Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Little Green Man wrote:She seems OK but as she's said, the most valuable thing he took was her peace of mind. Not what you need when you're in your 100th year.
A terrifying experience for the elderly - let's hope she can put it behind her in time. Someone broke into my ex-wife's house (my ex-house) when my 13 year-old daughter was alone upstairs in her room. Luckily she could hide and call the cops on her cell phone. They arrived just as the intruder was climbing the stairs. She was terrified but a couple of days later it was a great story. The older we get the less resilient we are and for someone in 100th year it will be hard to put behind her. Hopefully there are enough friends and relatives around to reassure. She must be quite something if she is still independent at that age.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Motor cyclists. Not the good people on here obviously, but those feckin clowns hitting speeds of 80+ mph over Belmont today. It's quite intimidating anyway when you're on a push bike what with the sound of their engines being revved to buggery, but some of the riding I witnessed today beggared belief. Riding at high speeds on the wrong side of the road and passing within a few inches of you. :evil:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Motor cyclists. Not the good people on here obviously, but those feckin clowns hitting speeds of 80+ mph over Belmont today. It's quite intimidating anyway when you're on a push bike what with the sound of their engines being revved to buggery, but some of the riding I witnessed today beggared belief. Riding at high speeds on the wrong side of the road and passing within a few inches of you. :evil:
I don't like stupid drivers or riders.

However, nothing wrong with using all of the road for any vehicle when the situation is right.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Motor cyclists Organ donors. Not the good people on here obviously, but those feckin clowns hitting speeds of 80+ mph over Belmont today. It's quite intimidating anyway when you're on a push bike what with the sound of their engines being revved to buggery, but some of the riding I witnessed today beggared belief. Riding at high speeds on the wrong side of the road and passing within a few inches of you. :evil:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Motor cyclists. Not the good people on here obviously, but those feckin clowns hitting speeds of 80+ mph over Belmont today. It's quite intimidating anyway when you're on a push bike what with the sound of their engines being revved to buggery, but some of the riding I witnessed today beggared belief. Riding at high speeds on the wrong side of the road and passing within a few inches of you. :evil:
Hells bells your complaining about a slow day up Rivi? :shock:

No, you are right some people on 2 wheels can be complete nutjobs.
Anyway, do what bikers do, use earplugs. :mrgreen:
I swear the next 3 abreast cyclists, I will kick the outside one off!
Oh, the speed limit is for push irons as well, something you might remind your fellow cyclists of.

Btw was not me or pals we went to Holmfrith Today and hammered it over the pennines :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Btw was not me or pals we went to Holmfrith Today and hammered it over the pennines :mrgreen:
Does nobody just ride along and admire the scenery these days? I used to just love the trip, especially on sunny days, between Todmorden and my mother's in Bolton, going via Summit, Littleboro, Rochdale, Bury and up to Halliwell and back again.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Does nobody just ride along and admire the scenery these days? I used to just love the trip, especially on sunny days, between Todmorden and my mother's in Bolton, going via Summit, Littleboro, Rochdale, Bury and up to Halliwell and back again.
We do really Tango, well nowadays anyhow, thats why we ride crusiers. Last sentance was tongue in cheek :mrgreen:

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 pm

We had a call from a cousin of ours this morning to say that my cousin and his son had died in a tragic accident in Colorado back in April but their bodies were only recovered in July. Admittedly we didn't see much of them but really sad news about the circumstances. Some of you familiar with Farnworth may know their family business, W. McManus The Bakers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Voice Of Reason

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:08 am

Salford Trotter wrote:We had a call from a cousin of ours this morning to say that my cousin and his son had died in a tragic accident in Colorado back in April but their bodies were only recovered in July. Admittedly we didn't see much of them but really sad news about the circumstances. Some of you familiar with Farnworth may know their family business, W. McManus The Bakers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sad news, ST, especially the teenager. I've been in the Rockies and even in June you can get snowstorms. In Yellowstone some of the roads don't open until July. It is not surprising it takes do long to find the bodies.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Proper narked. I posted a picture of my dogs on Geekbook and some bloke has commented. The pic is titled "Did someone say ducks....", to which he's replied " Mmmmm wears the plum sorse" I'm just praying people don't think I know the thick flecked.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Proper narked. I posted a picture of my dogs on Geekbook and some bloke has commented. The pic is titled "Did someone say ducks....", to which he's replied " Mmmmm wears the plum sorse" I'm just praying people don't think I know the thick flecked.

