Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Had to go to the building society to draw some cash out this lunchtime for the upcoming holiday. Normally this would put me in a pretty good mood except today is Wednesday. Market day in Bury, which means 5hit loads of folk getting in my way.

The BS has just 2 windows but helpfully only open 1 of them at lunchtime. The queue was 12 deep in there. This is bad enough but they employ some over made up robot to wander up and down the line to see how she might be able to help save you queuing. A braver man than me would have told her she'd be of more help if she got behind the counter and the empty feckin window!!

I took the British approach and tutted quite a bit. I'm going to be angry for the rest of the day now :evil:
Reminding me of this failed trip trip to the bank at lunchtime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-lTabXyNA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aww, I thought it was going to be the Jim McDonald bank robbery 'Put £120,000 in this bag NOOOOY'

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:nah it's not a relay, it's a sprint tri.

Sorry. You have told me. Pool swim yes?

If you want my advice get in the pool and just do it. You can already swim you just need to practice. Like running, though, you need to mix it up a bit. If you like I can send you a couple of drill sets you can work with to increase your stamina and improve technique.
nope, open water! :D hopefully get some practice in on sunday.

Some drill sets would be really useful actually, if you could send them over. I would be eternally in your debt (til i buy you a pint or something).
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:20 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:nah it's not a relay, it's a sprint tri.

Sorry. You have told me. Pool swim yes?

If you want my advice get in the pool and just do it. You can already swim you just need to practice. Like running, though, you need to mix it up a bit. If you like I can send you a couple of drill sets you can work with to increase your stamina and improve technique.
nope, open water! :D hopefully get some practice in on sunday.

Some drill sets would be really useful actually, if you could send them over. I would be eternally in your debt (til i buy you a pint or something).

Christ. Again, sorry. Are you training in the pool though? Are you based down here?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:47 pm

lol :D no worries. Yeah I am. As said, going to try and do some open water stuff on sunday. Indeed i am based down ehre.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:03 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:lol :D no worries. Yeah I am. As said, going to try and do some open water stuff on sunday. Indeed i am based down ehre.

Sent you a P.M.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Yesterday. Going to Bolton on the bus, I sat in the single seat at the front. Wife was a seat behind so at least had something to grab on to. A woman decides to just stop and park on Bradford Road. Busy area and she did it right in front of the bus. Driver blows his horn and moves out to overtake. Woman doesn't even look, just opens the car door and gets out. Driver has to jump on the anchors, I get shot forward like a human cannonball and have to do a pole dancer special on the bars to avoid getting pitched into the front window. Woman then glares at the bus driver, slams the car door and walks along the side of it with a face like a slapped arse. Seems she had no idea just how close she got to being killed. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:lol :D no worries. Yeah I am. As said, going to try and do some open water stuff on sunday. Indeed i am based down ehre.
Sent you a P.M.
I'm jealous now.

Send ME a PM too Gary, pleeeease.

Anyone else want one ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 pm

I got Ted Heath.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:binned off my swimming instructor. Kept cancelling lessons very late in the day (lessons at 8, had a text once at 1am saying he couldn't make it). Usually not fussed if people can't do it for one reason or the other but this happened about six or seven times. And it was because he was too busy with his other job. If you're that busy then either a) don't book lessons like you can make them or b) sort yer feckin diary out.

Angry because it's put me well back on training as i'd train light or not at all before a lesson. Trying to claim a refund. Triathlon in two weeks (hi hoboh!) will hurt.
Tsk to your swimming instructor! We aren't all like that you know. I had the problem of punters cancelling lessons at late notice, that was annoying! I do miss teaching swimming though.

Good luck verbs, you'll be fine!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Had to go to the building society to draw some cash out this lunchtime for the upcoming holiday. Normally this would put me in a pretty good mood except today is Wednesday. Market day in Bury, which means 5hit loads of folk getting in my way.

The BS has just 2 windows but helpfully only open 1 of them at lunchtime. The queue was 12 deep in there. This is bad enough but they employ some over made up robot to wander up and down the line to see how she might be able to help save you queuing. A braver man than me would have told her she'd be of more help if she got behind the counter and the empty feckin window!!

I took the British approach and tutted quite a bit. I'm going to be angry for the rest of the day now :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-lTabXyNA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aww, I thought it was going to be the Jim McDonald bank robbery 'Put £120,000 in this bag NOOOOY'
Not seen that! Actually, this wasn't the part of the programme I had in mind exactly, there's a better bit where Rowan Atkinson rants just like Harry about banks but I couldn't find that bit.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 pm

No ATMs at building societies?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Yes! They're for current account holders. Those of us using it for savings don't get such luxuries as a cash card
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Filmed in the old Barclays Bank in Wellsprings, Bolton. Some idiot walking past found it odd that a 'new' building society had sprung up in Bolton, in the middle of a credit crunch. Bloody Coronation Street. :oops:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 pm

:lol: Venturing out across Bury town centre on a day that 'Bury's World Famous Market' is on. Are you crazy??

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Sent you a P.M.
I'm jealous now.

Send ME a PM too Gary, pleeeease.

Anyone else want one ?

Nothing sinister. Just an opportunity to get some open water swimming experience.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:44 pm

↑↑↑ Yeah. Says you !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Yes! They're for current account holders. Those of us using it for savings don't get such luxuries as a cash card
We can certainly get it from any account but I do have chequing, savings and the credit card account (though never take money from this last if you can avoid it!).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Really put me down to hear how Bolton is well and truly going down the drain, especially given I see how extremely busy Reading is on a Saturday and how it's difficult to find a boarded up shop, I don't know how lively Middlebrook is, anyone care to shed some light?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/114 ... wn/?ref=ar
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Really put me down to hear how Bolton is well and truly going down the drain, especially given I see how extremely busy Reading is on a Saturday and how it's difficult to find a boarded up shop, I don't know how lively Middlebrook is, anyone care to shed some light?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/114 ... wn/?ref=ar
The reality is that Bolton town centre is in its death throes, Dan. The trouble is that Manchester city centre is a mere twenty minute train journey away and The Rock in Bury also steals shoppers from the town. It has become a real eyesore and there is now very little reason to visit, other than perhaps convenience or for a trip to the museum or the Octogan theatre.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:We had a call from a cousin of ours this morning to say that my cousin and his son had died in a tragic accident in Colorado back in April but their bodies were only recovered in July. Admittedly we didn't see much of them but really sad news about the circumstances. Some of you familiar with Farnworth may know their family business, W. McManus The Bakers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only just read this ST. My family all pass on their commiserations. McMcanus pies have ben a part of my family heritage since before I was born (Since we have always lived nearby!). We all took great pride when they were chosen to be the pie of the tournament at the Wigan Pie Eating Contest a few years back. Hopefully, the family business will continue in the same vein it had before.
Sorry for your loss