Crap Towns

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Crap Towns

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Not been back here in years, but Halliwell was a great place to live back in the day.I was born there and lived there for 19 years. It was clearly defined by the bus destinations: No 24 was Eskrick Street, 25 Halliwell ( turned round at the Ainsworth Arms terminus) and 26 was Smithills. Nothing went up Moss Bank way or Barrow Brige and you got to those via Elgin Street and Church Road up to the Heaton terminus at the cricket ground on the No 1, ( or Captains Clough Road) then walked. Smithills is clearly as flexible as Heaton now where estate agents and property selling are concerned.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun May 13, 2012 7:25 am

William the White wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Mrs Zulu hails from Walsall and has a sister living in Willenhall so I will maintain a dignified silence here.

feck it! Not possible. Willenhall is a complete shithole. There, I've said it.
I wrote a 'community play' for Willenhall... Basically, a professional team of writer, director, musicians, designer etc etc go to a particular community (often, as in this case, a deprived one) and recruit local people to act, sing, play music, make costumes, build sets, sell tickets etc for a play about their community...

In the end, in some way, or other, several hundred people are brought into discovering a creativity, hobby, passing interest, whatever, in something they didn't know they had - and have showed it off to a couple of thousand others from the place they live... A kind of irrigation of creativity of a place where it's hidden and needs to discover an outlet...

The play was called 'Humpshire', the local nickname for the town, and was performed at the Willenhall Community School...

I went onto write a second for Walsall called 'Junction Ten'...

I really enjoyed doing both and, in both, discovered I really liked Holden's beer - especially, the 'spesh...' :D

I agree about the beer Will. There's a couple of decent beers to sample there.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 am

hbk4894 wrote:what is the worst town you have been to?
burnley
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Motherwell. There's the winner right there.
Agree with that. Although, worryingly, it reminded me a little too much of Leigh.

Think you're all being a bit harsh on Whitehaven and Barrow though - both have had some money spent on the town centres and are pretty pleasant and clean places in my relatively recent experience, particularly on a nice day. That said, there are some right neanderthals amongst the population of Whitehaven.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

barrow not great but motherwell has to b up there. is carlisle and middlesbrough towns or cities they are both really poor (financially)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.