This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by a1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 pm

just say no

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 am

RIP Ultimate WARRIOR

Days after being inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame and being on RAW

Cannot believe it. :cry:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Just seen this on twitter

"RIP In peace Ultimate Warrior. From a fan in liverpool #YNWA".

To which somebody I follow replied

#You'llNeverWrestleAgain

:lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Seriously though.. A proper hero of mine when I was younger.

Think the WWF (WWE?) need to seriously help these athletes in their mid-life. 54 is no age to go of natural causes.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:Seriously though.. A proper hero of mine when I was younger.

Think the WWF (WWE?) need to seriously help these athletes in their mid-life. 54 is no age to go of natural causes.
They do. They pay for any fees that arise from any problems they have with addiction or any other issues they have.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 am

Natural causes my arse.

Most of them are roided up to their eyeballs.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 am

... and don't even attempt to tell me that it's a sport! :)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:

They do. They pay for any fees that arise from any problems they have with addiction or any other issues they have.
There have been a few premature deaths though and they will all be routed to the drugs they were taking when they were performing

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Natural causes my arse.

Most of them are roided up to their eyeballs.
Are, or were?

Who said it was a sport?
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:

There have been a few premature deaths though and they will all be routed to the drugs they were taking when they were performing
There've been quite a lot, but those have stemmed from the days when it was 'acceptable' to take steroids, in the 80s. They majorly cleaned up their act and no longer allow steroid use and are very vigilant when it comes to anyone that does. They have a wellness programme in place in which if anyone is caught taking steroids they get a 30 day suspension. Third time caught they must go to rehab if they want to keep their job.

I can't remember the last time anyone got who failed. Wrestling these days isn't focused on massive build up guys with massive muscles. Their current champion is 5'7 and 90% of this board is probably bigger than him. Much more focused on character building and in ring performances in which steroid use won't help with any of those. It will only hinder it.

And as I said earlier, anyone who has ever worked for WWE, no matter how big a role, have life time support for anything regarding substance abuse.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Hardly a hard line is it? That's the third time now, so off you pop to rehab and we'll see you in a month

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Better than third time and you're gone, we will do nothing for you. Which is what you complained about in your first post.

And it's a 6 month rehab stay.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:

A few premature deaths?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Skud ... died_young" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many are heart attacks, drug overdoses or suicide? Steroids or just unlucky?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Jesus Christ

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Jesse Winchester, singer songwriter, who came to Montreal as a draft dodger. I attended many of his performances in the late 1960s. RIP.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:Jesus Christ
No. Not yet. That'll be next Friday.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:32 pm

boltonboris wrote:Jesus Christ
Mick McManus would have had him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died, aged 87. The great genius of 20th century literature, Nobel laureate, founder of magical realism, author of the outstanding novel of the last century, One Hundred Years of Solitude is no longer alive.

He was 87 and lived a profoundly creative life and, best of all, for him, touched the lives of millions with his imagination. It is perhaps a time to celebrate that achievement rather than mourn its passing. His work survives.

He gave me permission to dramatise his novella No One Writes to the Colonel for BBC Radio 4. The last day of recording was my 50th birthday. i dashed from the studio to a gathering of friends and family with a 50-candled cake.

But I guess I can say that, in a sense, I spent my 50th with Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I just counted the books of his on my shelf. They number 14. more than any other writer, other than Shakespeare. The world doesn't feel colder for his passing. It feels warmer for his being. I loved his writing and thank him for the hours and hours that he wound his magic around me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Everyone Else wrote:So pleased to see the total lack of interest in this. We've pretty much managed to avoid. :D
William the White wrote:Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died, aged 87. The great genius of 20th century literature, Nobel laureate, founder of magical realism, author of the outstanding novel of the last century, One Hundred Years of Solitude is no longer alive.

He was 87 and lived a profoundly creative life and, best of all, for him, touched the lives of millions with his imagination. It is perhaps a time to celebrate that achievement rather than mourn its passing. His work survives.

He gave me permission to dramatise his novella No One Writes to the Colonel for BBC Radio 4. The last day of recording was my 50th birthday. i dashed from the studio to a gathering of friends and family with a 50-candled cake.

But I guess I can say that, in a sense, I spent my 50th with Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I just counted the books of his on my shelf. They number 14. more than any other writer, other than Shakespeare. The world doesn't feel colder for his passing. It feels warmer for his being. I loved his writing and thank him for the hours and hours that he wound his magic around me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 pm

William the White wrote:Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died, aged 87. The great genius of 20th century literature, Nobel laureate, founder of magical realism, author of the outstanding novel of the last century, One Hundred Years of Solitude is no longer alive.

"It's not true people stop pursui8ng dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams." GGM.

I guess we'll stay young hoping to get back in the Premiership.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.