Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Aanvalluh » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:00 am

Wasn't graffiti, but a wag on the Burnden Terrace in Worthington Days - during a particulary good game. Franky was known for his admiration of (several) ladies, as you well know.

"Eeee. Frank...you can have my wife".

"He already has".

Memories of The Navada...I (a non-smoker) used to chase the girls who smoked as I had been told they were easy. After 143 attempts, I began to realise I'd been had. Happy days.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: What are you going to tonight?

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:36 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:Off to the Lowry tonight for three short monologues by Samuel Beckett. Should put me right in the mood for tomorrow's match.

Macron - Theatre of Futility.
Ah ... Beckett. "Who will rid me of this turbulent poet ?"
Godot - if he turns up!
One of the best pieces of graffiti I ever saw was on a wall at Leeds Uni which read "If Godot shows tell him I waited as long as I could"
:lol: to the lot of you!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Hmmm. Tom Hingley is playing in my local boozer tonight. Half of me's intrigued by the fact that a man who's been on Top of the Pops is singing in my local, but the other half of me's reminding me that Inspiral Carpets were fecking shite! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hmmm. Tom Hingley is playing in my local boozer tonight. Half of me's intrigued by the fact that a man who's been on Top of the Pops is singing in my local, but the other half of me's reminding me that the Inspiral Carpets were fecking shite! :?
My mate plays bass with him in one of his many incarnations of "band" - he has many...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hmmm. Tom Hingley is playing in my local boozer tonight. Half of me's intrigued by the fact that a man who's been on Top of the Pops is singing in my local, but the other half of me's reminding me that Inspiral Carpets were fecking shite! :?
He played in the Old Original Bay Horse a couple of times, mate saw him and wasn't inpressed but I haven't. Agree about Insiral Carpets.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 pm

A little culture vulturing today.

To the Cornerhouse to catch Ida, a Polish film that has been winning massively supportive reviews. Black and White, a drama, set in 1962, played under the shadow of the holocaust. Ida is an 18 year old about to take vows as a nun. She visits her last surviving relative, who she has never met, an aunt, to discover a hardline communist. A clash of 'faiths' follows and Ida finds out more about her past and the fate of her family. This will not be a comedy.

Then I suspect noodles at Tampopo (pre-theatre menu a bargain) before going to see Hamlet (played by Maxine Peake) at the Royal Exchange. The production has been criticised but her performance has been highly praised.

Looking forward to these... :D

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:01 pm

William the White wrote:A little culture vulturing today.

To the Cornerhouse to catch Ida, a Polish film that has been winning massively supportive reviews. Black and White, a drama, set in 1962, played under the shadow of the holocaust. Ida is an 18 year old about to take vows as a nun. She visits her last surviving relative, who she has never met, an aunt, to discover a hardline communist. A clash of 'faiths' follows and Ida finds out more about her past and the fate of her family. This will not be a comedy.

Then I suspect noodles at Tampopo (pre-theatre menu a bargain) before going to see Hamlet (played by Maxine Peake) at the Royal Exchange. The production has been criticised but her performance has been highly praised.

If you fancy somewhere near the cornerhouse, try Kitchenette (it's just next to the Sainsbury's across the road). I had these steamed buns with sticky fried chicken which were good.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 am

Beefheart wrote:
William the White wrote:A little culture vulturing today.

If you fancy somewhere near the cornerhouse, try Kitchenette (it's just next to the Sainsbury's across the road). I had these steamed buns with sticky fried chicken which were good.
Will give it a whirl. Cornerhouse has some good stuff coming up. We are thinking of making Tues afternoon Cornerhouse and eat in Manchester day.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Tonight was Joan Armatrading at the town hall.

Very good. :D

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 pm

William the White wrote:Tonight was Joan Armatrading at the town hall.

Was working - reviewing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the Palace. Good for what it is - camp musical extravaganza, quite clever in places. "All these things you saw in your pyjamas, are a long-range forecast for your farmers" (Tim Rice at his finest?)

Would have preferred Joan, though. :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 am

EverSoYouri wrote:
William the White wrote:Tonight was Joan Armatrading at the town hall.

Was working - reviewing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the Palace. Good for what it is - camp musical extravaganza, quite clever in places. "All these things you saw in your pyjamas, are a long-range forecast for your farmers" (Tim Rice at his finest?)

Would have preferred Joan, though. :(
is that a local company or the travelling show? if it's the travelling show - my daughter was in the chorus for that when it rolled through Torquay this year... Joseph was "H" from Steps...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am

Four tickets just booked (on sale today) for Count Arthur Strong at The Lowry next February. Form an orderly queue, no pushing at the back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm

^ Yes, I thought you'd pipe up :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm washing my hair that night. Which night is it? :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 pm

clapton is god wrote:Four tickets just booked (on sale today) for Count Arthur Strong at The Lowry next February. Form an orderly queue, no pushing at the back.

you've bought the entire allocation??? :shock:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Just booked for Opera North's La Traviata at the Lowry...

Worthy washing his hair again, I suspect... :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm

William the White wrote:Just booked for Opera North's La Traviata at the Lowry...

No .... he's watching me have mine dyed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:20 pm

William the White wrote:Just booked for Opera North's La Traviata at the Lowry...

Too many hours spent learning to play Libiamo ne' lieti calici on the piano (had to go look up how it was spelt), might account for the lack of hair that I'll be washing.

Who can resist a good opera with a drinking song in it?

E pericoloso sporgersi. Rock on.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Too many hours spent learning to play Libiamo ne' lieti calici on the piano (had to go look up how it was spelt), might account for the lack of hair that I'll be washing.

Who can resist a good opera with a drinking song in it?

E pericoloso sporgersi. Rock on.
Now You've got me humming Gaudeamus Igitur... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?