The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:28 pm

On the subject of numbers, on a pet gripe of mine.

52,000 Romanians and Bulgarians migrated to the UK in the last set of official released numbers,
YET in the same period over 200,000 applied for NI numbers!!!
Either there is fraud on a massive scale going on here by these people or the official figures are total bullshit!

The flood that never happened, I p*ss myself!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Hoboh wrote:On the subject of numbers, on a pet gripe of mine.

52,000 Romanians and Bulgarians migrated to the UK in the last set of official released numbers,
Either there is fraud on a massive scale going on here by these people or the official figures are total bullshit!

were all the NI applications from new arrivals?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Hoboh wrote: The flood that never happened, I p*ss myself!
At least we know what caused the flood...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:50 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:On the subject of numbers, on a pet gripe of mine.

were all the NI applications from new arrivals?
If not then there has been some 150,000 buggering about doing lord knows what!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote: The flood that never happened, I p*ss myself!
At least we know what caused the flood...
:lol:
Well we all knew Farage was telling porkies about immigration didn't we? :mrgreen:
It would seem the biggest liars are the Tories trying to hide figures on immigration and other things.
Mind you while there is no effective opposition, nor parliament sitting, now is about the best time to get the bad news out from their point of view.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm

The problem for Farage, is because of his anti-EU rhetoric, he misses a number of factors...I don't have a major problem if folks need an NI number and they're working. The top 5 countries in the EU for applications were Romania, Poland, Italy, Spain and Bulgaria (in that order).

Of 5.1m benefits claimants (all DWP benefits), 371k were EU nationals (down from 12 months earlier). This represents around 30% of the Non-UK Claimants...Most of the Clamants (non-UK) are from Pakistan followed by Poland, Somalia, India, Bangladesh and Iran...

So all we gotta do is sort Europe out and the "problem" will go away (not).

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:The problem for Farage, is because of his anti-EU rhetoric, he misses a number of factors...I don't have a major problem if folks need an NI number and they're working. The top 5 countries in the EU for applications were Romania, Poland, Italy, Spain and Bulgaria (in that order).

Of 5.1m benefits claimants (all DWP benefits), 371k were EU nationals (down from 12 months earlier). This represents around 30% of the Non-UK Claimants...Most of the Clamants (non-UK) are from Pakistan followed by Poland, Somalia, India, Bangladesh and Iran...

So 30% plus the Poles :mrgreen: ain't worth a start on then?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:The problem for Farage, is because of his anti-EU rhetoric, he misses a number of factors...I don't have a major problem if folks need an NI number and they're working. The top 5 countries in the EU for applications were Romania, Poland, Italy, Spain and Bulgaria (in that order).

Sorry, I've misled you there...371k is the non UK registered claimants...114k from the EU, 26k from Poland. I look at 5.1m compared to 26k and I'd say the "problem" was much closer to home...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Sorry, I've misled you there...371k is the non UK registered claimants...114k from the EU, 26k from Poland. I look at 5.1m compared to 26k and I'd say the "problem" was much closer to home...
Oh I know about them Worthy, when we stop Europeans filling all picking and distribution jobs along with brickies, plumbers, HGV drivers, dustmen, we can start to reduce their numbers, there's a job, take it or lose your dole!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Hoboh wrote: Oh I know about them Worthy, when we stop Europeans filling all picking and distribution jobs along with brickies, plumbers, HGV drivers, dustmen, we can start to reduce their numbers, there's a job, take it or lose your dole!
I'd imagine employers would be thrilled by that policy! :lol:

(or are you nationalising all of the jobs so that the govt becomes the employer?)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:05 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote: Oh I know about them Worthy, when we stop Europeans filling all picking and distribution jobs along with brickies, plumbers, HGV drivers, dustmen, we can start to reduce their numbers, there's a job, take it or lose your dole!
I'd imagine employers would be thrilled by that policy! :lol:

(or are you nationalising all of the jobs so that the govt becomes the employer?)
No, but your not telling me that on the dole their are people who have worked in these positions before, or who have a dammed good chance of filling that position without blowing it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Oh I know about them Worthy, when we stop Europeans filling all picking and distribution jobs along with brickies, plumbers, HGV drivers, dustmen, we can start to reduce their numbers, there's a job, take it or lose your dole!
Yes, long before there was an influx from the EU, that motion has historically worked really well. Honest. Go look up the figures...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Yes, long before there was an influx from the EU, that motion has historically worked really well. Honest. Go look up the figures...
No one has had the balls to stop benefits until now, many, especially the young, don't see the need for them to graft an 8hr shift!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:05 pm

The harmony spread throughout Europe by the celestial body, the EU, is a joy to behold. :mrgreen:
Austria’s chancellor, Werner Faymann, did not hide his fury towards Hungary’s prime minister, Viktor Orban, calling on him to ensure the refugees were registered before allowing them to travel over the border.

“That they are simply getting on board in Budapest and they make sure they travel to the neighbouring country – what sort of politics is that?” he angrily told Austrian television.

Many who arrived in Vienna on Monday travelled onto Salzburg, on the border with Germany, where they spent the night in the railway station and were looked after by charity organisations.

Less than 10 of around 3,600 who arrived in Austria applied for asylum there, authorities said. The rest said they wanted to go to Germany.

As German authorities were also questioning why Austrian authorities had let many of the trains carry on to Germany, Austria’s interior minister Johanna Miki-Leitner accused Berlin of bringing the situation on itself, by “awakening hopes” in refugees after Merkel’s government said last week it would not turn Syrian refugees back.

Refugees who had arrived at Munich station on overnight trains chanted “Ich liebe Angela Merkel” (I love Angela Merkel).

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:15 pm

"Less than 10 of around 3,600 who arrived in Austria applied for asylum there".

You see, THAT is odd. Austria is a rich & cultured country. If looking for safe haven I see no reason why that wouldn't suffice. More than suffice.

Merkel has brought on the current influx herself (can I call it an "influx" ?) and it won't be stopping anytime soon.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Merkel has brought on the current influx herself (can I call it an "influx" ?)
It'll be a 'Busladung' won't it? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:"Less than 10 of around 3,600 who arrived in Austria applied for asylum there".

You see, THAT is odd. Austria is a rich & cultured country. If looking for safe haven I see no reason why that wouldn't suffice. More than suffice.

Merkel has brought on the current influx herself (can I call it an "influx" ?) and it won't be stopping anytime soon.
Call it a plague
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:36 pm

bobo the clown wrote:"Less than 10 of around 3,600 who arrived in Austria applied for asylum there".

Indeed, but if I was fleeing for my life I'd have been happy enough in Hungary
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:30 pm

meanwhile - in Toryland - still a wee while out, but here's the current runners and riders list!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:50 pm

thebish wrote:meanwhile - in Toryland - still a wee while out, but here's the current runners and riders list!

Rubbish!
Where's Kendal!