Winter ashes...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Winter ashes...

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Well, that didn't go down so well, did it? Johnson had a very good test but England have played against him befor when he hasn't done that. No use crying about it. Get out there and even the score lads.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Dujon wrote:That's not at all unusual, Worthy. It always seemed to me the last time Australia were running rampant that one or two batsmen or bowlers made the difference (although not always the same men). It's probably always been so. This time it was Haddin and Johnson putting together a decent partnership in the first innings. Johnson and Harris bowling well in England's first dig. Then Clarke and Warner, well supported by others, in their second.

Broad and Anderson were terrific in Australia's first. Poor Swann got belted around the park as though he was a tyro in both innings, so I've no idea what happened there. At 24-2 I suppose it's going to be a battle for survival for England. Then again you just never know given that KP, Cook, Bell and company have so much talent. Today will be nothing if not interesting.
Why have you underlined their over there Monty.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:51 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Dujon wrote:That's not at all unusual, Worthy. It always seemed to me the last time Australia were running rampant that one or two batsmen or bowlers made the difference (although not always the same men). It's probably always been so. This time it was Haddin and Johnson putting together a decent partnership in the first innings. Johnson and Harris bowling well in England's first dig. Then Clarke and Warner, well supported by others, in their second.

Broad and Anderson were terrific in Australia's first. Poor Swann got belted around the park as though he was a tyro in both innings, so I've no idea what happened there. At 24-2 I suppose it's going to be a battle for survival for England. Then again you just never know given that KP, Cook, Bell and company have so much talent. Today will be nothing if not interesting.
Oh dear. :lol:

May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

I didn't - ask the Ozzie.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

Oh dear. :lol:

Monty also known as Dujon. :oops: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Easy to confuse two 69 year-old ex pats I suppose.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Ditto. I'm not offended, Dan, as I think I've made a misidentification on the odd occasion.

The reason for the underlining was to highlight/stress whose innings it was to which I was referring. It can be confusing to the reader without it.

Well, it finished up a bit of a mess. What an extraordinary result. My favourite moment is the catch taken by Chris Sabburg who, if the commentators are to be believed, was participating in his first first-class game. If he never puts a foot onto a cricket field again I'll bet that he will never, ever, forget that moment. Watching KP wandering back to the pavilion must have sent the adrenalin coursing through his body.

After a hit and giggle game in Alice Springs it's off to Adelaide.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:19 am

SSN Breaking News:

Trott pulls out of series with stress related illness.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Dujon wrote:Ditto. I'm not offended, Dan, as I think I've made a misidentification on the odd occasion.
The reason for the underlining was to highlight/stress whose innings it was to which I was referring. It can be confusing to the reader without it.

Well, it finished up a bit of a mess. What an extraordinary result. My favourite moment is the catch taken by Chris Sabburg who, if the commentators are to be believed, was participating in his first first-class game. If he never puts a foot onto a cricket field again I'll bet that he will never, ever, forget that moment. Watching KP wandering back to the pavilion must have sent the adrenalin coursing through his body.

After a hit and giggle game in Alice Springs it's off to Adelaide.
Sorry non the less mate. As for the news on Trott, who would you like to see come in and replace him.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Aye, sad news. I wish him well with recovery. If the rumour mill is correct then it appears that he's suffering from clinical depression. Reading over the years informs me that is a dreadful illness. Chin up, Jonathan, millions of cricket fans are with you in spirit.

A replacement, Dan? I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest of ideas. Keeping up with the local players is difficult enough without adding all your county men to the list. :smile:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Dujon wrote:Aye, sad news. I wish him well with recovery. If the rumour mill is correct then it appears that he's suffering from clinical depression. Reading over the years informs me that is a dreadful illness. Chin up, Jonathan, millions of cricket fans are with you in spirit.

A replacement, Dan? I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest of ideas. Keeping up with the local players is difficult enough without adding all your county men to the list. :smile:
:lmfao:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Well, I fecking take it back about Michael Clarke being a nice chap!

I'm all for sledging when there's a bit of guile to it, but that was just witless wankerdom.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:Well, I fecking take it back about Michael Clarke being a nice chap!

I'm all for sledging when there's a bit of guile to it, but that was just witless wankerdom.
The only answer is to beat the crap out of them on the field, if our heads go it will be a disaster.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 pm

ok - here we go again! like we need more depressing sporting news!!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I will skip this one.

Last time down under I avoided it and we won, the time before I watched some of it and we got stuffed.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:05 pm

If root bats at three I will be a bit angry

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 pm

mrkint wrote:If root bats at three I will be a bit angry
Why's that? I'm not sure I'd shift Bell, as he was bagging hatfuls at 5...

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Coverage is starting right now!..... But Tom & Jerry is on the telly :(

Son has to watch it!!!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Because he hasn't got the head for it, for me. Would have bell there anyway, seeing as he's one of the few who can weather storms.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:19 pm

From memory it seems ages since Australia fielded the same team as they did in a preceding test match.

Don't worry, 2399, you are probably watching the television coverage. You will be watching and listening to what seems like interminable pontifications, and lots of ads, before the game gets under way. T&J are probably better value. :smile: