What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:What page is Bruce Goulash recipe on...?
It's here.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/613294

Oh, I should add that I improvised with;

3 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped - Used a half a tin of chopped tomatoes, and -

50 g piquillo red peppers, from a jar, cut into strips - Bought a jar of roasted red peppers instead (no idea what piquillo peppers are).

Also, I used normal paprika but it'd definitely benefit for 'smoked'.
Didn't add anything, but did toy with the idea of adding a splash of red wine. Piquillo peppers looked just like roasted red peppers to my untrained eye. Found them in Home Bargains for 79p for a jar of about 200g.

The tomatoes didn't seem to add up to much when peeled and deseeded. Might try the tinned version next time.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote: Didn't add anything, but did toy with the idea of adding a splash of red wine. Piquillo peppers looked just like roasted red peppers to my untrained eye. Found them in Home Bargains for 79p for a jar of about 200g.

The tomatoes didn't seem to add up to much when peeled and deseeded. Might try the tinned version next time.
We did right, mate. A 220g jar of piquillo peppers from Ocadao = £4.95. That's dearer than the fecking beef :shock:

Yes, absolutely agree with the red wine addition too (But then I would ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimmyjjohn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmyjjohn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:34 am

Oh it's perfect. Absolutely perfect. Chin-chin.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 am

To steel myself for the two-day onslaught of Turkey-with-all-the-trimmings, I'm doing us a proper meal this evening.

So we're having Foie Gras and home made cherry jam, with a bottle of Plageoles Ondenc doux, followed by Cod loin with roasted Scallops and Lobster, White Asparagus and Samphire. Accompanied by a very nice bottle of Cauhape Jurancon Sec.

Its what Jesus would have wanted.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 pm

fish pie - fresh fish from Brixham docks... yum!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Well, we'll be continuing our family tradition of takeaway pizza on Xmas Eve, then go out for pizza on Boxing Day. Pretty sure that's in the Bibble.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:To steel myself for the two-day onslaught of Turkey-with-all-the-trimmings, I'm doing us a proper meal this evening.

So we're having Foie Gras and home made cherry jam, with a bottle of Plageoles Ondenc doux, followed by Cod loin with roasted Scallops and Lobster, White Asparagus and Samphire. Accompanied by a very nice bottle of Cauhape Jurancon Sec.

Gaaawwwwjus.

I've been asked, by way of my contribution to the party food to provide sausage rolls (for the kids? yeah, yeah) and mince pies - neither of which I've ever made before. Here are the first of the sausage rolls.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Looking good Bruce. Hard part is to not eat them all before delivery!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Looking good Bruce. Hard part is to not eat them all before delivery!
For quality control purposes there are now two less than you see on the rack there. Perhaps I'd better nip them up there this evening :oops:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Looking good Bruce. Hard part is to not eat them all before delivery!
For quality control purposes there are now two less than you see on the rack there. Perhaps I'd better nip them up there this evening :oops:
You can't take 13 !! At least make it the dozen.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:To steel myself for the two-day onslaught of Turkey-with-all-the-trimmings, I'm doing us a proper meal this evening.

Gaaawwwwjus.

I've been asked, by way of my contribution to the party food to provide sausage rolls (for the kids? yeah, yeah) and mince pies - neither of which I've ever made before. Here are the first of the sausage rolls.

Homemade Bruce? Kudos.........

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:48 am

Going to be different this year, todays dinner is going to be a curry in celebration of the great diversity in the UK. (That plus I baulked at the price of the oversized chickens!)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:37 am

After walking the spaniels down the prom and on the beach, only fresh coffee and a bacon butty will do. With Reggae Reggae sauce obviously.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 am

Bijou Bob wrote:After walking the spaniels down the prom and on the beach, only fresh coffee and a bacon butty will do. With Reggae Reggae sauce obviously.
Already done that....triple decker with brown sauce.....lovely....

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:59 am

Sausage butty with wholegrain mustard here. Looking forward to an Innis and Gunn treacle porter later on.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Just washed down the insides of Erica. Her liver, kidneys, heart, gizzard, head and feet are currently be boiled up for the stock. Cheers Erica, I salute you. (the missus will do the cooking but she refuses the butchery and offal preparation).
Anyway, free range organic personally known duck... can food get any better than that.?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:41 pm

I haven't eaten anything yet, in preperation for all that's about to come. At my brother's this avo with our family + SiL's family. They're Italian/Spanish, and as such, Christmas lunch/dinner is several courses taken over about four hours. fecking wonderful. :oyea:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Little Green Man wrote: Looking forward to an Innis and Gunn treacle porter later on.
Wasn't bad - preferred the Adnams Broadside though. A bit of Aldi Malbec and some port to follow.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Feeling a bit bloated after Christmas at the daughters, all the usual suspects, prawn cocktail and brown bread starters turkey, ham, roast spuds , carrots, sprouts (for those who wanted them, can't stand them myself) stuffing, apple sauce etc etc, home made trifle, a couple of beers and a few bacardi and lemonades with mint and lime. All on top of the Christmas morning bacon sandwiches. It was never going to be a late do because we had to leave the dog. He wasn't very happy us going and greeted us like we'd been away for a week when we got home..

Realaxing at home with a large mug of tea now, might find room for a turkey and mustard sandwich before bedtime, and looking forward to a chill out day and the match tomorrow. Been a decent day, our first Christmas as great grandparents. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:48 am

Round at Mother in Laws. Wonderful turkey dinner - not had turkey for donkey's as "we always have turkey". So made a pleasant change. Drank nowt but bubbly stuff all day, now have enough wind to fly a kite. Happily now watching the cricket, having managed to miss the shite normally served up on telly.