What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 am

We're having the full Christmas bifta today. We didn't get back from doing the rounds til nearly eight last night; far too late to start cooking so we just had turkey butties then sent the kids to bed.

I hadn't had a fecking drink all day either. What's that all about?
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Boxing Day is the Wife's day ( she deserves it for all the running round she did up to and including yesterday). Her idea of chilling is to sit back with Baileys and ice surounded by chocs and stuff and doing a telly catch up etc. Mine is walking the dog then enduring two hous of gut twisting anxiety listening to the Whites Christmas pantomime performed outdoors on a foreign field with the fans chanting "Oh no he isn't" and Dougie insisting "Oh yes he is". I might try a tot of Spanish brandy in my Wanderers mug though as a consolation. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Not something we do often but having a curry delivered. Adnan Manzil (Chorlton) doing the honours in about half an hour. Bring it on!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:07 pm

clapton is god wrote:Not something we do often but having a curry delivered. Adnan Manzil (Chorlton) doing the honours in about half an hour. Bring it on!

Mmmm I quite fancy a curry now

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:00 pm

clapton is god wrote:Not something we do often but having a curry delivered. Adnan Manzil (Chorlton) doing the honours in about half an hour. Bring it on!
Was going to do the chicken, green olive and lemon dish in the tagine tonight, but the chicken pieces have only just defrosted suitably. Therefor, a 9" Seafood Delight with garlic mushrooms and a garlic mayo dip are winging their way from Amigo's as I type. Image
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Back on the post Christmas healthy eating plan I see Bruce!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Back on the post Christmas healthy eating plan I see Bruce!
Post New Year, mate. New Year. ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:47 am

i think i need a couple of days NOT eating - i'm so bloated!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 am

Went to Worsley old hall yesterday. Had a £3m transformation under new ownership.

Beautiful place and it was hammered. Relaxed though, but hammered all the same. Food was fairly expensive, but really very good.

For starters we had Pigeon breast with a beetroot risotto (nat) and 5 spiced pork belly with oriental salad (me)

Mains: Haddock and chips (decent, but hardly set the world on fire, thought the minted mushy peas and tartar sauce was belting) and Chicken breast in some mushroom pasta ribbon things, which she reckons was great.

There was about 18 of us who went and the service was grand. Really recommend it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am

boltonboris wrote:Went to Worsley old hall yesterday. Had a £3m transformation under new ownership.

Beautiful place and it was hammered. Relaxed though, but hammered all the same. Food was fairly expensive, but really very good.

For starters we had Pigeon breast with a beetroot risotto (nat) and 5 spiced pork belly with oriental salad (me)

Mains: Haddock and chips (decent, but hardly set the world on fire, thought the minted mushy peas and tartar sauce was belting) and Chicken breast in some mushroom pasta ribbon things, which she reckons was great.

There was about 18 of us who went and the service was grand. Really recommend it
I'll put it on the list - was thinking of going on Boxing Day, but never quite got round to it...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Went to Worsley old hall yesterday. Had a £3m transformation under new ownership.

I'll put it on the list - was thinking of going on Boxing Day, but never quite got round to it...
Last time I went they'd turned it into one of those Brewer's Fayre jobbies. It was dreadful.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah, it's not that anymore..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Last time I went they'd turned it into one of those Brewer's Fayre jobbies. It was dreadful.
Yeah - I never bothered with it when they did that...they've recently put out leaflets etc. announcing the big re-opening as a "Brunning and Price" pub...

http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/worsleyoldhall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yeah, it's not that anymore..

Clearly not. Just clicked on Worthy's link and had a sken at the menu. Your pigeon breast followed by Grilled sea bass fillets with crab, parsley and lemon cake, char grilled fennel and pea sauce would see my box most firmly ticked. :)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm

We are stioll snacking our way through the remnants of Christmas. Like today was ham sandwiches and cauliflower bhajis... and that was just breakfast...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:20 pm

San Miguel at the minute.......

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Water, just water and resolve. Still rough from yesterday and last night. I don't even remember going to bed.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Just managed tea and toast. Today I have learned that a combination of beer, white wine, peach schnapps and champagne is not a good one. Coupled with the fact that I didn't get any sleep whatsoever, thanks to a manipulative, highly strung woman and her knobhead boyfriend has almost finished me off. In short, i'm fecked!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Just managed tea and toast. Today I have learned that a combination of beer, white wine, peach schnapps and champagne is not a good one. Coupled with the fact that I didn't get any sleep whatsoever, thanks to a manipulative, highly strung woman and her knobhead boyfriend has almost finished me off. In short, i'm fecked!
No, no, no, no, no. That won't do at all.

Details. We need details.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:57 pm

^^

Keep 'em coming fellas. Making me feel better. :-)