The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:03 pm

and... ermmm... BEGINS to sink?? what was the ship doing for the last 5 years??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:04 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I look forward to all the middle class luvvies who are slapping themselves on the back in self-congratulation over this, slinking away as the ship begins to sink.

you big gruff working class man-of-the-people, you! :lol:
I'm not, and don't pretend to be. But I didn't vote Corbyn either.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:05 pm

thebish wrote:and... ermmm... BEGINS to sink?? what was the ship doing for the last 5 years??
The ship was incompentently captained and steered off course.

It could have been corrected.

Now it is heading straight for the ice....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Hoboh wrote:Btw, I welcome JC for the reason the tossers that currently occupy the government seats will have to up their game with a proper opposition attacking them, I doubt very much he will ever be PM.
I do hope so, and find myself strangely in agreement with this.

I'm hoping politics perks up a bit with two different narratives rather than two that are almost identical (Centre right and Centre left)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Btw, I welcome JC for the reason the tossers that currently occupy the government seats will have to up their game with a proper opposition attacking them, I doubt very much he will ever be PM.
I do hope so, and find myself strangely in agreement with this.

I'm hoping politics perks up a bit with two different narratives rather than two that are almost identical (Centre right and Centre left)
yes. this!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Ken Livingstone has just come out with a cracker....

Interviewer: "There's already problems, Tristram Hunt and Rachael Reid have already said they're going to the backbenches"

Livingstone: "That's not a problem, the ordinary voter has never heard of them"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Ken Livingstone has just come out with a cracker....

Interviewer: "There's already problems, Tristram Hunt and Rachael Reid have already said they're going to the backbenches"

Livingstone: "That's not a problem, the ordinary voter has never heard of them"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
As if to more than demonstrate the point, that would of course be Rachael Reeves..

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 pm

meanwhile... north of the border..

Nicola Sturgeon said the SNP will set out the timescale for a possible second referendum on independence in its manifesto for next year's Scottish Parliament election.

when was the last referendum on scots independence? I have a vague memory it wasn't that long ago???

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 pm

thebish wrote:meanwhile... north of the border..

Nicola Sturgeon said the SNP will set out the timescale for a possible second referendum on independence in its manifesto for next year's Scottish Parliament election.

when was the last referendum on scots independence? I have a vague memory it wasn't that long ago???
Once a generation. She said it. Maybe the Scotch is are gerbils.

I wonder, if they eventually get a "Yes" how soon they'll re-ask it ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 pm

thebish wrote:meanwhile... north of the border..

I wonder what Korbinov will think about that?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Hang on, hang on. Now, I may have got this wrong, and I'll freely admit that I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I thought that it formed part of the Tory manifesto that if they got voted into office then they'd allow a referendum on Scotland's independence, and to the best of my recollection the 'No's' won it.
IF that is the case, then where the feck does Jimmy Krankie get on calling the shots about when there will and won't be another referendum?
As I say, I may well have read it all wrong, but can someone please explain what's going on here?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hang on, hang on. Now, I may have got this wrong, and I'll freely admit that I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I thought that it formed part of the Tory manifesto that if they got voted into office then they'd allow a referendum on Scotland's independence, and to the best of my recollection the 'No's' won it.
IF that is the case, then where the feck does Jimmy Krankie get on calling the shots about when there will and won't be another referendum?
As I say, I may well have read it all wrong, but can someone please explain what's going on here?
You are correct and the answer is in her head, jumped up Jimmy is pissed on imaginary power.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:43 pm

^^ the Referedum(s/a) are in the gift of the Scotch is Parliament. It's theirs to set up. We cannot prevent it. That's why only the Kilt wearing drunkards are allowed to vote in it.

She can simply renage on her promise. She'll do it by saying things have changed.

She's a c*nt.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:^^ the Referedum(s/a) are in the gift of the Scotch is Parliament. It's theirs to set up. We cannot prevent it. That's why only the Kilt wearing drunkards are allowed to vote in it.

She can simply renage on her promise. She'll do it by saying things have changed.

She's a c*nt.
I think you'll find that any referendum is strictly legal only through an act of Parliament. The Scottish parliament as constituted (unlike the Crimean parliament) has no legal authority to set up a referendum. That power has not been devolved...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:16 am

The new Shadow Chancellor, Mr John McDonnell, ladies and gentlemen. A charmer, I'm sure. :D

A prominent rebel, he recently declared he would "swim through vomit" to vote against benefit cuts and faced criticism for telling a union event that he would "like to go back to the 1980s and assassinate Thatcher".
He sparked outrage in 2003 by saying IRA terrorists should be "honoured" for taking part in their "armed struggle", while attending a gathering to commemorate the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:The new Shadow Chancellor, Mr John McDonnell, ladies and gentlemen. A charmer, I'm sure. :D

A prominent rebel, he recently declared he would "swim through vomit" to vote against benefit cuts and faced criticism for telling a union event that he would "like to go back to the 1980s and assassinate Thatcher".
He sparked outrage in 2003 by saying IRA terrorists should be "honoured" for taking part in their "armed struggle", while attending a gathering to commemorate the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.
Before the IRA bit, that all sounded fairly reasonable to me!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:The new Shadow Chancellor, Mr John McDonnell, ladies and gentlemen. A charmer, I'm sure. :D

At least some of these crazy lefties are being brought out into the open, most of the time they agitate and carp from relative obscurity or send in the black mask clad, brick chucking, people intimidating, ninja thugs.
Now we get to know all about them the less chance they ever have of getting out vote.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:46 am

Well, this is a f*cking disaster, obviously, but at least I don't have to hear or read the word "selectorate" again for at least another 2 years!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:49 am

Prufrock wrote:Well, this is a f*cking disaster, obviously, but at least I don't have to hear or read the word "selectorate" again for at least another 2 years!
I think you'll be hearing it again in May at the very latest...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:02 am

David Miliband to ride in like Sheriff Bart in 3-5 years time.

In the meantime we have to endure 5 years whining every time Jeremy says something like "let's try to be as nice as possible to as many people as possible". Grrr, the bastard.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.