The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by ChrisC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Athers wrote:2013 was decent imo! But no-one plays it anymore so no-one knew

I just could never get into Fifa, seemed like all stupid tricks and easy chipped finishes!!
I never owned PES2013 but borrowed it from a friend for a week and didn't mind it however the current one is being called the worst football game ever produced as part of the Fifa or PES label. Can see Konami binning PES next year.
Bollocks. I've got PES14 and it's absolutely epic.

Fifa 14 8/10

Pes14 9/10

Official reviews via Eurogamer.
Plenty more reviews put FIFA 14 streets ahead of PES 14. Are they all right aswell then? :wink:

Reviews are bollocks and the opinion of the person writing it.

FIFA outsells PES every year. That's the only stat needed. PES use to be amazing back in the day, but it is shockingly bad now.
Yeah, And? Justin Bieber outsells countless better artists on a regular basis so I don't really see the point you're trying to make mate.

Fifa is a good game, But since PES 13, and indeed this year it has fallen behind gameplay wise.

I've played both extensively every year for 15 years now. PES 14 is bloody amazing and unless you've actually played it for more than 5 minutes like the usual turds who try and tell me it's crap without even trying it, You can shove your opinion where the sun don't shine. :wink:

I play every PES every year along with FIFA before deciding which to get. Some years I get both just for a change up every now and again. I'm not one of these "turds" who slags something off because I am a fan boy of a different game. FIFA is the better game this year IMO and has been for a good while now IMO.

Each to their own as they say 8)

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am

So you mean you play the demos? You do realise they don't represent the final games?

I'm asking this because you say you try both before deciding which to get....??
Last edited by IggyTheDawgster on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:09 am

IggyTheDawgster wrote:So you mean you play the demos? You do realise they don't represent the final games?

I'm asking this because you say you try both before deciding which to get....??
Yes I do realise they are not the final build :D

I usually get early access to the full FIFA game for free with my EA season ticket. With PES I usually rent it from Blockbuster on release or just buy it if it's cheap on release and then sell if I don't like it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Iggy, I was always a Pro Evo die hard, but a couple recently (12 and 13?) had me going mental. Every game against another human would end up about 8-8 because you could get certain players with that ridiculous dribbling technique and you couldn't tackle them. All well and good when it's Messi, fecking infuriating when it's fecking Varela.

FIFA still has its own age old problems, aimed at fan boys, too many skillz, too obsessed with showing how they've nailed Rooney's volleying technique by giving it to a right-back from Torquay. It made me less angry though.

Tempted to get the new Pro Evo given what folk on here have said though. I'm guessing it's still only the Prermiership (English League) though? I can't be us?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:Iggy, I was always a Pro Evo die hard, but a couple recently (12 and 13?) had me going mental. Every game against another human would end up about 8-8 because you could get certain players with that ridiculous dribbling technique and you couldn't tackle them. All well and good when it's Messi, fecking infuriating when it's fecking Varela.

FIFA still has its own age old problems, aimed at fan boys, too many skillz, too obsessed with showing how they've nailed Rooney's volleying technique by giving it to a right-back from Torquay. It made me less angry though.

Tempted to get the new Pro Evo given what folk on here have said though. I'm guessing it's still only the Prermiership (English League) though? I can't be us?
Correct, With Manchester United being the only official team until the option files drop.

Give PES 14 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm loving it more than Fifa 13, and Apparently Fifa 14 is much of the same. I haven't got my hands on it yet.

Paul Potts intro song is epic on PES14 :D

Your right analogue stick is now used for holding off players and shoulder charging when on/off the ball, It's ingenius and works brilliantly, It's been re built from the ground up using Konamis new "Fox Engine" (Same as what's powering the new Metal Gear Solid) and is visually very good with slick animation and excellent ball physics.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Iggy, I was always a Pro Evo die hard, but a couple recently (12 and 13?) had me going mental. Every game against another human would end up about 8-8 because you could get certain players with that ridiculous dribbling technique and you couldn't tackle them. All well and good when it's Messi, fecking infuriating when it's fecking Varela.

