What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:17 pm

just watched "Good Vibrations" - fecking ace! :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:44 pm

thebish wrote:just watched "Good Vibrations" - fecking ace! :D
Bloody love that film, tremendous!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Watched Starred Up tonight, finally

I likes a gritty prison drama, and this is pretty brutal stuff. Good film, not the most original and the characters are too hateful to really care if they get hurt or not. great acting tho.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:46 am

Finally got round to watching the Download highlights, which confirmed that Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge is a magnificent rock vocalist. It also appears that Dexter of the Offspring is struggling vocally, which is a shame as I love that band.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:37 am

Watched 'Life through Wartime', it's a sequel to the film 'Happiness' but with all the characters recast. For example, Philip Seymour Hoffman's character in the first film is now played Michael K. 'Omar from The Wire' Williams, so it took me a while to realise they were supposed to be the same person. It's about as messed up as you'd expect a Todd Solondz film to be, though not quite as messed up as Palindromes was.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Finished watching the BBC's 'State of Play' last night.

Cracking little series. David Morrissey should be in everything.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Scrappers. One of these real life things featuring Terry Corless's scrap yard on Waterloo St. And I worry that I have a Bolton accent?! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Scrappers. One of these real life things featuring Terry Corless's scrap yard on Waterloo St. And I worry that I have a Bolton accent?! :D
The BN described his missus as 'glamorous'! :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Scrappers. One of these real life things featuring Terry Corless's scrap yard on Waterloo St. And I worry that I have a Bolton accent?! :D
The BN described his missus as 'glamorous'! :shock:
And not as a scrap dealer's stereotypical Mrs? :conf:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Locke. Utterly ace.

Single scene, bloke in a car talking on the phone to various people about infedelity and concrete. Hard to imagine why it's so compelling when you look at it like that! But it's really is! Top film.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Memento is on later tonight. One of my absolute faves.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Locke. The Genaral is getting the blame if it's garbage!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Locke. The Genaral is getting the blame if it's garbage!
You won't be disappointed, I'll put money on it

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 pm

The General's never let me down yet. Let us know how it goes.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Not sure if anybody is aware of this (if so then I apologise) but theres an app I use called "showbox" that plays or downloads most of the latest films, loads of old films and almost nearly all tv series present and past. You can watch them on your tablet, phone or laptop instantly with an internet connection or wi-fi or download them to your device to watch later.
Go to google, type in Showbox, click on the link to download the app, then download the app and commence hours of free programmes/films. Its got all breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, game of thrones on it, pkus new ones not yet in the uk, like constantine, the strain and the last ship.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:46 pm

wigan white wrote:Not sure if anybody is aware of this (if so then I apologise) but theres an app I use called "showbox" that plays or downloads most of the latest films, loads of old films and almost nearly all tv series present and past. You can watch them on your tablet, phone or laptop instantly with an internet connection or wi-fi or download them to your device to watch later.
Go to google, type in Showbox, click on the link to download the app, then download the app and commence hours of free programmes/films. Its got all breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, game of thrones on it, pkus new ones not yet in the uk, like constantine, the strain and the last ship.
Enjoy hours of fun uninstalling about 10 other files which download with it, despite me opting out.

Which one is the one I would actually want WW ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
wigan white wrote:Not sure if anybody is aware of this (if so then I apologise) but theres an app I use called "showbox" that plays or downloads most of the latest films, loads of old films and almost nearly all tv series present and past. You can watch them on your tablet, phone or laptop instantly with an internet connection or wi-fi or download them to your device to watch later.
Enjoy hours of fun uninstalling about 10 other files which download with it, despite me opting out.

Sorry Bobo, I'm being a bit thick here . Are you asking which is the correct link or are you saying you've tried it and it's shite?

If it's the former then :- http://media-apps.cc/android/
not installed any other files as I can see.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
The General's never let me down yet. Let us know how it goes.
Absolutely excellent! :pray:

Claustrophobic, tense, real world and left me thinking, which is always the mark of a good film for me.

I thought some of the early dialogue was a little stilted, but that aside, loved it.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:59 pm

wigan white wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Sorry Bobo, I'm being a bit thick here . Are you asking which is the correct link or are you saying you've tried it and it's shite?

It downloaded 11 files. Lots of bunkum which then installed games and unwanted file checkers and utility bars etc. I have/had no ideawhich one wwasthe one I actually want.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:
wigan white wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

It downloaded 11 files. Lots of bunkum which then installed games and unwanted file checkers and utility bars etc. I have/had no ideawhich one wwasthe one I actually want.
That's bizarre as I've checked my Tablet and it's not downloaded any other files? Was it the initial installation of the app or when you downloaded a movie, that installed the other files?