Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:
It's a great but sad scenario. What you want is happening but it leaves a game which isn't easily filled
.You do have 3 years of holidays, visits etc. to get used to it before it's a more permanent arrangement.
aye - you're right....

thing is - Bradford Uni isn't THAT much closer than Teesside which we've been schlepping up and down to for the last 5 years!

still - we have another bedroom to use now! (the biggest one!)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:34 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
It's a great but sad scenario. What you want is happening but it leaves a game which isn't easily filled
.You do have 3 years of holidays, visits etc. to get used to it before it's a more permanent arrangement.
aye - you're right....

thing is - Bradford Uni isn't THAT much closer than Teesside which we've been schlepping up and down to for the last 5 years!

Why was Bradford her first choice? (I'm not criticising -one of mine is a Bradford graduate and currently completing his PhD there).

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am

I have to admit I was curious when Bish said it was about the place, not the course, having never been there.

Is it any of these reasons?! http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/13/13-reason ... k-4828613/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:49 am

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
aye - you're right....

Why was Bradford her first choice? (I'm not criticising -one of mine is a Bradford graduate and currently completing his PhD there).
I think she is just very excited by the multi-cultural vibe of the place.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I have to admit I was curious when Bish said it was about the place, not the course, having never been there.

Is it any of these reasons?! http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/13/13-reason ... k-4828613/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no! 8)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
aye - you're right....

It certainly has that. And the finest vegetarian, alcohol forbidden, curry house in the country!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:16 pm

William the White wrote:
It certainly has that. And the finest vegetarian, alcohol forbidden, curry house in the country!
I may come back and ask you where that is for when we go up and visit! 8)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:37 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
I may come back and ask you where that is for when we go up and visit! 8)
I just checked and there's a telegraph article saying it's moving to Leeds. And is now fully licensed.

But their own website still identifies it in Bradford - but moved to the outskirts.

Menus still totally veggie - the best veggie food I've ever had!

http://www.prashad.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here on Gordon Ramsay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCfjYBYOJyY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Happy because I thought it was only me who thought this ....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 1008062982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stag Dos Increasingly Run By The Biggest Tosser You'll Ever Meet

EXPENSIVE, lengthy stag trips are usually organised by some total prick who won’t leave you alone for five minutes, according to new research.

The Institute for Studies found that, in any given social circle, custodianship of the stag trip will almost always fall to an arse that no one else has met before, but who was apparently ‘mental’ at university. They will be called ‘Duncs’, ‘Mikey’ or ‘Shamrock’.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “These people work in management somewhere like Carphone Warehouse, and are the personification of FHM magazine.

“The groom will never, ever have mentioned them before announcing the wedding. God knows where these people come from. Maybe there’s a secret prick factory hidden somewhere in the East Midlands.”

He added: “You usually receive the first of several hundred emails about six months before any planned trip. It will be headed something like ‘Ola Compadres’ and outline the many expensive, high-testosterone compulsory activities planned, including something called ‘skelfing’ that involves jumping naked into a volcano with a bit of bailer twine around your ankle.

“The whole thing will be organised with militaristic precision, cost as much as a small house and if you exhibit anything less than rabid enthusiasm you will be branded a ‘whingeing gaylord’.

“And, of course, you will have to wear a t-shirt with ‘Captain Fanny’s Vagina Hunters 2010′ printed on it.”

Professor Brubaker stressed that stag events have not always been such an unconscionable pain in the arse, adding: “Strangely enough, it didn’t always have to last an entire weekend. Until 1996 all you needed was a function room, a few bags of McCoys and a nice, dirty stripper.

“The whole thing was over and done with in about six hours and at no point did anyone have to get on a fecking jet ski.”
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Got the next two weeks off. Not going anywhere but got my cousin over from Italy so will be doing touristy stuff with him. Looking forward to the break.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:55 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
aye - you're right....

and she wanted to see a new sh*thole :wink:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:30 pm

thebish wrote:woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-fecking-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

daughter just accepted for her first choice university offer

has been so tense these last days - and now - fecking ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:oyea: :D :pissed:
I've been so wrapped up in my lad not getting the grades he needed, that I've only just seen this.

Well done. Congrats Bish!

Hopefully I'll be contributing to the happy thread this time next year! :)
Hope is what keeps us going.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 pm

cheers! hope my post wasn't over-the-top given the news you had... i didn't really think there could be people on the forum getting bad news...

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm

thebish wrote:cheers! hope my post wasn't over-the-top given the news you had... i didn't really think there could be people on the forum getting bad news...
Don't be daft. I'd have done exactly the same as you under similar circumstances and hopefully will be doing something similar this time next year. :wink:
Hope is what keeps us going.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:07 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
aye - you're right....

Why was Bradford her first choice? (I'm not criticising -one of mine is a Bradford graduate and currently completing his PhD there).[/quote

and she wanted to see a new sh*thole
:wink:
I know I really shouldn't but.......FFFNNNAAAAAARRRRRRR :lol:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:45 am

Our no pun match threads, they just read better.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Today I am happy for a lad who was in my school year who made his first team debut for Reading today aged 19, well done Jake Cooper, hope he doesn't play against us as he is a nightmare trying to stop at set pieces - he's even taller than Zat Knight. Centre back BTW

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 am

Last night, by accident, I changed channels to find a forty year old episode of Dad's Army. I laughed out loud 5 times in the first three or four minutes. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anything that made me laugh that much. Phoenix Nights over ten years ago I think. Just brought into focus how poor comedy is at the moment.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Last night, by accident, I changed channels to find a forty year old episode of Dad's Army. I laughed out loud 5 times in the first three or four minutes. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anything that made me laugh that much. Phoenix Nights over ten years ago I think. Just brought into focus how poor comedy is at the moment.
Never missed it when it was first on. Mild harmless humour with a great cast of actors. Aurthur Lowe was priceless, but everybody in it fitted their parts so well. I can still watch endless repeats with pleasure. The war, full of tragedy, produced some great comedy when it ended. The Army Game, Hut 29 down at Nether Hopping was another one.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:00 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
aye - you're right....

I'm currently doing some work with Bradford Uni. We're making polyester felt from old plastic pop bottles. Every time I go there it makes me feel like I missed out. Tremendous place.
May the bridges I burn light your way