Think I might add a remark that your dogs are 'gawjuss' :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Proper narked. I posted a picture of my dogs on Geekbook and some bloke has commented. The pic is titled "Did someone say ducks....", to which he's replied " Mmmmm wears the plum sorse" I'm just praying people don't think I know the thick flecked.

Think I might add a remark that your dogs are 'gawjuss' :D
:lol:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Guardian comment posters!
More bothered about not upsetting the law than feckin' nut jobs decapitating folk and murdering and raping for fun! :twisted:
I never realised we had so many soft arsed liberal lefties still around.
I was going to mention we should put on free flights to Turkey for Jhadists from over here then bomb the shit out of them the moment they crossed the Syrian border but the place would have gone into melt down!
I hope the liberal party implodes at the next General Election.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Had to go to the building society to draw some cash out this lunchtime for the upcoming holiday. Normally this would put me in a pretty good mood except today is Wednesday. Market day in Bury, which means 5hit loads of folk getting in my way.

The BS has just 2 windows but helpfully only open 1 of them at lunchtime. The queue was 12 deep in there. This is bad enough but they employ some over made up robot to wander up and down the line to see how she might be able to help save you queuing. A braver man than me would have told her she'd be of more help if she got behind the counter and the empty feckin window!!

I took the British approach and tutted quite a bit. I'm going to be angry for the rest of the day now :evil:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:A braver man than me would have told her she'd be of more help if she got behind the counter and the empty feckin window!!
Let me know which Bulding Society. I'll be there by Friday.

Seriously, you should have said that. It'd have flustered the feck out of her.

Oddly, had the exact opposite on Monday when in the queue and getting little sense out of the woman on the counter and my personal "relationship manager" was passing so took me off to sort the matter out personally.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 pm

binned off my swimming instructor. Kept cancelling lessons very late in the day (lessons at 8, had a text once at 1am saying he couldn't make it). Usually not fussed if people can't do it for one reason or the other but this happened about six or seven times. And it was because he was too busy with his other job. If you're that busy then either a) don't book lessons like you can make them or b) sort yer feckin diary out.

Angry because it's put me well back on training as i'd train light or not at all before a lesson. Trying to claim a refund. Triathlon in two weeks (hi hoboh!) will hurt.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:32 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:binned off my swimming instructor. Kept cancelling lessons very late in the day (lessons at 8, had a text once at 1am saying he couldn't make it). Usually not fussed if people can't do it for one reason or the other but this happened about six or seven times. And it was because he was too busy with his other job. If you're that busy then either a) don't book lessons like you can make them or b) sort yer feckin diary out.

Angry because it's put me well back on training as i'd train light or not at all before a lesson. Trying to claim a refund. Triathlon in two weeks (hi hoboh!) will hurt.

Is this the relays?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 pm

nah it's not a relay, it's a sprint tri.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:04 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:nah it's not a relay, it's a sprint tri.

Sorry. You have told me. Pool swim yes?

If you want my advice get in the pool and just do it. You can already swim you just need to practice. Like running, though, you need to mix it up a bit. If you like I can send you a couple of drill sets you can work with to increase your stamina and improve technique.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Had to go to the building society to draw some cash out this lunchtime for the upcoming holiday. Normally this would put me in a pretty good mood except today is Wednesday. Market day in Bury, which means 5hit loads of folk getting in my way.

The BS has just 2 windows but helpfully only open 1 of them at lunchtime. The queue was 12 deep in there. This is bad enough but they employ some over made up robot to wander up and down the line to see how she might be able to help save you queuing. A braver man than me would have told her she'd be of more help if she got behind the counter and the empty feckin window!!

I took the British approach and tutted quite a bit. I'm going to be angry for the rest of the day now :evil:
Reminding me of this failed trip trip to the bank at lunchtime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-lTabXyNA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;