands of gin then. :wink:

(Last can be a double answer as there are both Ramsay's and Gordon's gin...I think..)

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Just got this from my mate who was on the winning team of the recent Only Connect series:
Hi - hope all is well with you both. Just messaging you both as I know you both said you were interested in being on Only Connect in the past. I've had an email from one of the producers - they're currently looking for teams for the next season they're filming and they're asking for any recommendations. I know they're partial to teams recommended by previous contestants so if either of you are going to enter a team for next season, let me know and i'll send them an email telling them how wonderful you are. Best,Sam
Thoughts, Kint?
Oh hello.

Sounds good to me, mother. You still up for a shot at glory? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Okay, your artistic licence being Hendrix, for "Hendricks", all brands of gin then. :wink:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Well done, Tango. They are indeed. :)

PS. Sea ports is a belting idea but I'd struggle to think up clues for Nhava Sheva, Mombasa and Qinghuangdao ;)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:But you've inspired me.
Here's one for you to be getting on with. I expect it to be solved almost instantly 8)

What's the connection... either as a city or a drug?
come on then... just say what you see (as they say on some other TV programme).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:22 pm

pairs? idk

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

mrkint wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Just got this from my mate who was on the winning team of the recent Only Connect series:
Thoughts, Kint?
Oh hello.

Well.... insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Now, while you, Pru and I didn't disgrace ourselves, and made a good attempt at arguing that at least one of us was born a middle-aged conservative, I just don't think that formula is going to cut it.

I think you think like they do (a frightening thought) and you need at least one older head (by at least 20 years, preferably more) alongside you.

On that basis, I would sub out either me or Pru and drop someone like LLS or Bobo in, if they were up for having a go and making the time.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Knife
Fork
Bottle
Cork

No idea :(

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 pm

A song or nursery rhyme?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Oh dear, maybe I misjudged my target audience... the clues all point to a song, if you sing it correctly. Maybe you've all never heard the song!

I'll put the answer in white

"A knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way we spell New York, Jim." from " Cocaine In My Brain" by Dillinger.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:29 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
mrkint wrote:
Thoughts, Kint?
Oh hello.

Well.... insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Now, while you, Pru and I didn't disgrace ourselves, and made a good attempt at arguing that at least one of us was born a middle-aged conservative, I just don't think that formula is going to cut it.

I think you think like they do (a frightening thought) and you need at least one older head (by at least 20 years, preferably more) alongside you.

On that basis, I would sub out either me or Pru and drop someone like LLS or Bobo in, if they were up for having a go and making the time.
Well, I'll volunteer Bobo for you, he was keen.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oh dear, maybe I misjudged my target audience... the clues all point to a song, if you sing it correctly. Maybe you've all never heard the song!

I'll put the answer in white

"A knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way we spell New York, Jim." from " Cocaine In My Brain" by Dillinger.
Never heard of it. :|

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
mrkint wrote:
Thoughts, Kint?
Oh hello.

You sure dude? I don't really crave success just want to have a go and that, and don't see any harm in the same peeps applying. However, happy to bow to the consensus on this. It's only a game as they say

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm

^ monty's your man - he knows about just about everything! fly him in! :-)