Correct, With Manchester United being the only official team until the option files drop.

Give PES 14 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm loving it more than Fifa 13, and Apparently Fifa 14 is much of the same. I haven't got my hands on it yet.

Your right analogue stick is now used for holding off players and shoulder charging when on/off the ball, It's ingenius and works brilliantly, It's been re built from the ground up using Konamis new "Fox Engine" (Same as what's powering the new Metal Gear Solid) and is visually very good with slick animation and excellent ball physics.
Might have a look at PES14 at some point (as I have with all the rest) but since 2008 it has been Fifa for me as they have all been far better than the PES at the time. The PES with Colina on was the last one to be better than its equivalent Fifa for my money.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Tempted. How much are games normally to rent?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:33 pm

PC1978 wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:

Might have a look at PES14 at some point (as I have with all the rest) but since 2008 it has been Fifa for me as they have all been far better than the PES at the time. The PES with Colina on was the last one to be better than its equivalent Fifa for my money.
Totally agree, Since PES 13 though I've enjoyed it far more than Fifa, It just feels more like a natural game of football rather than stupidly paced wingers and chipped through balls over static defenders ala Fifa.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

never played PES, and i got bored of fifa when they stopped you scoring from the halfway line, scything players off the ball and beating teams 28-0.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:59 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:never played PES, and i got bored of fifa when they stopped you scoring from the halfway line, scything players off the ball and beating teams 28-0.
When they stopped doing that was when I started playing Fifa! :wink:
Before then it was either Sensi, Kick Off then onto ISS/PES.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:23 pm

I will be getting Championship manager as per usual unless something more appealing comes out.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I will be getting Championship manager as per usual unless something more appealing comes out.
Watch out that your 'friends' don't hack the database again.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 am

Can't get into full flow on PES2014 yet so don't know if I like it or not. The through ball system and having to play the way you're facing all the time feels like a really major change. I always used little through balls to knit stuff together in midfield but that and the one-touch play isn't as easy anymore.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Walking Dead Episode One is currently free on XBLA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walkin ... ideo_game)

Great game this.
Businesswoman of the year.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:30 am

Dear Chris,

Thank you for pre-ordering Xbox One with us. We are delighted to inform you that we can guarantee your Xbox One 'Day One' edition console for launch on 22nd November!

While your pre-order is secured for release we have now sold out of the 'Day One' edition console and as a result you will no longer be able to swap to an alternative 'Day One' edition bundle. Please do not cancel your pre-order if you would like an Xbox One for launch as pre-orders cannot be re-instated once cancelled.

---------------------------

Might have to take the day off in November 8)

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:05 pm

ChrisC wrote:Dear Chris,

Thank you for pre-ordering Xbox One with us. We are delighted to inform you that we can guarantee your Xbox One 'Day One' edition console for launch on 22nd November!

While your pre-order is secured for release we have now sold out of the 'Day One' edition console and as a result you will no longer be able to swap to an alternative 'Day One' edition bundle. Please do not cancel your pre-order if you would like an Xbox One for launch as pre-orders cannot be re-instated once cancelled.

---------------------------

Might have to take the day off in November 8)
My fella has taken the week off! :roll:

I've managed to persuade him to buy me Just Dance for it though so I'm happy!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:32 am

New story trailer for RYSE Son of Rome on the Xbox One. If this doesn't make you want to bin your 360 then nothing will :lol:

Looks stunning!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 pm

In fairness, this was the one that looked standout to me. I would say though, that good graphics and shit gameplay do not a good game make. :-)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:In fairness, this was the one that looked standout to me. I would say though, that good graphics and shit gameplay do not a good game make. :-)

I wasn't aiming it at the overall game :D more showing the graphics capable on the new Xbox 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:35 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:In fairness, this was the one that looked standout to me. I would say though, that good graphics and shit gameplay do not a good game make. :-)

I wasn't aiming it at the overall game :D more showing the graphics capable on the new Xbox 8)
Yes, but great graphics and a load of shite games wouldn't make me switch consoles. That would be pointless.

The PS4 has better graphics capability than the XBOX ONE, by some distance.