The Official Strictly Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Official Strictly Thread.

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 12, 2014 11:51 am

The bit I have an argument with is summed up by this: " All the TV channels are already absolutely ruled by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses.....just in case nobody noticed."

I think that's absolute bollocks, unless your definition of 'ruled' means 'being valued for your waps then chucked on the scrap-heap when you get over fifty'. Your examples of that coven on Loose Women and then bloody weather girls - every feminist's dream - are pretty poor justifications for an assertion that women absolutely rule all the TV channels.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm

^^ There can be no other reason Eno Eruotor has cut herself a 12 year career on TV.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:The bit I have an argument with is summed up by this: " All the TV channels are already absolutely ruled by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses.....just in case nobody noticed."

I think that's absolute bollocks, unless your definition of 'ruled' means 'being valued for your waps then chucked on the scrap-heap when you get over fifty'. Your examples of that coven on Loose Women and then bloody weather girls - every feminist's dream - are pretty poor justifications for an assertion that women absolutely rule all the TV channels.
:roll: stop sniggering in the background Pru....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 12, 2014 1:22 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:The bit I have an argument with is summed up by this: " All the TV channels are already absolutely ruled by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses.....just in case nobody noticed."

:roll: stop sniggering in the background Pru....
Aye, you ignore the topic thebish, and jump on that. About right.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 12, 2014 2:17 pm

:conf: ignore the topic??

I gave you some figures about women in broadcasting...

you dismissed the post out of hand... so I took it that (as usual) you are not actually interested in further discussion..

but - in case you are:
BBC television and radio, Sky, ITN and Channel 5 combined have just 26 women over 50 working as regular on-air presenters out of a total of 481 presenters.

Overall, women over 50 make up just 5% of on-screen presenters of all ages and both sexes and 7% of the workforce, both on and off screen.

it's a LOT easier for a Brucie to be a presenter than it is for a woman of equivalent age.
I don't see how you could possibly even begin to justify your claim that "All the TV channels are already absolutely ruled by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses."

there is no sense at all in which that statement is even remotely true, is there?

(your startling revelation that a programme called "Loose Women" is presented by women is hardly proof of anything!)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Ref above...Will this do?

All the TV channels are already absolutely "populated" by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses."

I'm still not really sure what issue is being taken against my original post since it (and any subsequent ones) are supporting total equality. I'm absolutely gabberflasted at the lengths you will go to to prove some obscure point. Gabberflasted....who mentioned over 50 anyway?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Tango.....if you didn't already know, the launch show is this Sunday.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Tango.....if you didn't already know, the launch show is this Sunday.....
Did thanks A.G. Looking forward to it, although I know very little about most of the contestants.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am

thebish wrote::conf: ignore the topic??

I gave you some figures about women in broadcasting...

you dismissed the post out of hand... so I took it that (as usual) you are not actually interested in further discussion..

but - in case you are:
BBC television and radio, Sky, ITN and Channel 5 combined have just 26 women over 50 working as regular on-air presenters out of a total of 481 presenters.

Overall, women over 50 make up just 5% of on-screen presenters of all ages and both sexes and 7% of the workforce, both on and off screen.

it's a LOT easier for a Brucie to be a presenter than it is for a woman of equivalent age.
I don't see how you could possibly even begin to justify your claim that "All the TV channels are already absolutely ruled by female presenters, weather girls and show hostesses."

there is no sense at all in which that statement is even remotely true, is there?

(your startling revelation that a programme called "Loose Women" is presented by women is hardly proof of anything!)
Is that 26 out of 481 presenters over 50, or 481 presenters overall? I'd be interested to see the number of men over 50 out of the 481 if that's the case (not that I disagree with your point)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I really thought we'd seen the last of Sir Bruce of the tap-dancing teeth. Great old campaigner, but just past it. Goodbye, farewell Amen, enjoy your retirement.........or so I thought.....

Guess again....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I really thought we'd seen the last of Sir Bruce of the tap-dancing teeth. Great old campaigner, but just past it. Goodbye, farewell Amen, enjoy your retirement.........or so I thought.....

Guess again....
Never like the obnoxious c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I really thought we'd seen the last of Sir Bruce of the tap-dancing teeth. Great old campaigner, but just past it. Goodbye, farewell Amen, enjoy your retirement.........or so I thought.....

Guess again....

He's only doing the launch show....

Oh, and the Xmas one and the Kids In Need one....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Guess again....

He's only doing the launch show....

Oh, and the Xmas one and the Kids In Need one....
Aye, I know that.....now. Nothing against the man, I admire him greatly for what he's achieved for so many years, but, like his act, he's past his sell by date in show business.....by about ten years.

I see poor Natalie got the short straw again, and Aliona not much better. Ah well, I'm just going to enjoy the show. You can beat other contestants but you can't beat the the phone voters. On with it.