Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I have to say I'm glad I was in academe where one is allowed a slightly rumpled look. I never ironed a shirt even once in the fifty years since I left home (and nor did the women I married). If, as I understand it, it takes some three minutes to iron a shirt (twice the Bobo estimate) and one wears five shirts a week, this if fifteen minutes a week ironing or one hour a month. One hour per month means one day every two years, or 25 full 24-hr days in fifty years that I have not spent ironing. I have no regrets.... :wink:
I bet you didn't use deodorant either
You'd lose that bet, jaffka. Back around 1960 when I was still in England, we did wear the same shirt for several days just changing the collar and/or cuffs. Deodorant was important then and remained so ever since. I'm glad times have changed. There is, however, a difference between a dirty shirt and one that is not ironed.
if a shirt looks scruffy, it looks dirty and that applies to the person wearing it

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:More tickrd off.

I came down to that London yesterday. Meetings yesterday and lots today. All went well till I arrived at Euston to find NO Virgin trsins running to the North West. Not least coz they aren't heading South either
Crewe station's roof has lifted and a small fire started.

So, Nil desperandum est .... came down Southampton Row and booked a room before the hordes come to do the same. I was quoted £299 !!!! Room only. I eventually settled at £125 witj breakfast. Still not what I'd planned for. Nice room though.
Have they included your laundry in with that or are you going to step out looking like a bag of washing, as usual, with the same scruds and socks that you've had on all day today? :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:29 pm

jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I have to say I'm glad I was in academe where one is allowed a slightly rumpled look. I never ironed a shirt even once in the fifty years since I left home (and nor did the women I married). If, as I understand it, it takes some three minutes to iron a shirt (twice the Bobo estimate) and one wears five shirts a week, this if fifteen minutes a week ironing or one hour a month. One hour per month means one day every two years, or 25 full 24-hr days in fifty years that I have not spent ironing. I have no regrets.... :wink:
You'd lose that bet, jaffka. Back around 1960 when I was still in England, we did wear the same shirt for several days just changing the collar and/or cuffs. Deodorant was important then and remained so ever since. I'm glad times have changed. There is, however, a difference between a dirty shirt and one that is not ironed.
if a shirt looks scruffy, it looks dirty and that applies to the person wearing it
If you equate un-ironed as dirty and ironed as clean, you may apply whatever stereotypes you like to a person.What this may have to do with deodorant I cannot imagine beyond attempting some sort of gratuitous insult towards me. I do not worry since I look clean, if not creaseless, and smell nice enough so I'm told.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I came down to that London yesterday. Meetings yesterday and lots today. All went well till I arrived at Euston to find NO Virgin trsins running to the North West. Not least coz they aren't heading South either

So, Nil desperandum est .... came down Southampton Row and booked a room before the hordes come to do the same. I was quoted £299 !!!! Room only. I eventually settled at £125 witj breakfast. Still not what I'd planned for. Nice room though.
Have they included your laundry in with that or are you going to step out looking like a bag of washing, as usual, with the same scruds and socks that you've had on all day today? :lol:
As you know ... I am well travelled.

I always have spare.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:
If you equate un-ironed as dirty and ironed as clean, you may apply whatever stereotypes you like to a person.What this may have to do with deodorant I cannot imagine beyond attempting some sort of gratuitous insult towards me. I do not worry since I look clean, if not creaseless, and smell nice enough so I'm told.
You must admit though that scruffy tw*ts in creased clothes are more likely to smell than people in pristine outfits.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:40 pm

What time did they start to cancel them Bobo? Managed to pack Miss BP off on the 11.15am to Euston for her first long distance solo train journey. Eventually got there after the engine conked out at Milton Keynes.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:

If you equate un-ironed as dirty and ironed as clean, you may apply whatever stereotypes you like to a person.What this may have to do with deodorant I cannot imagine beyond attempting some sort of gratuitous insult towards me. I do not worry since I look clean, if not creaseless, and smell nice enough so I'm told.[/quote]

You must admit though that scruffy tw*ts in creased clothes are more likely to smell than people in pristine outfits.[/quote]

