Some advice from wiser heads.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:30 pm

On a sidenote i remember when i was younger people uses to say " when you finish school you wont like it and you'll wish you were back at school". I uses to baffled as to how they could make such a comment, but now i realise, when you are at school. life is so easy not a worry in the world.

Now im 16 have to make all these decisions, get a part time job and so on. And Im sure life is a hell of a lot more complicated for some of you on here.
Whatever you choose, you have to keep practising correct spelling and grammar, dax.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:12 pm

They are typos.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:17 pm

Daxter 15 wrote;
They are typos.
Fair enough, but there were about twenty in the sentences I quoted. If you get into bad habits they tend to stick - you make mistakes when you are trying not to. Should you change your name to Daxter 16 now?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 pm

daxter15 wrote:They are typos.
You have asked for advice - and in good faith we have given it to you.

Several people have advised you to watch your spelling and grammar - yet you still - on the very same thread you have asked for and received the advise - continue to post spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Is it any wonder then if people start to become annoyed with you?

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:25 pm

KARKE KEDGF DDFDFD D DGDG

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 pm

daxter15 wrote:KARKE KEDGF DDFDFD D DGDG
I'm the last to give any advice on this subject Dax, but I now try to write posts without going through 'Word Processor'. Not because I think I can write with competent England and grimmer, but because it forces me to re-read my post before posting it. If it gets ripped to pieces (and believe me, I've taken some bad beats) I don't take it to heart (at least not anymore Monty :wink: ) I learn from it.

To be honest I've learnt more about the written word from TW members on here then I ever did in school. It's a good teaching tool if used it correctly. Yes I still get slated, but I'm ten times better today then I was when I very first started here. Take any criticism as a learning tool on here Daxter not as insult.

Do that, and you too could be looking at an average of '6' in the 'Spelling and Grammar' category :wink:

As for anyone sniggering at your ambitions, fxck em. I wrote a novel that is now getting published, and I can’t spell worth a shut!! You want it, go get it fella!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:49 pm

Soldier, your novel is getting published? Is it the one you did on the site? Well feck me, congratulations mate!!!!