The TW Caption Competition Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:08 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Going to Freetown (Sierra Leone) tomorrow evening so I've had a hard time, (ooer missus!) selecting one from all the excellent responses. But the one that made me laugh out loud was
That old, very old, character of comedy, vice and general testicular maestro........TangoDancer. Well done lad
I spent 6 months at Lungi airport in Sierra Leone airport Gravedigger. I dont suppose thats were you are landing is it? If so DONT EAT THE BUGGERS IN THE VIP LOUNGE!!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:12 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Going to Freetown (Sierra Leone) tomorrow evening so I've had a hard time, (ooer missus!) selecting one from all the excellent responses. But the one that made me laugh out loud was.......

That old, very old, character of comedy, vice and general testicular maestro........TangoDancer. Well done lad
Oi, less of the old father time stuff GD :P Cheers, I'm on it!
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:16 pm

Been to Lungi umpteen times. Tomorrow (or really the day after) will be umpteen and one. This is the first time with the USAF and I hate it when the pilot says he's going to "Grease the runway." That generally means I have to change my pants. Supervisory only this time so they tend to behave. Pity the beer is going to be 2% Lite. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:26 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:A quick congratulations to Mummywhycantieatcrayons on being the first person to post an idea that received over 1000 posts and over 10000 views.

As for as TW threads go, this is truly the daddy!!
Why thank you Soldier; I had actually noticed that we had smashed the 1000 replies barrier. Seriously though, this has been one of my favourite threads to read over the months, and the competition has come a long way since that first crude picture that I submitted.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:29 pm

Even in the canine world ten to two means grabbing the nearest big old dog.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 pm

Oh? You've met Missus Gravedigger then. :shock:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:39 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Been to Lungi umpteen times. Tomorrow (or really the day after) will be umpteen and one. This is the first time with the USAF and I hate it when the pilot says he's going to "Grease the runway." That generally means I have to change my pants. Supervisory only this time so they tend to behave. Pity the beer is going to be 2% Lite. 8)
Ive got some great pic's of Lungi airport and especially the big arsed russian plane landing (cant remember its name but 7 coaches came of it!) ill post them up if I can get them scanned.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:51 pm

Antonov A225. Biggest you can get. Though my C17 can get as far as fast and with not a much lesser payload. 8)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Antonov A225. Biggest you can get. Though my C17 can get as far as fast and with not a much lesser payload. 8)
Oi! Stop this hijacking right now, or I'll get my friend Soldier involved!

Oh, hang on....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:46 pm

Still having re-sizing problems. Do your best (or worst)

Last edited by TANGODANCER on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:50 pm

try again :roll:

on the first page of imageshack, click the box where it says "resize" the use the bottom-most link on the next page after preesing the "host it" tab, cut and paste it between
Last edited by communistworkethic on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Still having re-sizing problems. Do your best (or worst)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 pm

See a legless player DOES bring something different to the team.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Colina rushed for the rule book as Juve's new signing, David Blane, levitates through the oncoming challenges of Costacurta and Maldini

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:57 pm

Court evidence proved that Tino Asprilla's claim that he was abducted by aliens held water!!
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Claims of a drinking culture at Newcastle were supported when at least one player turned up for the game legless.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:12 pm

Thanks Commie, but I've got a feeling this one won't re-size for some reason. I was using the first option on the imageshack page before. Bad choice of picture I guess. :cry:

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Thanks Commie, but I've got a feeling this one won't re-size for some reason. I was using the first option on the imageshack page before. Bad choice of picture I guess. :cry:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Vieira was upset by suggestions he had gone down theatrically.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Image
The old 'whip the football field from under the feet of the players' trick went terribly wrong
Businesswoman of the year.