General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:36 pm

talking of bicycles...

as i was waiting for all the cars to feck off so i could take that photo on the photo thread - up trolleys a bloke on one of these with the same idea in mind...

a "fat bike"

the tyres are HUGE!! looked fecking daft on the road... he told me that the tyre pressure is summat like 60psi - so the tyres are squashy and fat like a tractor so they go over anything - including sand-dunes.. I asked if there is not huge drag on tarmac - and he said no, it's surprisingly quick on the road.. i think I had a sceptical look on my face...

anyway - i overtook him in the car a few mins later - he was pushing it up a mild-incline of a hill! 8)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 pm

thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:That was a cold bike ride this morning....lost the feeling in my fingers, so gave up after only 8 miles.....
ANSWER: get a motorbike with heated grips! you can go faster, further and keep your fingers warm!
No, I'd probably end up killing myself on a motorbike......
give a man a bicycle you'll keep him cold for 8miles... give a man a motorbike and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life (all 8miles of it..)
.........and I've just noticed that a local car dealer has a rather lovely FJr1300 for sale at next to nowt. Now, if only I can find a garage to hide it in.............
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Bijou Bob wrote: .........and I've just noticed that a local car dealer has a rather lovely FJr1300 for sale at next to nowt. Now, if only I can find a garage to hide it in.............

:D - go on - you know you want to!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:44 pm

I do. Not Mrs Bob however, has an entirely different take on things.....
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 am

apparently Tom Daley is gay... who'd have guessed!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 am

:D

Thought this was an odd quote though,

"Of course I still fancy girls but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier."
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am

Prufrock wrote::D

"Of course I still fancy girls but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier."
So, saying he's Bi, I guess.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 am

Aye, and no doubt it's just a verbal tic/the way he talks, but the 'of course' sounded odd is all.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 am

mrkint wrote:a question i should google and will but wanted to ask...

what's the protocol for getting 'old' injuries checked out? Played football a couple of weeks ago and landed on my hand, was pretty sure i'd broken my finger but gave it a day to see how it was. Seemed fine the day after apart from being a bit achy so just thought nowt of it. Been nearly two weeks now though and it's still bothersome: It'll hurt if i pick up anything of a decent weight with my left hand and when i curl (is that the right term) my finger up tight the top of the knuckles aches quite a bit.

I ask as obviously it's not an A+E job, but i would wonder if a GP would even bother with something like that? I dunno, it'll probably go away tomorrow.
Try getting a stress ball, I used one for 'physio' on an old finger break I did nothing about at the time which subsequently re-healed slightly skew-whiff. It worked for me anyroad..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Prufrock wrote::D

So, saying he's Bi, I guess.
Hmm. Is that sh*tty diving show due another run or summat?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I see that Bobo's keeping himself busy. ;)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/108 ... Radcliffe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that Bobo's keeping himself busy. ;)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/108 ... Radcliffe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A spokesperson for GMP Bury South said ".... it isn’t against the law to dress up as a clown ...". So there !!!

And, as for "offences for alarming, harassing or distressing members of the public" ... there's plenty others on here guilty of that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazin ... r-25185725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saw this picture and thought of Bruce and GG...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:32 pm

How on Earth does anyone who works in a shop not lose their mind at Christmas. I just went to buy something from Next and was greeted by some horrible Christmas song. It was annoying enough for this grinch but I bet the CD has been on loop all day.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Athers wrote:How on Earth does anyone who works in a shop not lose their mind at Christmas. I just went to buy something from Next and was greeted by some horrible Christmas song. It was annoying enough for this grinch but I bet the CD has been on loop all day.
I'm sure Panorama could stretch that into a half an hour programme about working conditions.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Athers wrote:How on Earth does anyone who works in a shop not lose their mind at Christmas. I just went to buy something from Next and was greeted by some horrible Christmas song. It was annoying enough for this grinch but I bet the CD has been on loop all day.
It gets to the point you do actually want to kill people....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Oddly enough one tends to, so to speak, tune it out - a bit like people who live near airports never hear the plane landing, while there guests think there has been an earthquake. Humans are very adaptable.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:02 pm

...there guests, Monty? Demerit. (suffering seasonal stress syndrome no doubt).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm

It wasn't just Christmas. We used to get a tape at the start of the month, about two hours of music, and that was that for a month. It wasn't great to be honest; you know when you listen to an album so much that the end of one song blends into the beginning of the next and so when you hear the first song independently your brain starts to play the second song at the end? Yes? Well, I find myself beginning to sing the start of an inane R&B song every time I hear the end of one of the other inane R&B songs that we had on those tapes. Anyway, it wasn't all bad, I suppose it's like break-time in prison: the arrival of 'the new tape' became a big thing. Most of the music was shit, but I think whoever put it together actually had a decent taste in music, but had to pander to his audience, so amongst the Nelly and Timbaland shoite you'd get occasional gems like a Biffy Infinity Land album track (in JD fecking Sports) and a fair smattering of indie.

Then Xmas came, and two hours of Xmas songs on repeat. Customers often asked whether it did our tits in, but it was really no different than usual.

We loved hating that tape, but a few months before I left they changed to an MP3 system with about 500 songs on, apparently to make it better. The problem was, that NEVER got updated. 500 songs isn't actually that many when you hear them on shuffle for 4 months.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazin ... r-25185725

Saw this picture and thought of Bruce and GG...
Hmmmm...