What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:56 am

W1A. Was pretty funny as a one-off, but think it will get shit. Not sure where they take it beyond 'hillarious BBC parody'. Sarah Parish and Jessica Stephenson always help (hubba hubba) as does Davey T, but can't see it going anywhere.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:27 am

Stewart Lee. Again. :pray:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:03 am

Anyone seen Walter Mitty? Delightful film. Didn't know Ben Stiller had that kind of performance in him.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 am

yeah, was suprisingly alright.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 am

Prufrock wrote:W1A. Was pretty funny as a one-off, but think it will get shit. Not sure where they take it beyond 'hillarious BBC parody'. Sarah Parish and Jessica Stephenson always help (hubba hubba) as does Davey T, but can't see it going anywhere.
I think it is constrained by the fact they've picked a real and incredibly well known organisation to riff on. 2012 worked better because although everyone knew about the olympics the background planning was less in the public eye and so easier to mock without getting necessarily close to any specific truths.

Still think it has promise!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

LeverEnd wrote:
wigan white wrote:
Raven wrote:Yep that was very weird and didn't see that coming. I quite like the more mindfecking episodes like the last two more suspense than running from and shooting zombies and Melissa McBride is gorgeous
TBH, I thought the show had actually been lacking in Zombie confrontation and losing its actual premise as a "Zombie Horror".
I've thought that at times, but I thought the barbecued smoking zombies scene was well done. And feeding scene was fcuked up but compelling.
Have you seen Darabont's The Mist? Very little monster action in it, mainly implied and the film is more a speculation on human behaviousr in certain scenarios, similarly to TWD.
The burnt Zombie thing was ace, and the acting from those 2 kids was fantastic yet unnerving.
Watched the Mist when it came out and I agree, its more implying that the monsters are there without showing them too much, and it works really well (the actual Stephen King story is fantastic too).

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Not seen or heard of the Mist, will look out for it, thanks
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Raven wrote:Not seen or heard of the Mist, will look out for it, thanks
Its one of the few films that is almost identical to the Stephen King short story. Its a cracking film.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 pm

I know it's been mentioned on here before, but I watched Blackfish last night. Wow, Seaworld are a right bunch of evil bastards!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:52 pm

I'd seen nothing of the VIVA festival of Spanish and Latin American film - and it finishes on Sunday.

So today I caught a Chilean film - La Pasion de Michelangelo. Set in 1983 it offers a take on the rotten (and, at this stage, rotting) dictatorship of Pinochet, as the regime encourages a young man, who sees visions of the Virgin Mary, and she also talks to him, gives him guidance on the message to give to sinning humanity. Based on true events - the cult of the Virgin of Penablanca (I think) - gains mass following. And soon Miguel Angel, the 14 year old visionary, is telling them that the Virgin says to love their President. Etc. A good movie, without ever becoming great.

I then caught Menu Degustacio (The Tasting Menu), in Catalan, mostly, which is inspired by - I guess - El Bulli - several times voted the World's Best Restaurant. It imagines a final night at a famous Catalan restaurant - the first of the 20 courses is snail caviar - and assembles an odd group of diners to offer a sporadically funny comedy with an international cast and dialogue in Catalan, English, Spanish and Japanese. This is a good hearted film, with some nice set pieces and a lovely landscape. Profound, it isn't, but an excellent movie equivalent of beach holiday reading. I liked.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Svengali movie, at last, tremendous!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 pm

The Crash Reel, brilliantly made documentary billed as being about the rivalry between snowboard behemoths Sean White and Kevin Pearce, but in reality its more to do with Pearce's almost fatal crash dasy before the olympics he was due to clear up in! he sustained a traumatic brain injury and the film follows him and the people around him through his recovery, and also nods towards the dangers of extreme sports in general. its pretty emotional stuff. top film.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Watched Martyrs. Thanks for that :shock:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:57 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Watched Martyrs. Thanks for that :shock:
haha! day spoiler.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:49 am

Yesterday was The Grand Budapest Hotel - where loads of famous actors get together to do a caper movie.

An enjoyable, if pointless, way of spending an amiable couple of hours. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 am

Endeavour is back, unfortunately only for four episodes. Young Morse, troubled and dicing on the edge of alcholism brilliantly played by Shaun Evans, and his mentor, Inspector Fred Thursday again well portrayed by Roger Allam. Set in the sixties and a follow on from the first introductory series, the atmospheric throw back to Morse's youth is good stuff for me. Mind you, I've always been a Morse fan.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm

despite it being a bit shit, i quite enjoyed Dom Hemingway the other night. pretty funny in parts, some good dialogue, and a brilliant performance for JL.

its unoriginal, but not the cliched bad guy come good tale somehow, he just stays bad. it also features two of the worst, least intimidating bad guys ive ever seen, almost comical. anyway, worth a watch. good soundtrack too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Not a big fan of the final Walking Dead episode, bit of a let down after a great series. Bring on Game of Thrones next week.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Really? I thought it was brilliant. Couple of twists, nice cliffhanger. Great season ender. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Really? I thought it was brilliant. Couple of twists, nice cliffhanger. Great season ender. :)
Started well but thought the end was a bit predictable and cheesey.