I admit nothing but I think I realize what brought all this on. Some while back you got into a silly discussion with the bish that went on for pages with each of you trying to get the last word in. At that time I wrote my opinion ti the effect that it was a complete waste of bandwidth. Perhaps that annoyed you. Now, still suffering from lastworditis, you take the fact that someone wears drip dry and non-iron shirts as an excuse to make fatuous remarks about their personal hygiene. So I won't get into any further discussion in an attempt to get the last word as I don't suffer from that disease. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll find a cure.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:

What time did they start to cancel them Bobo? Managed to pack Miss BP off on the 11.15am to Euston for her first long distance solo train journey. Eventually got there after the engine conked out at Milton Keynes.
Around 5pm I think. So she was well clear.

The question now is how well it gets sorted tomorrow or I'll be finding a circuitous route.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Fortunately, I had the foresight to feck-off from the place at 19:00 yesterday evening (after originally planning to travel home tonight). I looked at

1) The weather and
2) The possibility of another Tube walk-out

And thought - time to evacuate the dump. 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Fortunately, I had the foresight to feck-off from the place at 19:00 yesterday evening (after originally planning to travel home tonight). I looked at

1) The weather and
2) The possibility of another Tube walk-out

And thought - time to evacuate the dump. 8)
Throw him your spare crackers. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Trains are back running. A good mate managed to get the 2100 back to Piccadilly. Hotels were all full by the time he tried to find a room so just as well!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:

You must admit though that scruffy tw*ts in creased clothes are more likely to smell than people in pristine outfits.[/quote]

I admit nothing but I think I realize what brought all this on. Some while back you got into a silly discussion with the bish that went on for pages with each of you trying to get the last word in. At that time I wrote my opinion ti the effect that it was a complete waste of bandwidth. Perhaps that annoyed you. Now, still suffering from lastworditis, you take the fact that someone wears drip dry and non-iron shirts as an excuse to make fatuous remarks about their personal hygiene. So I won't get into any further discussion in an attempt to get the last word as I don't suffer from that disease. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll find a cure.[/quote]

:shock:

Shame really as I was quite enjoying our discussion.

As a side though I have often found that those scruffy c**ts are the most likely to have dandruff on their shoulders.

I look forward to discussing other matters with you in the future. :)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Some while back you got into a silly discussion with the bish that went on for pages with each of you trying to get the last word in. At that time I wrote my opinion ti the effect that it was a complete waste of bandwidth.
Has thebish been banned or has someone surgically removed both hands?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 pm

William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Some while back you got into a silly discussion with the bish that went on for pages with each of you trying to get the last word in. At that time I wrote my opinion ti the effect that it was a complete waste of bandwidth.
See other thread - Gooner Girl told us he is taking a break. Elsewhere she also pointed a finger. Not banned therefore. Check the introspection thread.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
William the White wrote:
See other thread - Gooner Girl told us he is taking a break. Elsewhere she also pointed a finger. Not banned therefore.
I was being facetious, sorry... Why's he taking a break? Prima facie unlikely after 32480 posts... Which other thread did GG post on?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:38 am

William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
William the White wrote:
See other thread - Gooner Girl told us he is taking a break. Elsewhere she also pointed a finger. Not banned therefore.
I was being facetious, sorry... Why's he taking a break? Prima facie unlikely after 32480 posts... Which other thread did GG post on?
On introspection as I wrote but you cut out! I imagine he became unhappy about an unpleasant exchange with another board member and took a time-out. This is just a guess based on what GG said. She also said she did not know when he would be back if ever.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 am

He may have taken his sea kayak to Somerset to help the locals out?

Come back soon Bish :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He may have taken his sea kayak to Somerset to help the locals out?

Come back soon Bish :D
Or, he's done a John Darwin?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am

Drinking on a school night.

Whyyyyyyy?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 am

We don't have a f*ck me they're still letting the lunatics run the asylum? thread, so I guess this belongs here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26167619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

88% commission on sales is fairly standard, isn't it?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.