Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Jugs wrote:Neither of us know what Cornick thinks of his actions. He could be another Ian Brady, who believes he's a superman who transcends ordinary people and can do what he wants. He might believe there are no right or wrong actions - just actions. Who really knows?

According to my own morals, he's a bastard.
But we do know, it is widely reported that he knows he did wrong. He doesn't think he didn't do wrong... He knows damned well he did... And what's more enjoys the fact he did 'wrong'. He is undoubtedly (in my definition) an Evil nice person.
[and as I've said if you, or Pru, don't think this, that's because you are deficient in an appreciation of what evil entails. From my perspective that isn't good... It leads me to believe that you are probably a supporter of evil shit, if merely passively].
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:Neither of us know what Cornick thinks of his actions. He could be another Ian Brady, who believes he's a superman who transcends ordinary people and can do what he wants. He might believe there are no right or wrong actions - just actions. Who really knows?

But we do know, it is widely reported that he knows he did wrong. He doesn't think he didn't do wrong... He knows damned well he did... And what's more enjoys the fact he did 'wrong'. He is undoubtedly (in my definition) an Evil tw*t.
[and as I've said if you, or Pru, don't think this, that's because you are deficient in an appreciation of what evil entails. From my perspective that isn't good... It leads me to believe that you are probably a supporter of evil shit, if merely passively].
Sources?

I've read a quote. 'In my eyes, everything is fine and dandy ... killing is instinctual and human.'

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

But we do know, it is widely reported that he knows he did wrong. He doesn't think he didn't do wrong... He knows damned well he did... And what's more enjoys the fact he did 'wrong'. He is undoubtedly (in my definition) an Evil tw*t.
Sources?

I've read a quote. 'In my eyes, everything is fine and dandy ... killing is instinctual and human.'
The Times, for me, primarily but not exclusively - ultimately the kid's own 'testimony', although not obviously in the Pistorious sense as he didn't testify just pleaded guilty. Quotes are not to hand but freely available. I doubt even a quick search would fail to verify my statements.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Sources?

'Kin hell, they should have dragged him out of the courtroom stuffed a gun down his throat and just before thy pulled the trigger asked him if he was enjoying this! (or better still issued him with fake SAS id and chucked him to ISIS).

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:02 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/115 ... age_thugs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Pru, what do we give these two lovely boys? Pasty and Peas and a day out in Blackpool! :twisted:

Keep finding excuses for the shits and they will keep delivering.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:44 pm

For me there's no 'good' and 'evil' narrative like some kind of Star Wars universe. The word evil is one associated with fiction rather than reality for me.

Are cold-blooded murderers evil? Hmm.

Are they sometimes things like psychotic, extremely selfish, care nothing about the future, unable to have normal human interactions, likely to massively overreact to others criticism etc.

For me it's when there's the wrong blend of option B rather than A.

Just to clarify this is only about this evil word, what I'm not saying is let murderers free because their mothers didn't hug them enough.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:10 pm

I'm kinda of the same opinion.

There are objective laws, and then there are subjective moral codes. Freud had it that man's true nature has been suppressed by civilisation reigning it in, forcing man to obey rules and deny his true instincts. His true instincts are animalistic - centred around the sense of survival, they aren't divided up into good and evil, they are just are.

I'm not of the opinion that Cornick shouldn't be imprisoned. I'm simply saying that he will not necessarily share the view that what he did was evil. Unlawful and uncivilised, yes; but, for him, instinctual and human. By all means, men who are psychotic killers have to be locked up to protect the rest of us. Anarchy is a philosophy that doesn't work in a world of imperfect men. So we need rules.

As he said, he 'couldn't give a shit' about what he did.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Athers wrote:For me there's no 'good' and 'evil' narrative like some kind of Star Wars universe. The word evil is one associated with fiction rather than reality for me.

Are they sometimes things like psychotic, extremely selfish, care nothing about the future, unable to have normal human interactions, likely to massively overreact to others criticism etc.

Just to clarify this is only about this evil word, what I'm not saying is let murderers free because their mothers didn't hug them enough.
for me it's not really an ontological or philosophical or even religious point... it's just that when we say - ahh - s/he did that because they are "evil" it always sounds to me like what people are trying to say is that this was a special category of person - not the same as us - and in doing so, avoid the uncomfortable truth that such behaviour is self-evidently merely "human".

