Boxing Fans Anyone?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Il Pirate » Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 am

Would love to see a Froch/Kessler re match. Froch should have got the decision first time around. As for the Bute fight; Bute shouldn't have been anywhere near that ring. Impressive record yes, but to make an analogy, so did Huddersfield; but you wouldn't bet on them to beat Real Madrid. And WTF was the ref doing!? Waved as though he'd stopped the fight, then carried on with a standing count when Bute was unconcious against the ropes. Would he have let the fight continue if poor Bute hadn't lurched sideways during the count?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

As I said earlier, Chief - for my money he should've stopped it in the third. Bute was taking a spanking and even to my untrained eye there was no way on earth he was ever going to come back from it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:47 pm

http://www.sportlive24.me/streams/CreepyTV.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haye v Chisora.....if any one is arsed.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Haye in 5.

chaddy_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chaddy_bwfc » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Haye in 5.
that was actually a decent fight. Chisora never got started though, and it took 4 knock out punches to put him down. I hope Vitali puts himself out there for a fight with Haye, give everyone what they want.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:50 am

Khan stopped in 4.

What now for him?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:56 am

dont know but im fecking shattered stayed up all night for that bollocks

fecking dead man walking at work at the moment
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 am

You....or Khan?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Gutted for Khan but he should retire now. He started brightly and looked well in control but as has happened before when he's fought better fighters, on the attack he leaves himself open to a good counter puncher. Despite his critics, Khan was a very good boxer imo with teriffic hand speed but his lack of discipline has prevented him being a great champion.

Still, for all the years of the ring mc in Mandalay Bay, Ceasars Palace wherever, announcing "Fighting out of Bolton, England.." :pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 pm

chaddy_bwfc wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Haye in 5.
that was actually a decent fight. Chisora never got started though, and it took 4 knock out punches to put him down. I hope Vitali puts himself out there for a fight with Haye, give everyone what they want.
Much better than I expected it to be - still think Vitali would take his head off though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Gutted for Khan but he should retire now. He started brightly and looked well in control but as has happened before when he's fought better fighters, on the attack he leaves himself open to a good counter puncher. Despite his critics, Khan was a very good boxer imo with teriffic hand speed but his lack of discipline has prevented him being a great champion.

Still, for all the years of the ring mc in Mandalay Bay, Ceasars Palace wherever, announcing "Fighting out of Bolton, England.." :pray:
I'm not sure he should retire, he was beaten by Prescott as a fairly young fella, and anyone's guess if he was beaten by Peterson or not tbh, who either way has since been found to be a druggie. Technically he could still be IBF World Champion if they take the fight off Peterson, and he's still only 25. George Foreman won the championship at about 46? Nearly twice Khan's age. So I can't see him retiring TBF. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I think this talk of him retiring at 25 is all a little redhoocliers to be honest. It'll be a long road back but, and as has been pointed out, he's still only 25. No questioning the lad's ability for me, but his lack of discipline after such a solid start was bloody amateur, at best.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Not so sure its fair to describe it as a lack of discipline

He didn't know what day it was

Should probably have been stopped before it was

Still, no disgrace losing to the fella who may just be the best in the world
Sto ut Serviam

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Had a bit of a chuckle at Haye's waist guard. Any higher it would have been chafing him under the armpits.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:43 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Not so sure its fair to describe it as a lack of discipline

He didn't know what day it was

Should probably have been stopped before it was

Still, no disgrace losing to the fella who may just be the best in the world
Indeed he didn't know what day it was. The lack of discipline I'm referring to was the one which led to miladdo getting the initial punch into the neck thus flooring Khan for the first time. And yeah, the should've stopped it not long after for me.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:02 pm

He's a boxer not a slugger just wants everyone to know he can go toe to toe which he obviously can't do

Was't that impressed with Danny Garcia everyone's raving about him he swung a load of punches and missed 95% of the time he got lucky with the one he landed

I think a rematch is on the cards and if Khan stuck boxing and not scrapping Khan would win

Retire :lol: he still got what it takes to be the best IMO
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm a big Khan fan and while I missed his fight as I was away for the weekend (but saw the highlights), there's no chance he's going to retire after this. Froch should keep his mouth shut and it's none of his business to be advising Khan to retire, as Khan rightly said he's in a tougher division and he's still obviously a great boxer.

As for Haye and Chisora, in one sense I'm quite glad Haye won as hopefully Chisora will piss off and just fight bums now and not be anywhere near our screens, and hopefully that ends Haye as well because I can't stand him either.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

This has to be a joke surely? http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... r-Flintoff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Jokers in White wrote:This has to be a joke surely? http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... r-Flintoff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No. Tickets on sale now

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Freddie-F ... st/5071048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:This has to be a joke surely? http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... r-Flintoff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No. Tickets on sale now

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Freddie-F ... st/5071048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: can't believe it, i don't see it lasting long.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;