What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Just back from Chiquitos at Middlebrook.....really enjoyed it.....
Love Mexican food, but always avoided this place as it's a chain. After Wahaca darn Sarf, it's gonna have to be good. Worth the visit?
I used to work in one in Birmingham during my student days, and it is pre-packaged stuff that comes in vacuum packs and requires no more skill than a Big Mac to prepare. As such i consider it to be over-priced for what it is. However it was a pleasant enough place and tasted really good, so I'd give it a go. They have plenty special offers going on.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Just back from Chiquitos at Middlebrook.....really enjoyed it.....
Love Mexican food, but always avoided this place as it's a chain. After Wahaca darn Sarf, it's gonna have to be good. Worth the visit?
It may not be up to your standards....
Trust me Grunty. I have no standards. :wink: If it's good, it's good. I'll give it a whirl and blame you if it's shit. :)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Shit........:D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm

I've started something with the field trip joke! Balls to you sophisticated europhiles. I'm going to Redcar with Dan.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:William - I'm not doing a day trip anywhere. Let's be clear on this! ;)
Not even to Redcar :cry: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Out of interest Bruce how big is the market for what you can use to test traces of pollutants or drugs on a substance?
I'm not sure that there's any market for it all. We use the same test procedures that the Police use. As I said before, we need to be able to guarantee our products against that that they're actually up against under specific exposure. So it's vital that we know what it is that we're buying in the first place. Not what someone on a passing train might imagine!
:crazy: , but the person on the train is so much more accurate than scientific observations that will have been tested 1000s of times. :) .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
It may not be up to your standards....
Trust me Grunty. I have no standards. :wink: If it's good, it's good. I'll give it a whirl and blame you if it's shit. :)
I take it back Burt has not changed you at all. Tonge and proud :D .

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Was just put through to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

warning: don't view if you have a weak stomach, or don't want to see duck embryos...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:09 pm

made soup today for a lunchtime event - looked up quickest and easiest recipe i could find - this one:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1651 ... heel-rolls (I didn't do the rolls) - but - feck me - totally easy - amazingly quick - startlingly cheap - and bloody tasty!! winner! :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:14 pm

mrkint wrote:Was just put through to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

warning: don't view if you have a weak stomach, or don't want to see duck embryos...
I seem to remember something fo this sort on An Idiot Abroad. Looks vile.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Going back to basics tonight - the missus has rustled up an Irish stew (which I haven't had in years). Shall be having it with home made chips. Looking forward to it very much.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:46 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Going back to basics tonight - the missus has rustled up an Irish stew (which I haven't had in years). Shall be having it with home made chips. Looking forward to it very much.
Irish stew part two tonight, this time with home made bread and local farm made butter made from milk from cows I've actually spoken to (usually, although not exclusively, in a brusque "get out of the way" patter. No I don't know their names, but 178 is the one who quite often obstinately blocks the path).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:52 am

thebish wrote:made soup today for a lunchtime event - looked up quickest and easiest recipe i could find - this one:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1651 ... heel-rolls (I didn't do the rolls) - but - feck me - totally easy - amazingly quick - startlingly cheap - and bloody tasty!! winner! :-)
on the back of this post i rustled some up last night. lovely stuff! and enough for lunch today too :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 am

Was telling Girl Friday that whenever I've had a blast at Goulash, it's turned out disappointing.

So, she sent me this which she absolutely assures me is both a piece of piss and excellent.

Right up my street then.

Something to help ease this Saturday's Doncaster doldrums.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/613294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 am

Going to put the cooking class I had in Thailand to use this afternoon and rustle up a Thai red curry :)

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 am

Lunch date at The Olive Press on Nelson Square with an old colleague. Good food and a natter.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Going to put the cooking class I had in Thailand to use this afternoon and rustle up a Thai red curry :)
So, let me get this right - you live where it's hotter than the hearth places of Hell, yet you're making a Thai curry?! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Going to put the cooking class I had in Thailand to use this afternoon and rustle up a Thai red curry :)
So, let me get this right - you live where it's hotter than the hearth places of Hell, yet you're making a Thai curry?! :?
It's a pleasant 26c this afternoon, what is classed as good weather here :) Humidity is quite high this week though :(

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Spicy food and cold beer are the perfect accompaniment on a hot day.. Get's the little sweat beads poking through just enough to cool you down a little
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 pm

mrkint wrote:
thebish wrote:made soup today for a lunchtime event - looked up quickest and easiest recipe i could find - this one:

on the back of this post i rustled some up last night. lovely stuff! and enough for lunch today too :)

cool! 8)