It takes scarily little for ordinary humans to do despicable things. To classify humans who do despicable things is simply (in my view) an understandable (but naive) way of pretending that "I" could never do that because I am not in the same category as them - they are not like me - they are "evil" and I am not...

it IS an appeal to something beyond mere humanity - "evil" - whatever we call it - that makes people do these things... I think that's a mistake in that it can cause us to lose sight of the very ordinary human-ness of despicable acts... and become complacent.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Athers wrote:For me there's no 'good' and 'evil' narrative like some kind of Star Wars universe. The word evil is one associated with fiction rather than reality for me.

Quite a lot of those things are prevalent in "the Paranoid Schizophrenia checklist". The problem I have with that particular checklist, is it's a bit like the ADHD Checklist. Easy to use as an excuse and difficult to prove medically other than through opinion. That's not to say I don't believe either PS or ADHD exist, just that the convenience of it to cover things previously thought of just as "naughty" "evil" etc. is alarming. Personally, I'd go for the pencils up the nose job - it's that obvious, it'd be rude not to.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Quite a lot of those things are prevalent in "the Paranoid Schizophrenia checklist". The problem I have with that particular checklist, is it's a bit like the ADHD Checklist. Easy to use as an excuse and difficult to prove medically other than through opinion. That's not to say I don't believe either PS or ADHD exist, just that the convenience of it to cover things previously thought of just as "naughty" "evil" etc. is alarming. Personally, I'd go for the pencils up the nose job - it's that obvious, it'd be rude not to.
He isn't 'evil' - he is mentally ill. Unless 'evil' can be caught like chicken pox. Like all his life he's been quiet, calm, loved, a joy to teach (his teachers said) then all of a sudden he's caught 'evil'.

Like all your life you've never had spots then you catch chicken pox.

From what we know about him, psychosis, paranoia and schizophrenia all beckon as descriptions. 'Evil' - I'll leave that one to be dealt with by the exorcists.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:17 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

He isn't 'evil' - he is mentally ill. Unless 'evil' can be caught like chicken pox. Like all his life he's been quiet, calm, loved, a joy to teach (his teachers said) then all of a sudden he's caught 'evil'.

From what we know about him, psychosis, paranoia and schizophrenia all beckon as descriptions. 'Evil' - I'll leave that one to be dealt with by the exorcists.
of course he's evil. He hasn't just caught it, it's ingrained; one problem is that people like you, because he wasn't on your radar previously, don't consider his character because you feel he cannot have suddenly 'changed'. He hasn't changed, he always was, he just crept under the radar.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

of course he's evil. He hasn't just caught it, it's ingrained; one problem is that people like you, because he wasn't on your radar previously, don't consider his character because you feel he cannot have suddenly 'changed'. He hasn't changed, he always was, he just crept under the radar.
Ah - definitive proof! Thanks for that.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Is it airborne or body fluid touch? Do we build hospital camps on the moors just in case? Is there an antidote?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Hoboh wrote:
William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Is it airborne or body fluid touch? Do we build hospital camps on the moors just in case? Is there an antidote?
Well, historically it's been considered to be satanic possession... Not incurable, I'm told... by saints and messiahs and the lord above... But more often treated by hanging, burning, slow torture - your kind of stuff, really... :twisted:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:23 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Good so between you leaving Evil to exorcists and me leaving Paranoid Schizophrenia to quacks taking a punt, maybe we should bring back hanging whilst they sort it out? :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:30 pm

William the White wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Ah - definitive proof! Thanks for that.
at least I gave a definition of what I was talking about, unlike you. About the level of discourse I'd expect... So thanks for that too!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Good so between you leaving Evil to exorcists and me leaving Paranoid Schizophrenia to quacks taking a punt, maybe we should bring back hanging whilst they sort it out? :-)
Nah - I'd bring back the hurdy gurdy man singing his songs of love...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIXr3XgP-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Can only think of Zodiac now when that songs played
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Took the kids to see the illuminations today. Got there at 5pm when they switched on the lights and it still took fecking 2 hrs 15mins to drive from Bispham through to the pleasure beach with 3 kids taking it in turn to tell me how utterly bored they were and how long was left, with me replying that we've queued for an hour and I wasn't giving up now..... fecking ridiculous :evil:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 am

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... overhauled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Final paragraph
“The criminal justice system, surely, is at the heart of what you are as a nation. It’s about how you respect young people and what sort of society you want to live in. These are important questions, but maybe not ones that are popular to answer and debate.”
Some fcukin' respect the useless turd showed that poor teacher!